Saturday, 30 January 2016

Happy Saturday

Hello readers, 

How's your weekend coming along? 

We've had another couple of wet and wild days when there's been little point in going out unless we've had to .. end result? More crafting!! Mind you, the photographing of said crafting's proven a little tricky as the light has been AWFUL!!!! My project immediately below is lovely and twinkly IRL but it's been hard to capture! I have a little gentle water colour project to share with you - makes quite a change from the loud colours and distressing of my mirror from yesterday ... don't THINK I did it deliberately to prove that I'm not just a one trick pony but .....

My card
And a closer view to show the sheen
My Insert and envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 9 x 13.5cm white card panel
  • 9.2 x 13.7cm navy card panel (Newbury show stash)
  • Katzelkraft cat image (from "Les Chats Russes" set) stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Twinkling H2O's applied water colour style:- mystic blue, golden sand, sandollar, gold dust, English lavender, forest and mustard greens
  • Tsukineko Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen to add twinkle to the whiskers
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
I thought afterwards .... how about adding a miaow?, since the cat appears to be yawning/singing or similar .... which do you prefer? I used a dollar stamp for the balloon (Studiog I think) and Michaels alphabet peg stamps, from their dollar bin - which is their now $1.50 bin) using Ranger Archival cobalt and jet black inks on to white card which I then cut round .. I may (or may not) use the miaow "speech bubble" depending on popular opinion!




I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-

And now on to my LIM entry.... I've left a sentiment off as I think it might fit numerous occasions, will stamp a sentiment once I decide what it will eventually be!


My card
And a closer view to show the twinkle of the Wink of Stella
And the insert and envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two white card panels cut to 9 x 13cm
  • Two orange card panels cut to 9.4 x 13.4cm
  • Two navy card panels cut to 9.8 x 13.8cm
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle "Mon amis umbrella" stamped using Memento Paris dusk ink
  • Pro Markers: antique pink, tulip yellow, gold and pumpkin along with Copic skin white used to colour
  • Tsukineko Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen used to add twinkle

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 261 - LUCKY DIP ... DOWN UNDER - I have nothing OZ related but instead went with under my umbrella! Let's hope my fellow LIM-ettes will allow it!
  2. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 101 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Simply Papercraft - challenge No. 22 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Southern Girls - challenge January 21st - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Crazy4challenges - challenge No. C4C321 - DOWN UNDER
I promise to have a good long think about the LIM project and maybe a second entry!

And now for the further progress of my mirror ....


Here it is ... mirror's back in - FINISHED!
This was the point I decided it was finished ... just need to reattach the mirror now
Materials used:-
  • IKEA Malma mirror (£1.50 - such GREAT value), I removed the mirrored part for the project
  • Liberal coat of gesso
  • Various ephemera:- buttons, tiny beads, micro beads, tiny stars, two bookmark style clips, two guitar brads and a star (with the "legs" chopped off), broad mesh and velvet chevron ribbons .... placed on the mirror and photographed (for ease of re-placement), adhered with Ranger multi medium gel and a paintbrush
  • Pebeo Studio iridescent yellow/green acrylic paint (two coats)
  • Deco Art metallic purple paint applied with a brush and allowed to "almost" dry before knocking back using a damp baby wipe ..... this was just a little too bright so ... repeated the process using black acrylic paint
  • Talc dusted over the "open" space before stamping my Visible Image (bottom) and Kaisercraft (top) sentiments using Versamark ink and then Cosmic shimmer Viola black aurora embossing powder poured over, excess returned to pot and then heat embossed. Both stamped images are NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff - thanks Darnell!) so double huzzah!
  • Liquitex BASICS gloss gel medium mixed with black and white brusho's and then applied randomly through a TCW (lines) and Ranger (grungy circles) stencil using a metal spatula
  • Treasure gold in Amethyst applied around the outer edges using a finger
  • Faber Castell glass bead glitter gel rubbed over "high" points with a finger
  • Finally, using an electrically powered glue gun I re-attached the mirror panel in to my IKEA mirror frame ... hours of fun for little cost and uses up loads of stuff we all have lying around like buttons, beads, paper clips, ribbon and the like!
I'll be entering this for the following challenge:-
  1. Welove2create - challenge No. 2 - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES
  2. Altered Eclectics - December/January challenge - ANYTHING ALTERED GOES (no cards or ATC's
  3. Artistic Stamper - January challenge - ANYTHING GOES
Can't remember the way it all started? Take on plain white IKEA Malma mirror and then ......

 
Pic1-embellished and gesso'd    Pic2-with the lime paint (two coats)
  
Pic3- metallic purple, almost dry! Pic4-with the purple knocked back


23 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Great take on your LIM challenge. Knew you'd get there in the end with the mirror. That VI Sentiment is PERFECT for a mirror isn't it. Top job! Love the cute pusscat card. So frustrating that sparkle is so difficult to catch on camera. I bet it looks even more fabulous IRL.

Lx

Zoe Sanderson said...

Fantastic projects here today. It was you LIM project that brought me over as I have the stamp and am intrigued to see how you used it. I love the idea under the umbrella as well. Your frames are gorgeous I love love love all the texture and delicious colour choices. XOXO

Squirrel x said...

Fabulous Kathy, the kitty card really made me giggle, I can almost hear the yowls! Thanks for the introduction to KatzelKraft, I placed an order with them this week xx

Linby said...

You are quick off the mark, struggling so came for inspiration! Love the cat without the miaow but looks good with too. I have the stamp you used for LIM - you've coloured it beautifully.

Debs M said...

Love both the cat cards and the stamp card for Lim is fabby! Wohoo so glad you can still see both colours on the mirror - it looks great! Loving the quote too!

Cross Stitch Claire said...

Love your cat card, very cute! Thanks for sharing it at Craft Rocket, Claire DT x

ike said...

I love the kitty card both with and without the 'meouw' so I am easy :-) The umbrella card is super. What lovely colours and your mirror is coming on awesome !!! What a fabulous project :-)
Thank you for purring along to SUYP Cats Challenges :-D

IKE xx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Stampsnob. said...

All the cards are lovely but I love the cat singing his little heart out to wish a happy B-DAY .TFS Craft Rocket Challenges Lis Dt

lilian said...

great card with the cat on mate, Loving the umbrella stamp. cool mirror,

Lilian

Jenny L said...

Hi Kathy,
what brilliant creations.
Your mixed media looks so luxurious, and the colours are amazing.
Great idea the meow in a speech bubble.
Hope you are having a good weekend.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

My name is Wynneth said...

Your mirror is a triumph matey, love, love, love those colours and all that's going on within the design, that sentiment is so very perfect for a mirror isn't it.

Also love your LIM entry, that's such a fabby stamp, I really must use it more myself. Great take on this weeks down under theme.

Your cute kitty card is great - not sure about adding the meow, it would depend on whether I would send it as a fun card or to a more sophisti-CAT-ed recipient as to whether I'd add it LOL

Trying very hard to get myself back into blogging as I've been so bad lately ;0(

Have a great day

Luv
Wynneth
X

Lady Ann Mulroy said...

I soooo love your umbrella stamp.
Brilliant card Kathy.

serendipity said...

Wow, your mirror is frabjous, and I love the sentiments on it. Also loving the moggie cards. Great stamps and I love the card with/without miaow.
Your take on down under is so clever, and love the colours.
Like how you do envelopes and inserts too, I never get round to those
Fab collection

Gerrina said...

Your cat-card looks great with and without the mieuw! The Limcard has such an original image and super colours!
Fun to do some homedeco; your mirrow looks finished and great! Have a colourfull week!

SARN said...

Brilliant advice to WAKE UP AND BE AWESOME . .. all I can say is . . . I'll TRY!!!! LOL!

SO much to see in this post Kathy. The mirror is looking great. The cat card . .. keep changing my mind I liked the first version, then liked the speech bubble addition, then decided against it again. I remain undecided and think it will work whichever way you decide to go!

Really interesting image on your LIM card. FAB

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sharon said...

Brilliant set of cards Kathy. Adore that umbrella stamp!
Well, your mirror looks amazing. So glad you kept going. That sentiment on the bottom is perfect.
Sharon xx

Creations by Shirl said...

Aw that kitty made me smile! Thanks for sharing it with Craft Rocket Challenge~

LesleyG said...

oh dear your kitty has started me yawning lol, but how fab is your mirror.....awesome! xxx

Jan Ltc said...

Great makes once again xx Jan

Anne said...

Fun take on Down Under Kathy - and I LOVE your new kitty stamps!
Thank you for joining us
Anne
"Less is More"

Chrissie said...

Great take on the LIM challenge Kathy!
It looks as though you have been as industrious as ever
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Another superb take on down under Kathy and well done on being first in this week. You certainly take some beating. thanks so much for playing along this week!
Sarah xx
Less is More

Neets B said...

Loving that cat stamp, Kathy. And a beautiful image for the down under challenge, love the colours you chose to use here.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More