Busy old day yesterday what with a hair appointment followed almost immediately by lunch with friends and then a physio appointment on the way home!!! YIKES! Hairdresser was ahead of schedule and lunch was lovely and, whilst physio hurt like heck, I DO feel better this morning ....... re-SULT!, thanks Pete!
Finally got the house pretty much back to normal and the top of an old teak unit to the tip - charities don't want solid wood furniture any more - they prefer IKEA! Go figure, so ... off to the tip it went, still, we'd had over 30 years use of it but, in fairness, it was a trap for all things dusty and spider-y! I ALWAYS hated taking everything off, dusting them (and it) and then putting everything back (it always seemed like the dust beat me to it anyway!) - so much better now, just a quick swipe with a duster and I'm done! I'm all in favour as it gives me more time to spend ....... crafting!
|My image panel|
|And my insert and envelope|
And here's how the "ombre" technique progressed .... image 1) tumbled glass, image 2) salty ocean added, image 3) stormy sky added and image 4) tumbled glass over the top of the entire panel
- 15cm square white, 250gsm card and matching sized envelope
- 13½cm square white card panel and snippet (for image)
- 14cm square black card panel and snippet - for matting
- Distress Inks: tumbled glass, salty ocean and stormy sky - applied by swiping and sponging using an egg shaped cosmetic sponge
- Images from the Stampers Anonymous "Laboratorie" set CMS173 stamped using Memento inks in Paris dusk and tuxedo black
- Hampton Art sentiment (from SCO170 Happy Birthday) stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
- Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied, to protect the water based inks in transit!
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
Just heard that the Craft Barn will be closing its bricks and mortar premises in favour of an on-line only presence. So sad to hear this news but want to wish them luck in this new venture. Their store will close on October 18th 2015.
And now for the Friday Funny brought to you this week courtesy of Marsha, made me chuckle and has nothing to do with my political belief's - could have been a photo of ANY politician or outspoken celebrity in that bottom right square, just so happened to be this one!