Friday, 18 December 2015

Welcome to the start of another festive weekend

Morning all

Christmas is coming and all that .... yesterday I was out with a pal, for coffee, at the local coffee shop. It was nice to catch up for a couple of hours, shan't see her now until after Christmas so we exchanged cards and presents too.

I've made all my Christmas cards (and sent them) so .... what to make? I know, a thank you card - gonna need a few of those after Christmas!!!



My card
A closer view of my image
My insert and envelope
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square white card panels
  • 14cm square black card panels
  • Visible Image INKognito flower stem stamped twice using Hero Arts neon pink ink
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped multiple times using Hero Arts neon orange ink
  • Stamplorations "stained circle" image stamped multiple times using Hero Arts neon green and blue inks
  • Stamplorations sentiment builder sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafty Gals Corner - challenge No. 50 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Mod Squad Challenge - December 16th challenge - ANYTHING BUT CHRISTMAS
  3. The Paper Shelter - Christmas break challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Penny's Challenges - December 16th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Through The Craft Room Door - December 15th challenge - ALWAYS ANYTHING GOES

If you read my post earlier in the week, asking for opinions regarding paper trimmers vs guillotines ..... you'll be pleased to note that I made a decision and ordered a guillotine, from Amazon and it arrived the following day, so I had to crack the seal and start using it. The FIRST thing I noticed was that it would cut 3, 4 even 5 sheets of card whereas my paper trimmer would struggle with 3 - BONUS!!! I also found it pretty easy to use once I got used to the idea of having to hold the paper down whilst guillotining, but that's not difficult. I was able to quickly cut 12 x 13½cm white card squares and then 10 each of 14cm card square in black and kraft - so I was all set to craft with pre cut image panels and matting layers - YAY! I think I'm going to like it!


Here's the guillotine I bought

And now for the seasonal Friday Funny - courtesy of Marsha - ENJOY

Here's a heads up for the Holiday Season

With the Holidays upon us, I would like to share a personal experience with my friends about drinking and driving.

As you may know, some of us have been known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time on the way home after a "social session" out with friends.

Well, two days ago I was out for an evening with friends and had several cocktails followed by some rather nice red wine. Feeling jolly I still had the sense to know that I may be slightly over the limit.

That's when I did something that I've never done before - I took a cab home.

Sure enough on the way home there was a police road block, but since it was a cab they waved it past.  I arrived home safely without incident.

This was a real surprise as I had never driven a cab before, I don't know where I got it and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with  it!.

Have a great weekend and celebrate RESPONSIBLY!





8 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Great minds Kathy, I have started on my thank you cards too! Hubby thinks I am being optimistic (but I call it being prepared). Love your make, those ink splats are just so adaptable. Great colours. Thanks for sharing another crafting year and lots of fun with us hun, have yourself a Merry Little Christmas! Hugs xx

SARN said...

Hee hee . . . chuckled at the FF!

GREAT Thanku card . . . nice & bright & cheerful x

Glad u like yr new chopper! X

lilian said...

Great thank you card Mate,

Love the F F

Lilian

Barb said...

Love the Friday Funny Kathy. Well done getting ahead with that super Thank You card. Barbxx

Jennifer Bradley said...

Great design on your thank you card. Thanks for sharing with us in our challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty and good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member x

Judy Woodland said...

Oh, I LOVE this card. The bright colors, the splashy background and the white. Beautiful thank you card, and yes, we shall need some of those!! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad

Mary Smith said...

Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Best Regards, Mary

TTCRD DT
Thyme To Create {My Blog}

Rae Ann said...

Love the bright colors and the inky, grungy look of this card. The black mat makes all of the other colors jump right off the card. I have had the guillotine trimmer you bought for ages now and I love it! I have never had a problem cutting with it. I hope you enjoy it!

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Anything Goes challenge.