Monday, 30 November 2015

Welcome to the start of another week .....

and one in which we shall see the end of November and start of .. wait for it ... DECEMBER!!!!
Morning all,

What a wet and wild weekend most of us had, blooming storm Clodagh!!! We had terrific winds from Saturday afternoon until this morning! I'm out this morning but, I can tell you, I'll be watching for trees and thinking about where I'm going to park too! What am I up to? Well, I'm meeting a pal (from my dim distant schooldays!!!!) for coffee - it'll be great to catch up.

Since the weather has been so vile I'm pleased to report that Mr Mojo was back in the house at the weekend, thank goodness! I've been waiting for him to reappear in order that I could make my last Christmas card for a rather special someone - can you guess who?

My card

And the twinkle! Can you see the granular appearance?
That will be the glass bead glitter gel

And my insert and envelope
And here are the stages of progress ....

My snippets and stencil

My chosen Distress Inks and stamps

The hardest part? Waiting for things to dry!

Materials used:-
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 13½cm square + snippets for image and sentiment panel
  • Two pieces of navy card cut to 14.1cm square + snippets for matting
  • Distress Inks in tumbled glass and salty ocean applied to the larger snippet using an egg shaped blender
  • Tim Holtz snowflake stencil through which I first applied Distress Ink in stormy sky and then Faber Castell glass bead glitter gel
  • Stamplorations sentiment builder and Crafty Impressions sentiments stamped using Ranger Archival jet black and cobalt blue + Adirondack water melon inks, which I also used around the edge of the sentiment panel
  • Blue and white twine wound twice around my base card panel and secured with tape
  • Dimensional foam tape to attach the sentiment panel
  • Stardust stickles used to trace the large wording


I'll be entering this for the following challenges:
  1. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 205 - SNIPPETS challenge
  2. 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - November technique challenge - SPONGING or BRAYERING - I went with sponging
  3. Sweet Stamping - November 28th challenge - SPARKLE and SHINE
  4. Crazy 4 Challenges - November 28th challenge - THINK SQUARE


See you again on Wednesday peeps

11 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! LOVE that and so will Mr K I'm thinking... Be careful out there Mrs. Have a great day.

Lx

Debs M said...

great card, have lovely time - hope you don#t get too windswept x

SARN said...

Erm . . . is the card for Santa???????

It's lovely! Sure to please the real person it's intended for!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Beautiful card Kathy - someone's gonna really like it! :) I adore those snowflakes, so icy and realsitic - and as always I just love how you take the time to dolly up the inside and the envelope. Great to see you in the Playground - you don't wanna venture out of the tree house though 'cos it's wet an 'orrible at the moment!

Hugs

Di xx

Chris said...

Hi Kathy, fabulous card, love the design and that glittery bead gel stuff looks amazing on your stencilled snowflakes. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

Barb said...

Hi Kathy, A lovely glittery card for your Mr Wonderful? Hope you had a good catch up with your friend. Barbxx

lilian said...

Fab card Kathy and I know it will be loved when received.

Lilian

fabiola jaques said...

très élégante carte Kathy, sobre, chic et classe, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

Deborah Frings said...

Stunning! I love the softly sponged background and those gorgeous snowflakes have a lovely shimmer. Great detail on the inside and envelope too! Love it. Thanks so much for playing along with our technique challenge at 52CCT this week!

Sue - said...

Super card Kaghy . If its not for Santa I guess it must be for Mr K!

April Cheetham said...

Love those super glittery snowflakes! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x