Well we made it to another weekend, got plans? Yesterday saw us at the budget meeting with our H.O.A. - another hour I won't get back but .... what can you say? If you don't go/vote then you surely can't gripe either!
Woke up Wednesday to heavy rain .... and yesterday to this ... couldn't see the houses which are normally opposite!!!
Still, I can almost ALWAYS make time to craft and yesterday was no different, however, I originally set out to make a Thank You card but looked what it turned in to ......
|And a close up to show the sparkle|
|And the insert and envelope|
- White A2/C7 card blank and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to 9½ x 13cm, 5½cm square and two pieces of black card cut to 10 x 13½cm and 6cm square
- Distress Ink in worn lipstick applied to the entire square panel using a Tim Holtz blending tool with a foam pad.
- Stamplorations stencil through which I applied Distress Ink in barn door
- Stampers Anonymous frame stamped on to snippet of white card using Distress Ink in fired brick and then the sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
- Distress Glaze to protect the water based inks
- Stardust stickles used to highlight the hearts
I will be entering this card for the following challenges:-
- ATC blank
- Black card snippet cut to ATC size
- White card snippet cut slightly smaller than ATC size
- Distress Ink in wilted violet pressed over the white card panel to give a patchy background
- Stamplorations background stamps (from their mini mixed media backgrounds set) and Inkadinkado drip (from the mini Halloween assortment set) stamped using Distress Ink in picked raspberry
- Studiog Botanical background stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- Distress Glaze applied with a finger, to protect the waterbased inks
- Stardust stickles used to highlight
I'll be entering this ATC for the following challenges:
- Crafty Galz Corner - challenge No. 43 - ANYTHING GOES
- Create and Inspire - challenge No. 32 - ANYTHING GOES
- Creative Moments - challenge No. 80 - ANYTHING GOES
- Shopping our stash - challenge No. 225 - GO PAPERLESS - no patterned paper
And now for the Friday Funny which comes to you, this week, courtesy of Marsha - thanks Marsha, you're in the draw. It's entitled: WHY MEN ARE HAPPIER!
Needs no explanation...and is a fun read no matter your gender.
Men Are Just Happier People --
What do you expect from such simple creatures? Your last name stays put. The garage is all yours. Wedding plans take care of themselves. Chocolate is just another snack. You can never be pregnant. You can wear a white T-shirt to a water park. You can wear NO shirt to a water park.
Car mechanics tell you the truth. The world is your urinal. You never have to drive to another gas station restroom because this one is just too icky. You don't have to stop and think of which way to turn a nut on a bolt. Same work, more pay. Wrinkles add character. Wedding dress $5000. Tux rental-$100. People never stare at your chest when you're talking to them. New shoes don't cut, blister, or mangle your feet. One mood all the time. Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat. You know stuff about tanks.
A five-day vacation requires only one suitcase. You can open all your own jars. You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness. If someone forgets to invite you, he or she can still be your friend. Your underwear is $8.95 for a three-pack. Two pairs of shoes are more than enough.. You almost never have strap problems in public. You are unable to see wrinkles in your clothes. Everything on your face stays its original colour.. The same hairstyle lasts for years, maybe decades. You only have to shave your face and neck.
You can play with toys all your life. One wallet and one pair of shoes -- one colour for all seasons. You can wear shorts no matter how your legs look.. You can 'do' your nails with a pocket knife. You have freedom of choice concerning growing a moustache. You can do Christmas shopping for 25 relatives On December 24 in 25 minutes. No wonder men are happier!.
· If Laura, Kate and Sarah go out for lunch, they will call each other Laura, Kate and Sarah.
· If Mike, Dave and John go out, they will affectionately refer to each other as Fat Boy, Bubba and Wildman.
· When the bill arrives, Mike, Dave and John will each throw in $20, even though it's only for $32.50. None of them will have anything smaller and none will actually admit they want change back.
· When the girls get their bill, outcome the pocket calculators.
· A man will pay $2 for a $1 item he needs.
· A woman will pay $1 for a $2 item that she doesn't need but it's on sale.
· A man has six items in his bathroom: toothbrush and toothpaste, shaving cream, razor, a bar of soap, and a towel.
· The average number of items in the typical woman's bathroom is 337. A man would not be able to identify more than 20 of these items.
· A woman has the last word in any argument.
· Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.
· A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband.
· A man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.
· A woman marries a man expecting he will change, but he doesn't.
· A man marries a woman expecting that she won't change, but she does.
· A woman will dress up to go shopping, water the plants, empty the trash, answer the phone, read a book, and get the mail.
· A man will dress up for weddings and funerals.
· Men wake up as good-looking as they went to bed.
· Women somehow deteriorate during the night.
· Ah, children. A woman knows all about her children. She knows about dentist appointments and romances, best friends, favourite foods, secret fears and hopes and dreams.
· A man is vaguely aware of some short people living in the house.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
And there's a bonus this week ....
What kind of car do ghosts drive?
And finally ..... something that is perhaps a little politically incorrect but .... funny!
|Certainly raised a chuckle, such a cutie!|