Friday, 22 January 2016

It's the weekend .. so it MUST be time for the Friday Funny!

Morning

Well, my aunt finally got her knee replacement surgery earlier in the week and, frankly, it's been a funny old week - what with my cousin staying with us, visiting my aunt, catching up with UNC and another rellie, letting people know about the op etc. And, because we've not known when she would be discharged it has meant our plans have had to remain fairly fluid which has upset my inner obsessive!

However, I still made time to craft in amongst everything that's been going on ...


My card .... I have't quite made up my mind whether this is
a wedding anniversary card or a valentine card .. YET!
And a closer view of the stickles although the Wink of Stella doesn't really show
It really IS more twinkly IRL!
And the insert and envelope
Materials used:-
  • C6/A2 white, 300gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 9½ x 13cm white card panel .... x2
  • Orange card cut to mat at 1/16" using a craft knife and my perfect layering ruler
  • Hero Arts scribble heart stamped using Memento tangelo and rosebud inks
  • Fiskars scribble sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen used to highlight the hearts
  • Crystal stickles to trace the scribble sentiment

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. A Bit More Time To Craft - challenge No. 12 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Artistic Stamper - January challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Create and Inspire - challenge No. 37 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Whimsy Stamps - challenge No. 90 - WITH LOVE

I also found out that one of my cards was picked as a Design Team Favourite over at Create and Inspire - thanks peeps, I'm thrilled ..... here's the badge and the card they picked.


 


And now for the Friday Funny, brought to you this week by last year's winner, LILIAN



Have a great weekend

6 comments:

Debs M said...

great card and fab ff x

lilian said...

Great card Mate.

its really eye catching

Lilian

SARN said...

Love the FF! Already true for me!

Great loveheart card suitable for either of the purposes you mention.

Congrats on being pick of the week too.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Viv said...

Super card Kathy, glad your Aunt has her new knee and fab Friday funny too he he ;) Viv xx

Barb said...

Your card is lovely Kathy and I think it would suit both occasions really well. Love your Friday funny. A funny thing here - when I look in the mirror I'm always shocked to see a fat old lady looking back at me ugh!

I hope your aunt makes good progress after her op. Barbxx

Inky Kitty said...

Such a lovely card, thank you for joining in this months challenge at The Artistic Stamper.