Santa was VERY kind to me and I'd like to thank everyone that was kind enough to send me a card or present, text, or message of Christmas cheer - all have been hugely appreciated - THANK YOU. My dear hubby bought me some rubber!!! Not THAT kind of rubber, silly!, rubber as in stamps!!
|These have all been on my wish list for a while - YAY!|
Didn't I do well?
As my regular readers will know, I participate in an ATC materials swap and (just before Christmas) I received my latest batch of swap materials .... now these were tricky because the materials consisted of a single playing card and a square of vellum .. hmm. I sometimes find it even more difficult when I receive just one or two items, especially if they can't easily be reproduced (if I mess up!) but, I'm no quitter!!!
|And a closer view|
|Materials provided originally|
|Masking fluid applied over the "spade" and corner elements|
|Alcohol inks applied .... OK, it's a fair cop - a little|
heavy handedly! What can I say? It's been a while since I used them!
|Once dried I removed the masking fluid, sadly a little|
had bled under the masking fluid but at least I could
still clearly make out it was the Ace of Spades!
- I masked the "picture" elements on the playing card and set aside to dry
- ATC blank edged first with the skull border from Inkadinkado "Rock Star" set, stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink and then again with a border from the Kaisercraft "Edges" set, stamped using Brilliance lightning black ink
- I applied alcohol inks to the masked laying card: plum, butterscotch, latte, ginger and silver + blending solution and moved the colour around using a straw
- Once dried I removed the masking fluid from the playing card
- Inkadinkado sentiment (from the same set mentioned previously) stamped using Versamark ink and then Cosmic Shimmer Viola black aurora embossing powder sprinkles, excess removed and then heat set (this was where it ALMOST went horribly wrong as the playing card started to delaminate at this point, but I JUST got away with it!)
- I stamped the drum kit from the rockstar set on to the vellum using stazon purple ink and then die cut in to a circle ..... I added glue behind all the solid areas of the image and attached to the card, cutting off the excess
- Using a Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen I "twinkled" up the drum kit!
- Using a Signo Uniball white gel pen I highlighted the text and drew round the corner elements
I'll be entering my little ATC for the following challenges:
- Love2Create (pan pastels) - challenge No. 26 - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES ... alcohol inks, stamping (regular + heat embossing), gel pen doodling, vellum, card,playing card
- Crafty Creation challenges - challenge No. 305 - ANYTHING GOES
- MOD Squad - December 23rd challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- CraftyGalsCorner - challenge No. 51 - ANYTHING GOES
- Use Your Stuff - challenge No. 204 - METALLICS - I used silver mixatives alcohol inks
Now, for your New Year Resolution and after all the Christmas excesses .... you might want to consider some form of workout regime and I THINK this one might just work for me, perhaps it will work for you too .....