Sunday, 3 January 2016

It's another lazy Sunday ....

Morning

Mind you, every day's gonna be a lazy one till I lose some of that blimmin' Christmas weight .... wish me luck!

For yesterdays challenge card I was required to use "neutrals" but had to cheat and use Galaxy Gold (Brilliance ink) for one of my neutrals. I have always been pleased with Brilliance inks but have to say that (unless heat embossed with gold embossing powder) I don't really find G.G. particularly GOLD!!!  My old gold pad dried up and I thought I would switch to Brilliance .. however, now I can't even remember what the old one was. I'm going to try (thanks to some beautiful results from Loll, using this stamp pad) another Tsukineko brand .... Delicata golden glitz. It's not cheap and the cheapest way to buy it appeared to be on eBay from the U.S. so, not expecting it until 14th - 22nd January! I'm hoping for sooner rather than later though! New Year resolution - OPTIMISM is now my middle name!

And on the resolution front, I've decided I'm going to head out and about more and visit a few more of my not quite so local blogging/crafting buddies too .... so, if we've met before then you should probably start checking your diaries!

On to some crafting ... I try to enter Di's weekly challenge over at Pixie's Crafty Workshop, because she encourages us to use up some of those pesky snippets which have a nasty habit of accumulating!!! This make uses snippets of 300gsm card (OK so it's half of an A4 but ....) as well as snippets of white and Kraft card - Boo Yah!



My snippet card
You MAY be able to see the wink of stella sparkle
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 300gsm, card blank
  • Snippets of Kraft and white card
  • On the white snippet I applied Distress Inks: antique linen, tea dye and ground espresso (just around the outer edge
  • La Blanche image stamped using Memento rich cocoa ink
  • Paper Artsy splatter image smooshed in water and then stamped around the edge, allowed to develop and then blotted with paper towel
  • Inkadinkado sentiment stamped on to the card blank using Memento rich cocoa ink
  • Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen used to bling up the sentiment

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 210 - SNIPPETS CHALLENGE
  2. Sweet Stamps - January Challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Avenue 613 - challenge No. 157 - ANYTHING GOES, with optional twist of CAS
  4. Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - challenge No. 25 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. That Craft Place - Jan 3rd challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  6. Cupcake Inspirations - challenge No. 341 - Elegance ... I used the neutral shades suggested in the photo and an elegant image (IMHO)

A New Year is usually a time to reflect and many of us make resolutions - hell, some of us even keep them!!! One really SHOULD be grateful for what one has and NOT what one would WISH FOR ..... I recently saw this and thought I would re post it, tongue in cheek - ENJOY!



27 comments:

Debs M said...

Great card and I love that comment! x

catherine said...

Great card kathy and ooh so true with that saying !!!
x catherine

SARN said...

Another FAB neutral card Kathy.

My diary is ready and waiting!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

LOVE this Kathy! It's a real beauty of a card.

Hugs

Di xx

Laurie Unger said...

Wonderful card - I really like that sentiment.

Deborah Frings said...

I do like this elegant lady and the lovely congrats sentiment. Super neutrals too. Thanks so much for playing along with our Elegance theme at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

Karren said...

Fabulous card! I absolutely love that sentiment - so cool!

Viv said...

Happy New Year Kathy! gorgeous card here again, love the pretty stamping and neutrals too ;) Viv xx

Dawn Lancaster said...

Gorgeous CAS design! Love it to bits!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Tamie said...

Happy New Years. What an amazing creation you have made...Love it! Very inspiring. Thank you for sharing your master piece with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge #25.

Tamie DT

cheryl said...

Super stylish card hun adore your style,just wanted to wish you a very happy new year hope 2016
is amazing for you sweetie hugs Cheryl xxx

Hetty said...

Happy New Year. What a lovely card.

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

scrappymo! said...

HI kathy
Great snippets card. I love Di's challenge too...great way to use up snippets.

Could you email me at Scrappymo1@gmail.com as I have the Guest designer info post written and need your email...Thanks Maureen

Chana Harris said...

You did a fabulous job! Really like this design! Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

lilian said...

Great card mate,

Love those stamps,

Lilian

Barb said...

A super card Kathy what a lovely face she has. Wishing you and hubster a very happy new year and for you lots of crafty fun. Barbxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

How on earth did I miss this fabulous card? Well done matey. Lx

Joyce said...

Your card is elegant and beautiful and I just love your quote of the day. It is so very true.

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Kathy, this is so pretty - love the image! Thanks so much for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Kathy, your card is lovely - I like the neutral theme and great use of snippets, even the largish one :) I have an Ink It Up gold ink pad which is disappointing too. Have a great week. Elizabeth x #59

Sandie Gough said...

Such a gorgeous make, I just love that image x
Your blog was a real treat to visit today :D
We hope to see you next time at http://thatcraftplaceblog.blogspot.co.uk/
Sandie (That Craft Place Designer, proud DT)
http://fairytaledaydream.blogspot.com/

Tanja said...

love the puristic design - thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations

cm said...

How engaging your post, and how wonderfully elegant your card! I have both the Brilliance inks (little ones in gold, silver, platinum and...some other colour) and the Delicata Gold. The latter is my preference, but I agree: pricey (unless one lives in the US, I suppose). Glad you found one! Thank you for sharing your lovely card at Cupcake Inspirations!
~c

Deborah Owens said...

What a pretty card! So glad you were inspired by our Elegance Cupcake Inspirations Challenge and hope you will share more of your creative skills in future challenges!
Debbie, DT Sweetie

Jo Ann said...

What a great card. Thanks for joining last week's Challenge at 613 Avenue Create. We would like to invite you to the ongoing Challenge this week with a chance to win fabulous prizes. Have a blessed day!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Kelly Schelske said...

What a fantastic card featuring neutrals, great work!

Thank you for playing along with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends!

Hugs,
Kelly