Sunday, 10 January 2016

Another soggy Sunday strikes!

Morning all 

Another wash out of a weekend, weather wise, it seems we've hardly had a day without rain since we returned from vacation in mid November, what IS that all about?!?! I DO hope that the misery in various parts of the country (due to the excessive volume of rain) will be coming to an end soon. Let them DARE think about a hosepipe ban this summer!

If you stopped by my blog yesterday you will have read that I had mislaid a clear stamp .. only spotted when I FINALLY went to clear up the mess that is my work desk, where COULD it have been? Well, I knew it couldn't have gone far so I didn't let it ruin my crafting session, I made my card and hit the shower ... there I was all soaped up (I know WTMI!!!!) and it hit me in a flash (not literally you understand - that would be WAY too scary!) that I had been using said snowflake border with flitter glue so ... it then became obvious that it had made it to the kitchen where I used washing up liquid and an old toothbrush to get the flitter glue out of its important little places before I left it on a piece of paper towel to dry ... and yes, once I was dry enough to dress and go check that was EXACTLY where I found it. In less time than it has taken to read this ... I popped it back on to the sheet with the rest of the set and returned the pack safely to its drawer, to live to stamp another day!

I was "speaking electronically" with a pal yesterday about gilding flakes and the benefits of their use with DST and whaddya know? The next card that came away from my desk featured both ... and not a lot else!

My card
And the gilding flakes in close up
And the inside and envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2 300gsm card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Snippet of white card cut to 9½ x 13cm (leftover from a shoe box project ...... but more of that in April!!!)
  • Stix2 double sided tape - two strips
  • Anita's wood mounted sentiment (recently rediscovered in the drawer) stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Copic marker to colour two strips
  • Silver gilding flakes applied to tape, pressed down and then removed/buffed using an IndigoBlu scoochie ... since I'm working with the leftover dregs here ... are these snippets too?!?!?
  • Dimensional foam tape to adhere image panel to card blank

I'll be entering this make for the following challenges:-
  1. Just us girls - challenge No. 325 - METAL/METALLICS
  2. Seize the Birthday - December 31st challenge - ANYTHING (Birthday) GOES
  3. Stampin' Royalty - challenge No. 311 - BIRTHDAYS
  4. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 210 - SNIPPETS CHALLENGE

One thing I HAD forgotten about gilding flakes is that, as you return smaller and smaller flakes back to the pot, the static zap when you take them out has them spreading over a larger and larger areas - thank heavens for the Dyson hand held!!!, without which my craft area (aka THE LOUNGE) would be a silver wonderland this morning!!!

Happy Sunday

12 comments:

Debs M said...

Card looks great - I always forget about the gilding flakes, I suppose they would work on mixed media too x

Kathyk said...

Hell, yeah!! Go on ... give it a go, add a little shine mate! If you have flitter glue, stamp with it!

Kathyk

lilian said...

Great card Kathy, Love the strips.

Lilian

My Crafty Place - Sharyn Polesel said...

I love you CAS and beautiful card! I've never used gilding flakes....something else I need to try. Thanks so much for joining us at Just Us Girls!

SARN said...

Oh yes! The flakes look great on your lovely CAS card. COOL! xxx

Barb said...

A great card Kathy. I haven't used gilding fakes for ages. Glad you found your stamp. Still looking for my hello. Barbx

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love your clean design and colors. Those gilding flakes look amazing on this, I have never used them and now you are making me want to get some! Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Di said...

Oh Kathy - I totally LOVE this and such a great idea to use gilding flakes with DST. I'm gonna give that one a whirl ASAP! Always something to learn in the Playground for sure!

Hugs

Di xx

Darnell J Knauss said...

This card is a shimmery delight, Kathy! I'll bet it's really fantastic in person and, of course, I love how CAS it is! I'm glad you had the lightbulb moment in the shower about your lost stamp and found it. Why is it that we have revelations when water is pounding down on our heads?! And, more importantly, when we reach an impasse in our creativity, why don't we jump in the shower?!! I hope your rains stop there and they come on over here soon for everyone's sake!! Hugs, Darnell

Nancy said...

Love your CAS card along with the shimmer! Thanks for sharing your talents with us over at Seize the Birthday and Just Us Girls we sure appreciate it!

JoAnn said...

Pretty card. I have gilding flakes but have never used them. I must get them out and give it a try. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your metal stripes look awesome~ great font on the hb too - Thanks for joining in at JUGS!