Sunday, 8 November 2015

Lazy Sunday and a photo heavy post

Morning all,

I hope to be having a lie-in this morning as I've had a couple of busy days but ... who knows! I've scheduled this post so .... gotta hope!

I'd like to welcome my latest follower, Maarit, she was so helpful yesterday (along with Carole) in identifying my stick insect!

Anyhoo, I recently bought a set of mini robots and used them a number of times in quick succession and then set them aside. I decided it was time to bring them out again before I forgot I owned them!

My card

And a close up of the image panel

And my insert and envelope
Materials used:
  • White A2/C7 card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 9.8 x 12cm and rust card to mat
  • Snippets of card in black, white and rust
  • Stampers Anonymous robot stamped on to small white snippet using Ranger Archival watering can ink and then matted on to black and then rust card - how I miss my perfect layering rulers!!!!
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • DRS Designs splatter image stamped using Distress Inks in hickory smoke and fired brick
  • Distress Glaze applied to the D.I.'s to de-activate them and protect them in transit
  • TPC Studio sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:
  1. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 202 - SNIPPETS CHALLENGE
  2. A Bit More Time to Craft - challenge No. 7 - ANYTHING GOES

And now for some photos

The makings of a lovely sunset as we left the restaurant
I guess it's official then ..... pigs really CAN fly!!!
Now there's a sight you won't see too often .....
a helicopter and hot air balloon flying together
I just loved the cloud formation and the almost silhouette
A nice little heap of balloons flying past us

And yesterday's Craft Fayre? BOY WAS IT HOT (hot, hot!) ... it was around 90°f and with nearly 100% humidity it felt EVEN hotter but we had fun .. and even a hot dog for lunch


Tranquil setting for a Craft Fayre
Shoppers at work!


Have a fab Sunday peeps

6 comments:

Lesley Thomas said...

Dont envy being blasted by that humidity Kathy - hard to breath! Love your little robot though.

SARN said...

Fab robot card . . . suitable for the male of the species.

WOW - that sure does sound HOT and HUMID out there. It's not cold here either, but it sure is miserable with wet stuff leaking out of the sky.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun robot -I like the stamped envie too

Di said...

Fabulous robot there Kathy! I think I need those stamps or similar - so perfect for boys or chaps. LOVE your piccies too - can you see the pea green aura rising from Hampshire, UK?

Hugs

Di xx

Barb said...

Love your robot card Kathy. A fun card for everyone. Love that flying pig. Barbxx

Lozzy T said...

What a super make and love the robot..Thank you for joining us at A Bit More Time To Craft. Good luck in draw and hope we see you again..Hugs Lozzy x