It's funny how things work out isn't it? I headed to my ToC (Table of Craftiness) yesterday with a view to starting some form of mixed media project, secure in the knowledge I SOOOO did NOT need to make a Christmas card ...... but what happened next turned out to be something completely different! only another bloomin' Christmas card - DOH!!! At this rate I'll have 2016 sewn up before we even get there!
|And a closer view of the image panel|
|And the inside and envelope|
- 5" x 7" white, 300gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
- Snippets of white card and black card
- Dylusions Christmas tree image stamped on to the smallest white snippet and again on to another snippet, using Ranger Archival watering can ink, which was then cut out to act as a mask.
- Alcohol inks used to colour tree, including pastel yellow for the tree background, before covering with mask
- Distress Ink in fossilised amber applied through a Tim Holtz mask ..... and the same treatment again on another white snippet which was then used for matting and layering
- Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied to the water based inks - to seal and protect.
- The image panel was then matted on to black and then again (using Dimensional foam tape) to the fossilised amber panel
- Once in place on my card I then inked the Dylusions sentiment (from the same set as the tree) using Memento tuxedo black ink
- I then used Wink of stella and gel glitter pens to colour the holly and berries and to add twinkle to the sentiment
- Crystal and platinum stickles and glossy accents were added to the tree baubles to add further texture and interest
|The Dylusions stamp set (with stencil) I used|
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:
- Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 207 - SNIPPETS CHALLENGE
- 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - December challenge - PICK A PREVIOUS CHALLENGE FROM 2015 .. I went with combo #39 from May 2015 which was pastel pink, yellow and green!
- Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Extra - December challenge - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
- CASology - challenge No. 176 - TREE
- The Craft Barn - 13th December challenge - TREE