Sunday, 20 December 2015

Morning and welcome to the last Sunday before Christmas!

Morning all

Out to another Christmas meal with friends last evening, this time meeting pals from Thatcham half way, in Swindon! It's always nice to catch up with friends and I'm pleased to say that Christmas continues to provide a motive to organise such events. We had a nice catch up and a pleasant meal to boot - re-SULT!

On another topic, I know it's a own personal choice whether you follow a blog or whether you don't - I follow a fair few myself but go through (every now and again) and stop following those blogs who's authors don't post often or who's creative journeys have taken a different turn to the original reason I started following in the first place. I bring this topic to the fore as, since Saturday morning, I've lost six followers! ... I'm used to losing one here and there and gaining some too but this is the first time I've lost so many in such a short space of time so I'd like to say, sorry you've chosen to go but maybe (just maybe) you will continue to stop by and comment occasionally and thanks for following in the first place. To my remaining followers - THANK YOU.

UPDATED after publishing:- It appears that I am far from alone in losing followers, I have two pals who have reported losing 7 or 8 and rumours of one person losing SIXTY! Conclusion? Blogger may be having a clear out of inactive blogs. If anyone KNOWS the reason then I'd love to know

My own creative journey is continuing apace in a CAS (and occasionally grungey) vein and I have a super CAS make to share with you today ....


My card
And a close up, to better display the twinkle!
And the insert and envelope
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two 13½cm square white card panels
  • Two 14cm square black card panels
  • Papermania "thank you" sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Pro Markers in RED and GOLD used to colour sentiment
  • Wink of Stella clear glitter brush applied to sentiment to add major twinkle!

I'll be entering this card for the following challenges:
  1. C.R.A.F.T. - challenge No. 342- THANK YOU
  2. Allsorts - challenge No. 342/3 - ANYTHING BUT CHRISTMAS
  3. Brown Sugar - challenge No. 177 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Left of Centre - challenge No. 109/10 - ANYTHING GOES

 


12 comments:

lilian said...

Great card Kathy, I love the star in the middle of the O really does finish the card nicely

Lilian

Lauren Hatwell said...

Lovely card Kathy. Have a lovely day.

Lx

Debs M said...

Glad you had a nice time, great card - I have lost 8 followers x

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

I, for one, am continuing to follow you Kathy! I don't have that many followers to lose. so I haven't noticed a downturn ... yet! Anywho, Love your CAS creation today! Have a wonderful Christmas and a great upcoming New Year! Thanks for the inspiration in 2015, can't wait to see what you come up with in 2016! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

SARN said...

SUPER CAS card Missus! Love it xxx

SARN said...

PS: Lots of bloggers seem to be losing a number of followers . . . think Blogger itself is having a clearout! xxx

Jana said...

Hi.
Beautiful card. Thank you so much for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. Ch.'s Thank you challenge.
Have a nice day and happy Christmas!
Jana - DT C.R.A.F.T. Ch.
My blog: http://janinustvarjalnivrt.blogspot.com/

Elizabeth said...

Hi Kathy, love your Thank You card, it's simple but fun :) On the subject of losing followers - I noticed that I'd lost 6 recently but put it down to my not posting recently. Now I'm wondering if it has something to do with blogger doing a bit of housekeeping. Thanks for visiting and commenting earlier. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Elizabeth xx

Kathy S said...

Love the sparkle and shine. Thanks for entering with us at Brown Sugar Challenges.

Loll said...

Awesome thank you card Kathy. I lost seven followers overnight a few days ago. I thought it was just me ... now I feel better that it was most likely a blogger issue. :)

Have a wonderful Christmas. xx

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. Challenges and merry Christmas!
Monica - DT

Craftnut said...

Thanks for joining us at allsorts Tracy x