Saturday, 9 January 2016

Saturday and it's my usual challenge day .....

Hey there readers and followers, hope your weekend is starting well.

Mine, however, is not ... ever have one of those days? Mine, plainly, started badly ..... it'll teach me to put stuff away when I'm done using it. I used an Inkadinkado snowflake border recently which I hadn't put away ... came to my Table of Craftiness this morning and thought I would have a quick tidy. So ... I picked up the rest of the Inkadinkado set to put away and realised the snowflake border wasn't with it ..... my question is .. where the heck IS IT???? I've checked every acrylic block in the place and it's not on one of those. I strongly suspect the little perisher is clinging (for dear life) to the reverse of one of my other stamp sets used recently but I can't recall which and, trust me, I've checked all those I CAN remember using!

Oh well, it's not like it will have gone far and I was keen to crack on with my LIM project .. not like I have never "temporarily" lost a stamp before ... I spent months (on and off) looking for some magnetic sentiments only to find them firmly hanging on to .... the underside of a metal drawer!!! Hmm now WHY didn't I think of that one?!?!

Having managed to step away from the search for my errant stamp I decided to do something "with a flourish" and here it is .....

My card
And a closer view which (I HOPE) will show the sparkle of the wink of stella
And the inside and envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2 300gsm card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Inkadinkado "dot flourish" stamped using Versafine inks in onyx black and smokey grey
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped (inside) using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Precious Remembrance Shop sentiment stamped using Versafine smokey grey ink
  • Five small self adhesive purple gemstones dotted around the flourish and sentiment (whilst still keeping the finished project within 5mm for posting purposes!)
  • Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen used to trace over the flourish on the front and inside of the card - to give the required SPARKLE of the sentiment!!!

After I'd "finished" this make (with one flourish on the front) I took another look and decided the bottom right corner looked a little odd .. so, I inked up my flourish once more and connected to the first one, sadly, this resulted in a little over stamping of the "brackets" of the sentiment but, actually, I kind of like it especially as it goes right through the centre of said bracket. I only add this in case the purists amongst you set to thinking ... "if only she'd stamped that sentiment just a little higher" ....... when, really IMHO, it was perfectly placed per the original layout ... I just changed the plan!!!! I think I kind of evened it out too with the placement of one of my purple gems at the centre of the other bracket - I think it works and I hope you do too.

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 258 - OLC (One Layer Card) - FLOURISH
  2. Stamplorations - January CAS challenge - CAS (Clean And Simple) ANYTHING GOES but with an OPTIONAL twist of silver - which I didn't use although the glitter of the wink of Stella DOES look silver! Wonder if that counts!!!
  3. Southern Girls - 7th January challenge - ONE FOR THE GIRLS
  4. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 100 - ALWAYS ANYTHING GOES


Have a great weekend everyone, whatever you are up to ... for me, it's back to the search for my snowflake border. Wish me luck!

30 comments:

SARN said...

Aha . . . THERE you are! Wondered where you'd got to (not unlike the stamp you're searching for) . . . thought you must be feeling too ill to craft! How wrong can you be?

LOVING the flourishes with that sentiment. PERFECT x

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Kathyk said...

Thanks for your lovely comment Sarn, I normally post at 08:00 but am always a little later on Saturdays as there are several challenges I like to enter but which don't launch till 08:00.

Thank you for concern mate, I'm still feeling just SLIGHTLY under the weather rather than ILL though

Kathyk

Barb said...

Hi Kathy, Your card is lovely. I like that big swirl with added gems and the sentiment fits it perfectly. I hope you find it ok. I hate losing stuff and c,'t stop looking when I do. Recently lost a "Hello" stamp and a bee die that matches the bee stamp ugh! Barbxx



Pink Unicorn said...

I hope you find your stamp soon, typical crafters problem and happens all the time here as well. This morning I was looking for my die cutting plates, much bigger than a stamp and you would think easy to find! The buggers had hid in a drawer, no idea why I put them there. Your card is gorgeous CAS, love all the bling on it. Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards
p.s. Please note that to be eligible to win the prize, we ask you to display the challenge graphic in you blog post!

Kathyk said...

Which I've now added, thanks for the heads up Karola

Kathyk

Chris said...

Fabulous stamping Kathy and a beautiful CAS design. Thank you for joining the Southern Girls for our 'girly' challenge.
Hope the missing stamp turns up soon!
Chris
x

Ankie vd Polder said...

Wonderful work-out of this challenge. Have a nice weekend, Ankie

scrappyjacky said...

The gems make it.

Maaike Uijthoven said...

lovely swirly stamp, and i like the use of the rhinestone dots, clever

Debs M said...

love that flourish - great card x

Craftyrose said...

Oh I do hope you find that pesky stamp! I had a tiny snail stamp from a woodware set that I once lost. I looked everywhere, every stamp set I had used, block even the bin! I eventually found the blighter months later, stuck to a ruler in my craft tote! I was so happy!! Hope yours turn up. Love this flourish card....very you...I feel. Now the weather is atrocious today I should get back to my crafting!...Or rather starting it!

Sharon said...

Gorgeous! Love the swirly stamp and the sparkle gems.

Valerie Nolan said...

Fabulous flourish Kathy, love the addition of the gems. I was laughing at your search for the stamp, I experience that problem quite a lot especially since my craft room revamp!
Val x

Craft-E-Place said...

Fabulous card! Good luck with your stamp hunt!
Elaine

lilian said...

great card mate. i hope you find your stamp.

Lilian

Marie B. said...

Best of luck finding your missing stamp...I've misplaced a scalloped border die somehow, and the one place I thought *for sure* that it was...it wasn't. I have NO IDEA where it wandered off to. Hey, I love what you've done with this card...I must dig out my same stamp set and have a play! :)

Shery said...

Super pretty flourish card, Kathy! I envy crafters who are able to place those adhesive gems perfectly on their cards. So great to see your card in the STAMPlorations CAS Card Challenge this month -- thanks for being one of the early players in our new challenge! Good luck on your stamp hunt -- hope you find that snowflake border stamp soon. Hugs! :o)

Marina said...

A beautiful card, ornate without being fussy. I waste hours looking for lost items. Sometimes I find them in the bin, sometimes stuck on other things...Yesterday I spent over an hour looking for a card I had made in advance, saved till the birthday came near and couldn't find when it was time to post!! Luckily I did find it in the end and I how you find your border stamp too.

Sarah Gray said...

I love this flourish, Kathy! It is so elegant and perfect for this week's LIM challenge. Good luck with the stamp hunt....I had a tidy up before Christmas and now can't fine ANYTHING :)

Chrissie said...

That's a really pretty flourish Kathy, so delicate looking!
Lovely, lovely card!
I've done a similar stamp search this week!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love this big elegant flourish - so pretty. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Swooning here Kathy, loving the stamped flourish and those delicate little gems just equal perfection! thanks so much for playing along this week!
Sarah xx
Less is More

Anne said...

What a fab flourish Kathy! I think the overlap for the sentiment looks good.
I have lost a tiny, tiny word sentiment from a Waltzing Mouse set this week, really should have put it straight away :(
Thank you so much for your entry
Anne
"Less is More"

Evelyn S. said...

This is a beautiful flourish card...accented with just enough color and jewels! So very pretty.

TaeEun said...

Fabulous arrangement of the flourish images! I thought you had the purpose to overlap the second stamped flourish over the sentiment! I hope you find the border stamp soon!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful CAS design Kathy using the flourish...gorgeous.
Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Southern Girls challenge..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Linby said...

If I could have all the time I spend looking for things (even things I literally just had in my hand) then I would have so much more time to craft LOL! My OH always says it's not lost just mislaid - but it always feels lost to me!
I googled the precious remembrance as I hadn't heard of that before, and now I must have that set it is so fab.
Anyway - onto your wonderful card, love the flourish and the grey stamping - looks very elegant.

Karen Oliver said...

Gorgeous card,So elegant and classy. Hmmm know the feeling so I hope the missing stamp turns up. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls.

Neets B said...

I hope you find that stamp, Kathy, it can be so infuriating can't it?!
Love the black and white with the little addition of the gems, so pretty.
Sorry I'm so late visiting!
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

creationsnz said...

I think we all have those times, searching, searching. Lovely sweet and simple and elegant card.