Friday, 4 December 2015

Welcome to the first Friday in December - is it just me counting down?

Morning all

Well there I was, hoisted by my own petard!!! Put my dex up so blimmin' early ....




Thought we'd go more minimalist and not use our usual 6' tree, which obscured the TV anyway. Once finished it looked nice and I was pleased with it but ......there was just something missing. Maybe it was presence (no NOT PRESENTS!). I started wrapping and adding presents to the tree, thinking it would be fine - but, of course, they didn't all FIT under the tree .... One of the surrogates came to call and she said "Where's your tree?", we directed her at the newly decorated tree ..... "Oh, it's nice but it's just NOT so Christmas-y". Hmmmmmmm, perhaps she was right, it was a little TOO minimalist for us. How to solve the issue with the TV though .... a quick Google revealed that (previously unknown to us) you CAN get a flat backed tree, for just such problems as ours - well, that was it, we HAD to have one! So off Mr Purple Princess went, in search of said flat backed tree .... and, of course, the minute it came home I simply HAD to put it up, after all, I had enough lights and baubles spare ...





Ha, you think I took down the other tree? WRONG! It's still there so, we are now the COMPLETE opposite of minimalist because we now have TWO trees in our lounge instead of just the one. At least the presents kind of fit under the two tree/s!


Whaddya think - OTT or NOT?

And ... at night ......


In case you are wondering ... my mojo is still totally AWOL, I've not been near the Table of Craftiness since Sunday ... second week on the trot .... I'm starting to think I must be coming down with something! - but let's hope not! 

I went to a new craft club last evening, in the hope of kick starting said mojo but, in two hours, all I managed was to colour four images! YIKES

Because of the missing mojo I THOUGHT about not posting today but, I've a pal who's a bit down and was looking forward to the Friday Funny, mate I REALLY hope you enjoy today's and here it is ..... the Friday Funny which, this week, comes to you courtesy of Lilian  - ENJOY!



That'll be me soon!
And I saw this on facebook - doncha love it?!?!??




Have a great weekend ..... I HOPE to see you all tomorrow with my Saturday challenges but it's not looking promising right now - wish me luck

8 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

ROFL - So glad you decided to go with the Friday Funny after all. It made me laugh out loud. Thanks to Lilian for sharing that golden nugget with us :oD

Two trees!? OH the LUXURY! I think they look great. I expect Mr Mojo is out doing his Christmas shopping. He'll be back in time for tomorrow's challenges, just you wait and see.

HAve a good weekend matey. Lx

lilian said...

great pictures Kathy, You are really getting ready for Christmas,


lilian

Debs M said...

Love the trees and the ff is great! x

Viv said...

He he those Friday funnies always give me a laugh...thank you! Oooh I just love both Xmas trees, yes keep both!!!! who knew you get them with flat backs too...ingenious ;) Viv xx

Viv said...

Oops mean't to add, sorry your mojo has gone missing....mine does that often!!! just keep playing and it will come back ;) hugs Viv xx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Well, whoda thought . . . a flat back tree! What an amazing idea! Your Friday Funnies are hilarious . . I'll remember the first if I'm ever caught for speeding! Have a great evening and thanks for making me laugh! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

scrappyjacky said...

Love the christmas trees....christmas definately shouldn't be minimalist!!!! I'd never heard of flat trees either....a good idea though.

Loll said...

Flat back tree is so clever. Looks like you had fun decorating. Love them both ... one is good, two is better, right??!! :) Thanks for the funnies ... always good to have a laugh. Enjoy your weekend. xx