Friday, 1 January 2016

Welcome to 2016 - HAPPY NEW YEAR

Morning and welcome to the first Friday in January



 photo newyearfireworks01_zps3f0698cf.gif 


Now we're in to 2016 it is, perhaps, a time to reflect on the creativity of 2015 and the way forward in 2016. I've been crafting for a while, I'd like to think I've learned a thing or two on the way .... do you ever look back at your early work and cringe??? I know I do. In 2016 I should LIKE to get more involved in altered art and mixed media and it's interesting to note that some of my fave projects from 2015 are non card projects. Whilst reflecting on past creativity I came up with a theme for a challenge I'm due to set tomorrow so do check back and see what that turned in to. Some people (in blogland) have been publishing their top 5 fave makes of 2015 and others have posted about their most viewed blog posts. I decided to post my top THREE each of the most read posts and my most fave projects - no mean feat to narrow my faves down to just three ..... so here's my personal New Years Honours List:-

TOP THREE BLOG POSTS VIEWED:

 

1) With 88 views .. my December 27th post
2) With 50 views, my Boxing Day post
3) With 34 views, my November 8th post

And now, for MY TOP THREE MAKES which, incidentally are not the same as my most viewed posts, just goes to show how peoples taste differ!:-
 
                                           Number ONE                                Number TWO     
                                                                    Number THREE

You know me ... there's always a little time for some new crafting ....


My card


How shiny are those gilding flakes?!?!?? Makes it kind of hard to photograph
especially with the low light levels of the past week or so!
And the insert and envelope
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 13½ cm and one cut to 10cm square
  • Two pieces of black card cut to 14cm and one piece cut to 10½cm square
  • Using an egg shaped blender I applied Distress Ink in picked raspberry to the 10cm square white card panel, using the same ink I then stamped the Hero Arts scribble heart randomly around the square and set aside to fully dry
  • Using Indigoblu flitter glue I "inked" up my Visible Image INKognito heart and stamped in the centre of my coloured panel before applying gilding flakes, pressing firmly in to the flitter glue image before using IdigoBlu's "scoochie" sponge to remove the excess flakes and then buffed to a shine
  • Stamped an unknown clear acrylic sentiment in to the top corner using Memento tuxedo black ink - this was carried across the envelope too
  • Inking up the V.I. heart again, this time using Memento rosebud ink I stamped the insert and envelope
  • Rubbadubbadoo sentiment stamped on the insert over the heart image

I'll be entering this make for the following challenges:-
  1. CraftyGirlz challenges - challenge No. 10 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Crafty Gals Corner - challenge No. 52 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Crafty Creations - challenge No. 305 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. A bit more time to craft - challenge No. 11 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Crafters Cafe - challenge NO. 140 - SQUARE CARDS

And finally it's time for the Friday Funny - I found this on the internet so, sadly, no entry in to the draw .... but, still amused me - I'm hoping you will be able to see this as I had trouble inserting it in to post ...... I wonder how many people would appreciate this sentiment!




Have a great weekend and a very ......




13 comments:

Marina said...

What a great roundup of your beautiful makes. I look forward to see you achieve your goal of doing more mixed media in 2016. Happy New Year.

Lauren Hatwell said...

Happy New Year matey. Health and Happiness to you and yours. Fabulous projects. SO difficult to pick from so many great works but you handled it admirably.

Lx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What a great idea Kathy and I must say, I can see why the first three are your most viewed and I love your choices for your favourite three! Can't wait to see what you come up with this year! Have a great 2016! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

SARN said...

. . . .and a VERY Happy New Year to you and the hubster.

Great picks for your top 3s.

LOVING the card full of hearts. Being "allergic" to glitter, I haven't dared venture into that flitter glue and flakes stuff, but it sure is pretty sensational on cards.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

MaryH said...

Hi Kathy, SO enjoyed this post..with all your wonderful projects and of course those lovely Valentine cards!!! We have been to the Lakeland shop twice..and were pleased with the shop itself. However, we were very displeased with the manner in which the staff treated us...very cold, unfriendly, unhelpful as well. It had been highly recommended by a local SC friend who winters in Fla. She suggested I give the place another try after the 1st trip, and since I had a bunch of the 'rewards' cards, we did. Sad to say, it was much the same atmosphere on the 1st visit, and I don't plan to return. One spends a bit in these places, and it's good customer appreciation to welcome someone coming through the door, ask if you can show something, etc. We experienced none of the usual friendliness we expect when in this type of place. At first, we thought perhaps a one off. But when it happened next visit, we said "No more". Even my husband, who is very easy going, said "We won't be coming back here"! Anyway, we did have a great time in both the other places in the area, with lots of 'could we show you... help you find, have you seen this?' Not pushy...just helpful.

Hope your next project will be lots of fun. I'm looking forward to some serious cleanup when we get home. (our trip got postponed after loading up, setting out this morning & then an engine light came on, about 30 minutes on the road). So back at the Daughter's until we can get to a local Ford dealership to see what's happening.

Best wishes for a Happy 2016. Hugs & TFS

Kathyk said...

Oh, that is such a shame as I have always had such a friendly welcome but we MUST speak as we find.

Kathyk

catherine said...

Great makes to show Kathy and a happy new year to you both
x catherine

Kathleen said...

Some fabulous cards and very different styles.
Loved the Friday funny
Happy New Year to you.

Kath x

Jeanie Ellis said...

Beautiful job! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner! Jeanie, DT

scrappyjacky said...

Happy New Year

Debs M said...

Happy new year - was thinking of doing a similar thing with my faves, clever idea to add the most viewed too x

Judy V said...

Thanks for taking part in our Blogiversary Anything Zgoes challenge at Crafty Gals Corner Kathy! Your card is beautuful!

Lozzy T said...

Stunning design and thank you for sharing your lovely crafting with us at A Bit More Time To Craft Challenge..Hope to see you again soon and good luck in draw..Hugs Lozzy x DT