Sunday, 24 January 2016

Lazy Sunday

Morning readers,

I was AWOL most of yesterday as I was attending the Newbury Papercraft Show in (surprise, surprise) Newbury! It was a glorified excuse to meet up with a crafting pal I didn't get to see much of in 2015 and therefore well worth the journey and entry fee! The lovely ladies who have organised the show are new to this venture and it was a shame to see just nine stands in the hall, it made for a quick circuit though ... we had to go round three times, just to be sure we hadn't missed anything!. I wish the organisers much luck and hope they get a much better turnout for subsequent shows. In addition to meeting up with Lauren, her pal Heather was there too (as she lives just a few minutes away) and it was back to hers for coffee and chat once we'd done too. Here are some pix - I didn't take my camera with me, thinking that I should use my new phone's camera instead - hmm, my technique needs a little practice but .... hope you will enjoy the virtual visit anyway


 

Acid Drops and Wotnots!
 
To those of you who know Lauren personally you will know that ONE photo of her with her eyes OPEN is remarkable, let alone TWO!

 
Here's my stash, additionally I bought some bulk packs of card blanks and card sheets (in: gold, navy and raspberry) which I haven't shown as they look kind of dull in picture form! Lauren also visited her fave craft store in the days before our meet and personally collected my order ....


I now have Les Pingouins grumpy!!!!!!
In the interests of improving my technique I used my phone to take these photos and, guess what? STILL need to work on that technique! My camera itself has a built in "stabiliser" which I suppose I have come to rely upon - check out my make this morning ...


My card
And a closer view which I HAD hoped might show the Wink of Stella but the light's so grotty!
 
Left: rear of card and envelope.      Right: Front of envelope and inside of card


Snippets
Materials used:
  • 12cm square white, 300gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 11cm and 10cm square white card panels
  • Snippets of card in white and blue (as per pic above)
  • 12.6cm blue card panel, for matting
  • Rubbernecker "floral 497-11" image stamped using Ranger Archival in cobalt blue
  • Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen used to trace thistle and add a subtle twinkle
  • CASual Fridays sentiment (from their quirky WTF set) stamped using Memento grey flannel ink

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 260 - THEME .... use a SILHOUETTE (2nd entry)
  2. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 213 - USE SNIPPETS
  3. MFP Stamp Shop (previously Speedy Fox) - challenge No. 4 - CAS and BLUE (you may also use black, white and one other colour ....... I used white and grey) - disallowed, not quite blue enough!
  4. Seize the Birthday - January 14th challenge - CAS (Clean And Simple) Birthday

I'm going away to practice using my phone to take pix now! ...... Have a great Sunday

21 comments:

SARN said...

Lots of lovely new craft supplied there Kathy.

Pretty thistle stamped card and envelope too.

Happy Sunday!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sharon said...

Another gorgeous make Kathy. Love that spiky thistle stamp.
Glad you had time to catch up with your friend and what a shame there were only 9 stands. ( still did okay on the purchasing front though, I see, eh? :-)
Sharon xx

Debs M said...

Glad you bought a few tings! Loving those penguins and fabby card x

My Crafty Place - Sharyn Polesel said...

Looks like you had a great time at the papercrafting show! Beautiful CAS card! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

baileyrosy.com said...

Gorgeous card Kathy, the thistle stamp is perfect and I love the simplicity of it.

Marie

Pat said...

Thanks for sharing with MFP Stamps. Very Pretty card. The Challenge is a blue card however with blue being the main color.

Barb said...

First I love your card. That thistle is super. Glad you had a good day out. Although there were only nine stands you managed to get some real goodies. I love the Acid drop stamps although I don't have any yet and those grumpy penguins are fantastic. That's a lovely mask on top too. Look forward to seeing it all appear on finished stuff over time. Barbxx

Viv's Visuals said...

Got to get me them penguins! Love them.. describes me today too....LOL
Great silhouette card Kathy. x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Looks like you had a LOT of fun there - experiencing craft fair envy.....and I see some Katzelkraft goodies here ;) - have been eyeing those for a long time....my cat on my LIM card is not Katzelkraft - its by Technique Tuesday, but you can also buy it from Rubber Necker - they have really cheap shippping :)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Here is the link: http://www.rubbernecker.com/index.php/cats-set.html

Glittertastic said...

Great card Kathy - what a fab stamp!

Sharon
x

lilian said...

Great pictures mate, Glad you had a good day .

Love the stamps you have, That cards is really lovely and I just love love that stamp you have used,

Lilian

Lauren Hatwell said...

Ha! Ha! You can see I'm concentrating REALLY hard on NOT blinking :oD Made me chuckle, that. What a lot of lovely goodies you got Mrs. It was great to see you and Heather (and the lovely Biggles, of course). A really nice day. A bonus to go home with a few bargains too wasn't it.

Beautiful card too Mrs. Top job!

Lx

Christine said...

Another beauty Kathy!
Christine

Di said...

I totally love this stamp and the card you made Kathy! It's perfect!

I wondered how Newbury would be this time round - still not mobile enough to troll round although perhaps Mrs A went along. I do so hope it picks up for them - but in any case, you did pretty good it seems to me :)

Hugs

Di xx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Another fantastic silhouette card Kathy and thanks again for playing along this week. Sarah, Less is More

Stampsnob. said...

Prickly for sure Tfs for sharing mfp stampshop.com

Anne said...

Love that thistle Kathy and looks like some super stash - those cats look fab!
Thank you so much
Anne
"Less is More"

Lou said...

There nothing like a good craft show to get you going eh? Love the clean look and the beautiful silhouette. Lou x

Kren Kurts said...

Oh boy! I think we will be seeing those stencils in use soon! Great job on your card! TFS! kReN, MFPSS DT

Neets B said...

Love your new stash items and your phone pix looks fine to me. I take all my card photos with my phone camera! I only have a point and shoot camera and the colours never seem to be true, phone cameras are really great now!
Loving your thistle card, that's a really unusual stamp.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More