For yesterdays challenge card I was required to use "neutrals" but had to cheat and use Galaxy Gold (Brilliance ink) for one of my neutrals. I have always been pleased with Brilliance inks but have to say that (unless heat embossed with gold embossing powder) I don't really find G.G. particularly GOLD!!! My old gold pad dried up and I thought I would switch to Brilliance .. however, now I can't even remember what the old one was. I'm going to try (thanks to some beautiful results from Loll, using this stamp pad) another Tsukineko brand .... Delicata golden glitz. It's not cheap and the cheapest way to buy it appeared to be on eBay from the U.S. so, not expecting it until 14th - 22nd January! I'm hoping for sooner rather than later though! New Year resolution - OPTIMISM is now my middle name!
And on the resolution front, I've decided I'm going to head out and about more and visit a few more of my not quite so local blogging/crafting buddies too .... so, if we've met before then you should probably start checking your diaries!
On to some crafting ... I try to enter Di's weekly challenge over at Pixie's Crafty Workshop, because she encourages us to use up some of those pesky snippets which have a nasty habit of accumulating!!! This make uses snippets of 300gsm card (OK so it's half of an A4 but ....) as well as snippets of white and Kraft card - Boo Yah!
|My snippet card|
|You MAY be able to see the wink of stella sparkle|
- White C6/A2, 300gsm, card blank
- Snippets of Kraft and white card
- On the white snippet I applied Distress Inks: antique linen, tea dye and ground espresso (just around the outer edge
- La Blanche image stamped using Memento rich cocoa ink
- Paper Artsy splatter image smooshed in water and then stamped around the edge, allowed to develop and then blotted with paper towel
- Inkadinkado sentiment stamped on to the card blank using Memento rich cocoa ink
- Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen used to bling up the sentiment
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
- Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 210 - SNIPPETS CHALLENGE
- Sweet Stamps - January Challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- Avenue 613 - challenge No. 157 - ANYTHING GOES, with optional twist of CAS
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - challenge No. 25 - ANYTHING GOES
- That Craft Place - Jan 3rd challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- Cupcake Inspirations - challenge No. 341 - Elegance ... I used the neutral shades suggested in the photo and an elegant image (IMHO)
A New Year is usually a time to reflect and many of us make resolutions - hell, some of us even keep them!!! One really SHOULD be grateful for what one has and NOT what one would WISH FOR ..... I recently saw this and thought I would re post it, tongue in cheek - ENJOY!