First of all, let me welcome my latest follower, Krisha, hope you will stop by again sometime.
It's been a funny old week with my planned trip to Birmingham cancelled at the last minute due to the lurgy! And, as a result of this feeling generally just a bit under the weather ... my crafting mojo's been a bit AWOL and, when it came back - I couldn't blimmin' well share the project!!. Life's like that sometimes though, isn't it?
I did however, make some tags this week ... in an attempt to match some wrapping paper .....
|My tag selection|
|And in close up|
|The reverse of my tags|
- White card ... I went with 200gsm but thought better of it so cut twice as many as I needed and glued them back to back to make them stronger.
- Go Kreate fancy tag die
- I inked up one of each "pair" of tags using Distress Ink crushed olive ink using an egg shaped blending sponge and set aside to dry
- Crafts Companion Spray and Shine applied once dry (to protect the water based ink) and set aside again to dry
- High Hopes "Happy Birthday" sentiment stamped using Brilliance olive green ink on the reverse of the second tag of each pair
- Fiskars "TO" and "FROM" stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink on the reverse of the second tag of each pair
- On the green tag I stamped the Inkylicious flourish (from their Calligraphy flourish set) using Versamark ink and then liberally sprinkled Golden Follies embossing powder (from Sparkle 'n Sprinkle), shook off the excess and heat embossed
And here's the paper I attempted to match ... how did I do? Not sure I've QUITE got the colour right and would welcome any suggestions you may have for a Distress Ink I could put over the top ... I'm wondering about twisted citron???
|And in close up, how I love the font of this sentiment|
|And the inside and envelope|
- White C6/A2, 300gsm card blank and matching sized envelope
- Snippets of white and black card
- Carabelle image (from the cling mounted rubber set "Motorcycle ride") stamped on to white card snippet using Versafine onyx black ink and then matted on to black card
- Anita's sentiment stamped directly on to the card blank using Versasfine onyx black ink
- For the insert I stamped off the image before stamping on to my card, using Memento grey flannel ink
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
- The Male Room - challenge No. 26 - ANYTHING GOES
- Crafting for all seasons - challenge No. 117 - MONOCHROME
- Stamping Royalty - challenge No. 311 - BIRTHDAYS
- Fab 'n Funky - challenge No. 286 - SOMETHING NEW ... in this case my Carabelle stamp, only the 2nd time it's been inked since I got it a few weeks ago
- Crafting by Designs - January challenge - ANYTHING GOES
And now for this week's Friday Funny, brought to you this week, courtesy of Marsha ...... on the subject of ambiguity! ENJOY