Saturday, 26 December 2015

Happy Boxing Day ... or is it just plain old Saturday????

Hi there,

Here's hoping you are not just lying there feeling sorry for yourself and thinking you should NOT have eaten that last mince pie! Seriously, here's hoping you all had a lovely day yesterday and that Santa was kind to you all too.

Santa was VERY kind to me and I'd like to thank everyone that was kind enough to send me a card or present, text, or message of Christmas cheer - all have been hugely appreciated - THANK YOU. My dear hubby bought me some rubber!!! Not THAT kind of rubber, silly!, rubber as in stamps!!


These have all been on my wish list for a while - YAY!
And my Secret Santa gift was also craft-y



Didn't I do well?

As my regular readers will know, I participate in an ATC materials swap and (just before Christmas) I received my latest batch of swap materials .... now these were tricky because the materials consisted of a single playing card and a square of vellum .. hmm. I sometimes find it even more difficult when I receive just one or two items, especially if they can't easily be reproduced (if I mess up!) but, I'm no quitter!!!


My ATC
And a closer view
Method:
Materials provided originally
Masking fluid applied over the "spade" and corner elements
Alcohol inks applied .... OK, it's a fair cop - a little
heavy handedly! What can I say? It's been a while since I used them!
Once dried I removed the masking fluid, sadly a little
had bled under the masking fluid but at least I could
still clearly make out it was the Ace of Spades!
Materials used
Materials used - in addition to the materials provided
  • I masked the "picture" elements on the playing card and set aside to dry
  • ATC blank edged first with the skull border from Inkadinkado "Rock Star" set, stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink and then again with a border from the Kaisercraft "Edges" set, stamped using Brilliance lightning black ink
  • I applied alcohol inks to the masked laying card: plum, butterscotch, latte, ginger and silver + blending solution and moved the colour around using a straw
  • Once dried I removed the masking fluid from the playing card
  • Inkadinkado sentiment (from the same set mentioned previously) stamped using Versamark ink and then Cosmic Shimmer Viola black aurora embossing powder sprinkles, excess removed and then heat set (this was where it ALMOST went horribly wrong as the playing card started to delaminate at this point, but I JUST got away with it!)
  • I stamped the drum kit from the rockstar set on to the vellum using stazon purple ink and then die cut in to a circle ..... I added glue behind all the solid areas of the image and attached to the card, cutting off the excess
  • Using a Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen I "twinkled" up the drum kit!
  • Using a Signo Uniball white gel pen I highlighted the text and drew round the corner elements

And my inspiration? Well, after thinking about this challenge for a comparatively short while ..... I found that I was humming "Ace of Spades" by Motorhead and it just went from there!!!





I'll be entering my little ATC for the following challenges:
  1. Love2Create (pan pastels) - challenge No. 26 - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES ... alcohol inks, stamping (regular + heat embossing), gel pen doodling, vellum, card,playing card
  2. Crafty Creation challenges - challenge No. 305 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. MOD Squad - December 23rd challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  4. CraftyGalsCorner - challenge No. 51 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Use Your Stuff - challenge No. 204 - METALLICS - I used silver mixatives alcohol inks

Now, for your New Year Resolution and after all the Christmas excesses .... you might want to consider some form of workout regime and I THINK this one might just work for me, perhaps it will work for you too .....




13 comments:

Di said...

Wow Kathy, genius the way you worked on that card. A great result!

Love the workout too :)

Hug

Di xx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Great card Kathy! Great workout too ;) Glad Santa was good to you! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

SARN said...

Fab looking ATC from the minimal supplies provided. You turned up trumps(!) again!

Ooh, yes, Santa was kind . . .you must've been VERY good all year!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Kathleen said...

Well I am totally with you on the holiday work out... brilliant.
Some gorgeous creations and fab colours, lovely presents , love your Ace of Spades creation but not listened to the Motorhead song as hubby is now in bed and I would have had to turn the volume up which wouldn't have gone down too well.

Happy New Year

Kath x

Darnell J Knauss said...

Bwahahaha, now all I want is a glass of wine! I had to scroll back up to remember your card as my mind went elsewhere between your opening and closing paragraphs! You're a hoot, and a talented one at that! Your creation is mind-blowing!! Happy New Year, Kathy!! I can't wait to meet you!! Hugs, Darnell

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Very clever ATC Kathy, well done. Fabulous work out too!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Barb said...

Very impressed with the ATC. Good Work. Lucky girl you had some super craft goodies from your Santa. Barbxx

Debs M said...

well done on your atc Kathy it looks great x

Lori said...

This ATC is gorgeous! Love what you did with the materials you had to work with. Thanks so much for playing along with our metallic challenge at Use Your Stuff!

Tammy L said...

I love your ATC! Really great job! Thank you for joining us at Use Your Stuff and hope to see you again. Happy New Year!
Tammy DT

Jeanie Ellis said...

I love the way you put your ATC together! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner! Jeanie, DT

Lena's Creations said...

Wow, that is so gorgeous!
Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
♥ Lena - DT
Lena’s Creations

Lisa :) said...

Pretty amazing ATC!