Wednesday, 25 November 2015

It's What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday AND Rudolph Day

Morning all,


Blimey, you DO all realise that it is just ONE calendar month till Christmas, don't you? YIKES!! Whilst I do have this years Christmas card makes under control I DON'T have my Christmas tags under control and my Christmas shopping ..... don't get me started! 

Anyway, it was my turn to set a Rudolph Day challenge for a group of friends - I toyed with all sorts of challenge themes from using a comic image to bright and colourful to a sketch. In the end I sort of combined two (the other one being COMIC) and went with STRINGS ..... now this could be strings on parcels, strings of tinsel, decorations - anything these pals like. Fortunately, I made my card before my mojo went in to hibernation and I went with the more obvious ... strings of LIGHTS! and here's my make . . . . . .

Here's my slightly comic make

And a close up to show more detail .... and the twinkle
And my insert and envelope, check out the String of lights on the mail box!
Materials used:-
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square of white card and 14cm square of red card (duplicated for the insert)
  • Using a PSX stamp positioner I stamped my Sparkle 'n Sprinkle flamingo image with Memento tuxedo black ink ... FYI I don't think I use him anywhere near enough, how cool is he?
  • For the envelope I used the fabulous Stamplistic "envelope dress up" image, stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Alcohol markers and Glitter gel pens to colour both images
  • Inkadinkado ornate sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Crystal stickles to highlight and "ground" my image

I'll also be entering this for the following challenges:
  1. Scraps of Life - November Rudolph Day - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Craftbubble 2½ (membership required) - November Rudolph Day -  STRINGS
  3. Crafty Sentiments - November challenge -  CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS
  4. Through The Craft Room Door - November 24th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Clear It Out Challenge - November 24th challenge - IT'S SNOWING - Theme-CHRISTMAS, Stash - GLITTER - I went with my old glitter pens AND glitter glue, I HOPE that works

I also figured that, for those further behind with their 2015 quota, this could turn in to the perfect batch challenge .. take a string of lights or bells or the like, add a smidge of colour and/or glitter, a sentiment and - BAZINGA!

And now, since it IS What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday ... here's the state of my desk


Mr Mojo's been AWOL this week and my desk hasn't changed since SATURDAY!!!
Lovely meal at one of our favourite restaurants last night and Raj was in attendance to ensure everything went smoothly! Lovely grub and a nice ongoing natter back at our pal's too - Windows 10 here she comes too!

24 comments:

laurigami said...

So gorgeous card,thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments designs.
hugs
laurigami

laurigami said...

so cute Flamingo, and gorgeous card, thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs.
hugs
laurigami

SARN said...

Flaming flamingo's . . . this card is FABULOUS!

Desk looking unloved . . . go get it messy for heavens sake!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Fab card Kathy. Not surprised to hear you had a lovely time at Raj's but very glad all the same.

Lx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Can't believe I just passed up the opportunity to say Fab Flamingo!!! Must be slipping.... ;oD Lx

Linby said...

A great card, and as always love all the extra decoration, especially that cute space for the postage stamp.

mamapez5 said...

A great card. It's nice to see something different on a Christmas card and you don't expect to see a flamingo. Kate x

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

LOVE that fun image Kathy! Thanks for making me smile! Have a great day! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Barb said...

Dare I say "Pretty Flamingo" with all his Christmas lights. Glad you enjoyed your meal last night. Your desk looks quiet!!!! Barbxx

Laurie Unger said...

What a fun card. Wished my desk looked as good as yours. Mine is a royal mess.

Sharon said...

Love this card, very festive! Also loving the decorated envelope!
Xx

sally said...

What a fun card!


Sally

Sue - said...

Super fun image Kathy. I'm nowhere near ready for Christmas, could do with another month before the big day!

Kathleen said...

A fantastic RD CAS card, great image and a very different one for a Christmas card, love it.

Kath x

Loll said...

Cute image Kathy. Really like the sparkle from the string of lights. My workspace looks similar to yours. Very full, with just a smidge of space for actually crafting! :) I'm winding down with my Christmas cards done, half of them already in the mail - YAY! Have started my Christmas baking and shopping and hope to be finished by next week, then I can put my feet up for a while. Or maybe it's time to clean up my art studio ... hmmmmm. :) xx

Jan Frances said...

Great card, love the flamingo image and how you have done a matching envelope. Lovely. Have a good day xx Jan xxx

scrappymo! said...

What a fun card. That is a great image!
Love the sparkly lights too...

Thanks for taking part in the November Rudolph Days Challenge. Good luck in the prize draws.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

A fun Christmas flamingo, Kathy, a lovely workdesk, maybe a bit abandoned, I hope the mojo returns asap.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Carol said...

Such a fun Rudolph Day card Kathy, love the image. I've got cards and tags organised....just no presents! Carol x

Viv said...

Great card Kathy, love that pretty flamingo.Trying not to think about Xmas now.....it always creeps up on you suddenly! ;) Viv xx

LesleyG said...

Your fab flamingo really made me smile......Xmas? Eeeeek! Xxx

Tammi Cremeans said...

Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Regards,

TTCRD DT

makememories4life {My Blog}

Through The Craft Room Door

ttcrd.blogspot.com

Lisa Mensing said...

Such a fun Christmas card! Thanks for playing along at Clear It Out's Holiday Glitter Challenge.> Lisa DT

MaryH said...

This pink Santa flamingo invokes Florida Christmas to my eyes. It's so cute & such a fun theme with the tangled Christmas lights. Love it! TFS & your desk looks positively pristine, compared to mine! Hugs