Saturday, 5 December 2015

Welcome to another challenge day post from me .....

Hey there and welcome to the first Saturday in December

Don't know about you but my cards went off in the post yesterday, my Secret Santa gift was collected by MyHermes in the week and should be arriving with my swap partner today or Monday, all being well. Christmas decorations are up and my pressies are wrapped, so ... it's beginning to FEEL a lot like Christmas as well as look a lot like it! How are your preparations coming along?

Saturday, for me, is my busiest card making day of the week, sometimes I'll make one and sometimes I'll make several -usually for challenges. Want to see what I have to share with you today?


My card

And a closer view of the image panel
Materials used:
  • White 15cm square, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square of white card
  • 14cm square blue card
  • Hero Arts large "swipe" image stamped using Brilliance jade green ink
  • Carabelle collage image stamped using Memento Paris dusk ink
  • Paper Arts splatter image stamped using Brilliance blue (from the peacock trio) and Memento pear tart inks

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 253 - COLOUR CHALLENGE ..... Blue and Green
  2. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 99 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Simply Papercraft for all occasions - challenge NO. 19 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. CreateandInspire - challenge No. 35 - ANYTHING GOES

And yesterday I found out that one of my cards had been picked for the TOP 3 over at Sir Stampalot's Stamping Sensations blog ... for this card, thanks peeps .. for picking my card

  

Have a great weekend, I plan to!


17 comments:

Maaike Uijthoven said...

wonderful use of the green and blue and yes, saturday is a busy cardmaking day lol, although I see more challenges I didn;t know about by visiting you...ohoh

lilian said...

Great card kathy.
Might have a go at the blue and green challenge myself
Lilian

Debs M said...

happy saturday, well done on your top 3 x

SARN said...

Brilliant CAS card . . . I have that stamp & have not used it anything like as much as I thought I would!!! You've made GREAT use of it here.

Congrats on yr Top 3 spot xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Great cards Mrs. Congrats on your Top 3 spot too. I love that card. Its a worthy winner. Lx

Clare Lloyd said...

super inky card kathy and well done on your top 3. x

lilian said...

great card Kathy.
Well done on your top three spot.

Lilian

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Another striking and fabulously stamped combination.
Great use of the colours Kathy and as always thanks so much for playing along this week!
Sarah xx
Less is More

Gerrina said...

You were quick! Great combining those stamps and those colours! Hope you have a good week!

Gerrina said...

Forgot to say; Congrats on winning at Stemping Sensations!

Ann Tuck said...

The stamp you have used here is unusual but perfect to combine those two colours for LIM this week! I love the collage effect but it can be so hard for me to create using a variety of stamps - this one is a beauty!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous CAS card love the colour combo and random selection of stamps--Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Papercrafts
Carol DT x

Jan Ltc said...

This is great Kathy xx Jan

Anne said...

Crumbs you're organised Kathy! Both with cards made/posted and first for our challenge.
What a fab stamp combination.
Thank you for joining us.
Anne
"Less is More"

Chrissie said...

I'm really tardy in visiting this week KAthy.
This is a tremendous collage of stamps!
Super card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Susan Salyer said...

what a fabulous make. Thank you for sharing with us at Create and Inspire Challenge.

Neets B said...

Another great stamped combo, love this Kathy.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More