Wednesday, 18 November 2015

Welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Morning all

Up with the lark (or even a little before) this morning, as the hubs is off out for the day, crikey, rather him than me with this alarm malarkey! We are sooo out of the habit! Still, it's only occasionally and it won't do us any harm at all!, we're both a little bleary right now though.

Right, hands up those of you who have just looked at my countdown to Christmas ticker and shaken your head at the fact it's only 37 days to Christmas!!!! I KNOW, me too ... where IS the time going? Fortunately, I'm on the case with the shopping and finished two more presents just yesterday, with delivery scheduled for today .... the gift is kind of round (no they're NOT sleeping bags!) so I'm hoping they will come boxed separately else I'm going to have to wrap ROUND! Ah well, I do love a challenge!

Anyway, the Christmas movies have started on Channel 5 so I can craft in the afternoons with one on in the background - perfick. Next thing you know, I'll be drinking sherry ... p'raps not!


Base tag with Distress paint "swiped" to act as a slight resist

Inked over

Stencilled

Over stencilled with glass bead glitter gel

At this point I THOUGHT it was finished but .....
But I was wrong, I decided that the stripey reindeer didn't look right so,
despite the fact it was already attached to my tag ... distress paint
and Glass Bead Glitter Gel and BINGO! NOW it's finished!

And super twinkley

Materials used:
  • 60 x 120mm white luggage tag
  • Distress Paints in weathered wood and antiqued bronze
  • Distress Inks: weathered wood, tumbled glass, salty ocean, blueprint sketch, stormy sky
  • Ranger Snowflake stencil, sponged first with DI stormy sky and then Glass Bead Glitter Gel (Faber Castell)
  • Gold glittered Christmas Tree ornament, glitter embellishment (Holidays) and chipboard reindeer (distress painted with the antiqued bronze and then the glitter gel)
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using D.I. stormy sky and Ranger Archival cobalt blue inks
  • Dimensional foam pads

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. We Love 2 Create - challenge No. 23 - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES
  2. The Kraft Journal - challenge No. 250 - ANYTHING GOES - TAGS
  3. HLS - November Mixed Media challenge - TAGS
  4. Creative Inspirations - challenge No. 334 - FESTIVE FUN
  5. Stamping with Loll - November challenge - TWELVE TAGS OF CHRISTMAS

 

It is also What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday (in addition to being only 37 ... count them ... 37 days to Christmas!, so here's how my desk is looking right now.

I STILL have a reasonable space to craft in .... for me, that is!

Go on, you'd best get off and crack on with your Christmas shopping then .. unless you are super organised and have finished - you haven't - HAVE YOU?

11 comments:

Loll said...

LOVE all the shimmer and shine with your glass bead stenciled tag Kathy! Gorgeous colours for the background ... and your reindeer looks amazing painted and covered in the glass beads as well. Good call!! :)

I did notice your countdown to Christmas ... where has the year gone??!! I have only managed to buy part of one gift so far. I've got to get crackin'!

Thanks for sharing another beautiful tag at my event. xx

Lilian said...

Love the tag Kathy, You know how I love blue, That really is a lovely Tag.

lilian

Lauren Hatwell said...

You had me at Glass Bead Glitter Gel matey :oD Fab tag. All that sparkle! ALL THAT BLUE!!! Smashing!

Lx

SARN said...

Splendiferous tag matey . . . and very schparkly too.

Pretty good craft space you have left there . . . well done!

Half way through my Xmas shopping, and all my cards are written out. Halo WAY above my head! Ta daaaaaaa!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Love all the shine and glitteriness.

Tanja said...

love the fabulous blue background of your sparkly tag - thanks for sharing your project at the HLS November Mixed Media Challenge

Darnell J Knauss said...

You should win a prize for being the MOST creative in the LEAST amount of space, Kathy! You amaze me! Your tag is textured masterpiece, especially nice with all the sparklies!! Hugs, Darnell

NGCARDS said...

This is a great festive tag! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

chanya13 said...

What a lovely tag. Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations :)
Have a beautiful day! Agnieszka

Linda said...

Gorgeous tag ..... I love a ll the sparkle and shimmer. Thanks for playing along with the HLS Mixed Media challenge. Linda xx

Ingrid said...

Gorgeous details and such a good tutorial! Thanks for playing along with Happy Little Stampers! :)