Saturday, 23 January 2016

Saturday and it's challenge day but ....

Morning all,

I wondered whether I would or wouldn't have a CAS make to share with you this morning as I'm away from my desk again this morning. I am heading off to Newbury Racecourse this morning, to meet up with a pal at the Newbury Paper Craft Show ..... for a decadent day of shopping .... OF THE CRAFT VARIETY - my favourite kind! That said, those who know me well would know that I probably WOULD have time so do stay with me to the bottom!!

I have SOME other crafting to share with you this morning and will add the LIM entry at the bottom of this post .... I had a pal come out to play yesterday .... I've had a pair of the FAB (and CHEAP) IKEA mirrors in my cupboard for a while - they make SUCH great Mixed Media projects and my pal was keen to try MM.

Take two ordinary Malma mirrors from IKEA at £1.50 each ....
Shove as much MM "schtuff" as you can think of, on to a table ....
And you have my dining room, ready for some MM action!!!
 
Oh, the benefit of hindsight, Sue's now wishing she'd put the gloves on BEFORE painting!!!!

Hmm, hope it will look better when it's finished
At this point we went out to dinner at a local hostelry and enjoyed a very pleasant evening, and a gammon steak too!

Came home and decided my project was dry enough to gesso ...




And here is my CAS creation today ..


My card
And a closer view of the silhouette
The back of the envelope and card
The front of the envelope and the insert
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 300gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two 9½ x 13cm white card panels
  • One 10 x 13½cm neon orange panel
  • Inkadinkado image (from their 98997 In the groove set) stamped using Versafine onyx black ink and on to a post it which I then cut out to use as a mask
  • Kaisercraft sentiment (from their mini set CS913 Birthday) stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using Hero Arts neon inks: pink, orange and green


I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 260 - RECIPE ... to use a SILHOUETTE
  2. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 101 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Simply Papercrafts for all occasions - challenge No. 21 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Southern Girls - January 21st challenge - TEAM LOU ... ANYTHING GOES

Have a great weekend

17 comments:

SARN said...

Looks like you both had a tonne of fun getting messy.
Love the look of the card you're showing today too.
HAPPY SHOPPING!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

Great card and the mirrors looking fab too! Hope you have a fabby time today x

Debs M said...

Great card and the mirrors looking fab too! Hope you have a fabby time today x

Chrissie said...

Looks like you've been having fun! Fab silhouette card too!
Have fun shopping!
As ever...thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

My name is Wynneth said...

morning matey, have an awesome day at Newbury, I sooooo.... wish I could be there with you, jealous ? you bet... it's been a while since I was last there sniff ;0(

looks like you had a ball yesterday with your pal, those IKEA mirrors are so great for MM projects, yours is looking fabby already, can't wait to see the completed version.

Love your LIM card, that's such a fabby VI stamp(which I don't have yet ! ). I followed the link from the LIM blog, trying to get myself motivated to craft I popped over there and was delighted to see your card was the first entry - well done matey - you must have been up at the crack of dawn ;0)

Hope you've had a great day.

love
wynneth x

Christine said...

Great card!!!
Christine

creativeseconds said...

Great card ~ I'm loving that splatter stamp! -K

Gerrina said...

Oeps, that is one silhouettestamp I really like; what a beautiful card! And a bussy day; but creating is always a fun way to go through the weekend... Have a colourfull and fun weekend!

scrappyjacky said...

Love how such a plain mirror can end up looking so classy.

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous card Kathy
Hugs Sylvie xx

catherine said...

Looks like you have been having a really fun time with those mirrors. Hope you had a lovely day at the craft show and treated yourself to some goodies
x catherine

Sharon said...

That looks so much fun. Bet you and Sue had a right old giggle.
Hope you picked up some great crafting goodies at the show too.
Love your card. That would be perfect for a teenager.
Sharon xx

Anne said...

Super dramatic silhouette Kathy.
Hope you had a super day at Newbury
Thank you so much
Anne
"Less is More"

Valerie Nolan said...

Fab silhouette Kathy loks great with the splats! Your mirror is beautiful too.
Val x

Joanne James said...

Looks like a fun evening of crafting Kathy! Love the coloured splats behind your guitarist - it really adds movement to your silhouette.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Looks like you've been having a fun time Kathy and Congrats on being first in with your LIM card this week. What a fabulous rock star image and a great silhouette card! Love it and thanks so much for playing along this week!
Sarah xx
Less is More

Neets B said...

A great silhouette, Kathy. And so much movement with the neon accents.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More