Wednesday, 28 October 2015

Welcome to WOYWDW

Morning all,

Bit of a busy day yesterday what with breakfast out with friends, and then dinner with other friends!!! We've been wanting to try the breakfast joint next to, and owned by, Manny's for some time and yesterday was THE day!! It's called EGGCITY and the menu is EGGStensive (!)


 
 I had the pancakes, didn't expect them to be so huge, Koreen had bacon and egg
 
Hubs had the corned beef hash, Len had more or less the same - hence only three plate pix! 

 
 It was such an interesting diner, cool music too
And my fave, an old BSA motorcycle

Sadly, we were not successful in our original mission which was to acquire ladder yarn (with which to crochet a necklace) which then turned in to breakfast - so, not a total bust then!

However, I still managed a little light crafting ..... if you saw yesterday's post then you will know that one of my neighbours made me a purple paracord bracelet and I needed to make a thank you card, needless to say, it HAD to feature THANK YOU and PURPLE, and be on the masculine side - I think this fits the bill

My card

And a closer view of the twinkle

And the co-ordinating insert and envelope

Materials used:
  • White A2 card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of card cut to 9½ x 13cm and two pieces of black card cut to 10 x 13½cm, for matting
  • Hero Arts "swipe" image stamped using Distress Ink in wilted violet
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment and row of stars stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Ranger Distress Glaze applied (with my trusty finger!) to protect the water based ink
  • Stardust stickles used to highlight the stars, which is what my neighbour is, for making the bracelet!

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafting from the heart - challenge No. 83 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Craft your Passion - challenge No. 285 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Through The Craft Room Door - October 27th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday - October challenge - MAKE A THANK YOU CARD
  5. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 247 - SKETCH - see below (FYI, this is my 5th entry ... I should probably be making it my last too, but the sketch has plainly struck a (para) chord!!!!)


Now, since it's Wednesday and you've probably swung by to check out my work desk ....


OMG! Super messy or what?!?!?!?!??!

13 comments:

Lilian said...

Great pictures Kathy,

I found all meals to big while in America.

That's a really nice card Kathy and I know it will be well received.

You are right a well messy table but bet you had fun working on there
Lilian

Kathyk said...

Working? Yes ... but you have to wonder WHERE!!!!

Kathyk

Barb said...

Absolutely - it fits the bill perfectly. Now that is one messy desk I think it might actually beat mine. Those brekkies look delish. So cruel as hubby and I started dieting on Monday. Barbxx

Di said...

Oh Kathy - your desk is just too funny! I thought I was bad at times :) LOVE how you've been using the LIM sketch this week, clever stuff.

Hugs

Di xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Such a shame. I could have helped you out with those scrummy looking pancakes if I wasn't all the way over here. They look so delicious. Slurp! Love your CAS card too mate. I'm sorry to say my desk is looking quite a lot like yours (and, if we're laying our cards on the table - well I would if I could find a space - the floor is looking quite a lot like that too. Tsk Tsk...)

Have a great day matey.

Lx

scrappyjacky said...

Love the simplicity of the card....and the bike is great as well.

Anne said...

Perfect purple thank you for Len Kathy - another fab entry!
Thank you for joining us
Anne
"Less is More"

Maaike Uijthoven said...

love the stars and how the envelope matches

SARN said...

OMG . . . that desk really IS super messy. I think I might need to come over and help you clear it up!

Oh, and maybe go out for brekkie too! Looks FAB!

I'd say you've totally nailed the perfect thank you card for a male and got that splash of purple in there linking up your bracelet and the card. TOP JOB.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

WOW! Great piccys Kathy and I must say you are ROCKING this challenge.
Super clean, super CAS and super awesome
thanks so much again for playing along this week!
Sarah xx
Less is More

Chrissie said...

Your productivity on the card front this week is fabulous Kathy... yet another fab card using our sketch this week!
Thanks as ever!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Neets B said...

You were a machine last week! Another fabulous card using our sketch, love the purple swipe.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Karen C said...

What a fantastic CAS! Love it!! So glad you came Through ‘The Craft Room Door’ to play! Can't wait to see more of your talent! Just as an FYI – the new TCRD magazine was released online today! Make sure you check it out!!
Hugs,
Karen C