Wednesday, 6 January 2016

Morning and welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Morning,

There's been a bit of a "to do" in blogland of late, with many bloggers losing followers .... I myself lost six, though I understand some lost loads more. It took a few days for the reason to become clear. The lost followers were accessing these blogs via the likes of Twitter, Yahoo, Orkid or OpenID. 

Apparently, from January 11th viewing blogs this way will no longer be possible, there's a better explanation here, should you feel the urge to find out more. I tried to save a screen print and post here but it wasn't readable, so, the above link was the only way around it!

They say .......

We encourage you to tell affected readers (perhaps via a blog post), that if they use a non-Google Account to follow your blog, they need to sign up for a Google Account, and re-follow your blog. With a Google Account, they’ll get blogs added to their Reading List, making it easier for them to see the latest posts and activity of the blogs they follow.

So, I hope that all my followers, including the six "lost" ones will still be with me after the 11th and THANK YOU in advance.

Managed a little light crafting late yesterday afternoon .... I don't use top folding cards often but I LIKE them ... I also don't usually use this small size but, again, I LIKE the format - and it works GREAT with a whole bunch of snippets! and that is always good.


My card
And a closer view to (hopefully) show you the twinkle
of the wink of stella
 
The insert and envelope

Materials used:-
  • White C6/A2 300gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Snippets of white card and a piece of grey card cut to mat the image panel
  • Stamplorations feathers and Kaisercraft sentiment, both stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Stamplorations "swipe" and Precious Remembrance Shop sentiment stamped using Distress Ink in tumbled glass - a very neutral blue IMHO ... hoping the LIM-ettes agree
  • Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen used to apply twinkle to the feathers and circles

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 257 - NEUTRALS
  2. CASology - challenge No. 179 - SIMPLE
  3. Cardz4Guys - challenge No. 101 - ANYTHING BUT SQUARE
  4. Eureka Stamps - challenge No. 174 - BIRTHDAY CARD
  5. The Male Room - challenge No. 26 - ANYTHING GOES, so long as it's a masculine make, which I think this is

And now, since it IS What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday, here's a peek at my desk, which is actually way tidier than usual  .... I hope this doesn't mean I'm coming down with something!


Tidier than some weeks?!?!?!
I shared a sneaky peek at one of my drawers of stamps ... and here's another

Enjoy your Wednesday folks

20 comments:

SARN said...

Great looking feather card Kathy.

And I really like the look of that drawer full of stamps too!

Happy WOYWW - that desk is definitely tidier than usual. Well done mate!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

lilian said...

Love the card Mate. Another love of mine feathers. I have a few stamps and if i see feathers in a shop have to have them. Maybe its something to do with my love of owls,


Great W D and space as well

take care
lilian

Debs M said...

great card, love the feathers x

Deborah Frings said...

Lovely card - I really like the patterns in the feathers. Perfectly CAS. Thanks so much for playing along with our Anything Goes challenge at The Male Room!

catherine said...

Great card kathy and love the feather image. Thanks for the missing followers blog explanation. I myself lost some and was wondering !
x catherine

Barb said...

Hi Kathy, A super feather card. The stamp drawer looks enticing. Barbxx

Krisha said...

Hi there Kathy!
First off.....thank you for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment on my card.
I adore the card you made, and even got nosey around your blog.
I think we can be good friends, so I hit the follow button....*grin*

Loll said...

Your feathers are so delicate and beautiful. And I love the soft bits of blue. Your drawer full of stamps is awesome! xx

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz, good luck!!! Amy DT

Jane Willis said...

Gorgeous card - and I am totally in envy of that super-organised drawer of stamps!
Jane

Chrissie said...

Another pretty one Kathy, I love those feathers!
Thanks again
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Cazro said...

All your cards - non square- are wonderful, a great feather stamped, so delicate. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz Caz DT.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Another fabulous neutrals card Kathy and thanks so much for playing along this week!
Sarah xx
Less is More

hazelspaperdesigns said...

A lovely simple card using neutral colours! Beautiful Kathy! When I viewed it from the gallery, those feathers looked like angel wings! It was also nice to sneaky peak into your craft space too! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

Anne said...

Another fab card Kathy, I do like those feathers.
Thank you so much for joining us
Anne
"Less is More"

Neets B said...

Another great entry, Kathy. I love the designs on these feathers.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

crafty said...

Love the feathers. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps and hope we will see you again.
Mary

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the soft color palette and gorgeous feather image, Kathy! Thanks for joining us at the CASology challenge this week!

Dawn Lancaster said...

Such a lovely card Kathy! I can think of many uses for that design!
Thanks for paying at Eureka Stamps!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

karalschuknecht said...

Great birthday card. Thanks for joining us this week at Eureka Stamps. Karal DT