Friday, 13 November 2015

Welcome to the weekend and yet another Friday Funny post

Morning all,

These Friday's seem to roll around and it's getting closer to Christmas by the minute isn't it? How are you all doing with your Christmas card making and your Christmas shopping? I'm doing pretty well on the Christmas card front, not so well on the Christmas shopping.

Now, before you get to thinking "I bet it's a Christmas card" this morning .... IT'S NOT! .... but it IS purple (so, not a TOTAL surprise then?)!!! Check it out.


My card
And a close up of my purplisciousness!!
And the insert and envelope
Materials used:
  • White A2/C7 card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 9½ x 13cm and one piece of black card cut to 10 x 13½cm
  • Snippets of white card and black card, for the image panel
  • Distress Ink in wilted violet applied to the small white card snippet, using a Tim Holtz mini blending tool and foam pad.
  • Over the top of this coloured panel I then applied wilted violet through the Tim Holtz "Crocodile" stencil
  • Over the top of that I stamped the foliage image from the Inkadinkado "meadow" set
  • On the larger white card panel I stamped the circles image from the Hero Arts "Notebook essentials" set using Memento grape jelly ink
  • Stampendous sentiment (from the Birthday Wish set) stamped using Memento tuxedo black
  • Stardust stickles used to highlight the circles border

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Fab 'n Funky - challenge No. 281 - CAS
  2. Penny's challenge - challenge No. 253 - USE THREE OF SOMETHING (stamps)
  3. Create and Inspire - challenge No. 33 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Through the Craft Room Door - challenge No. 10 - ANYTHING GOES

Just back from a brilliant break in Florida .... a recent trip to Clermont on a beautiful afternoon resulted in a few pix. Honestly? It's been too hot and humid to want to walk anywhere.





And this little chap scooted across our path

I knitted a scarf for our return to dear old Blighty (a ruffle scarf - see my Wednesday post) but was astonished by how mild the weather was - didn't need my new scarf, or my "easy to reach" fleece I had so carefully packed! Isn't it always the way - you know it would have been snowing had I not been so prepared! I know so many of you have tried (and succeeded) in making ruffle scarves ... is it me or is it tricky to knit up with metal needles? I know some people use wooden or bamboo needles and I wonder if this might have been easier .... ? Alternatively, as a fairly basic and only occasional knitter was I just making heavy weather of it!?!?

And now for the Friday Funny, brought to you this week by ChrisC - a joke from a man's perspective! Thanks Chris!, hope to see you at the weekend.

Have a great weekend

12 comments:

Lilian said...

Lovely card and pictures, I sure wish it was like that over here and not all this rain. May said the sun is shinning in Devon SO it might be on its way here.

Hugs
lilian

Debs M said...

Glad you are back safe, great make and ff x

Barb said...

Welcome back. It looks as if you had a wonderful time in Florida. Enjoyed seeing all your photos. Don't worry you'll soon get a chance to wear the new scarf!

Lovely purple card Kathy. The stencilled background looks really good and I like the sentiment you used. Great Friday funny. Barbxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Morning matey. Good to have you back in Blighty. You'll be pleased, I'm sure not to be needing that scarf JUST yet :oD Give it time though; give it time...

Fab Friday Funny again. It tickled me I must admit :oD

Hope you managed a good nights sleep and will soon banish the dreaded Jet Lag.

Lx

Lauren Hatwell said...

I do apologise. I forgot to mention your fab purple card. The background is so beautiful and sets off your stamping perfectly. Apologies for not commenting before. It's not easy typing with a dog's nose resting on your hand and Archie takes exception to the amount of time I spend typing. He heckles me mercilessly.

Lx

SARN said...

Super looking purple card . . . I love that Meadow set!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Love the purple card Kathy, just got back from a dry Memphis myself - I bet you could have jumped in that water!

Viv's Visuals said...

Fab card Kath.. and the funny made me laugh!! x

Alison Barlow said...

Fantastic card, Kathy, I love the purple and black and it looks great on a CAS design. As for that funny - well I just love it!! Thank you for joining us at Fab'n Funky.
Alison x

Anet van Zyl said...

Beautiful card Kathy. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DT

crafty-stamper said...

Hi Kathy-fabulous card love the silhouette image and stencilled purple background-great holiday pics and love the scarf---thank you for joining us at Create And Inspire
Carol DT x

Willeke said...

Beautiful card, love it that you have matching inside and matching envelope !
Thanks for sharing it with us and hope to see you again in our next challenge as well,
Hugs
Willeke
DT Through The Craft Room Door
Made by Willeke {My personal Blog}