Now we're in to 2016 it is, perhaps, a time to reflect on the creativity of 2015 and the way forward in 2016. I've been crafting for a while, I'd like to think I've learned a thing or two on the way .... do you ever look back at your early work and cringe??? I know I do. In 2016 I should LIKE to get more involved in altered art and mixed media and it's interesting to note that some of my fave projects from 2015 are non card projects. Whilst reflecting on past creativity I came up with a theme for a challenge I'm due to set tomorrow so do check back and see what that turned in to. Some people (in blogland) have been publishing their top 5 fave makes of 2015 and others have posted about their most viewed blog posts. I decided to post my top THREE each of the most read posts and my most fave projects - no mean feat to narrow my faves down to just three ..... so here's my personal New Years Honours List:-
TOP THREE BLOG POSTS VIEWED:
1) With 88 views .. my December 27th post
And now, for MY TOP THREE MAKES which, incidentally are not the same as my most viewed posts, just goes to show how peoples taste differ!:-
Number ONE Number TWO
You know me ... there's always a little time for some new crafting ....
|How shiny are those gilding flakes?!?!?? Makes it kind of hard to photograph|
especially with the low light levels of the past week or so!
|And the insert and envelope|
- 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to 13½ cm and one cut to 10cm square
- Two pieces of black card cut to 14cm and one piece cut to 10½cm square
- Using an egg shaped blender I applied Distress Ink in picked raspberry to the 10cm square white card panel, using the same ink I then stamped the Hero Arts scribble heart randomly around the square and set aside to fully dry
- Using Indigoblu flitter glue I "inked" up my Visible Image INKognito heart and stamped in the centre of my coloured panel before applying gilding flakes, pressing firmly in to the flitter glue image before using IdigoBlu's "scoochie" sponge to remove the excess flakes and then buffed to a shine
- Stamped an unknown clear acrylic sentiment in to the top corner using Memento tuxedo black ink - this was carried across the envelope too
- Inking up the V.I. heart again, this time using Memento rosebud ink I stamped the insert and envelope
- Rubbadubbadoo sentiment stamped on the insert over the heart image
I'll be entering this make for the following challenges:-
- CraftyGirlz challenges - challenge No. 10 - ANYTHING GOES
- Crafty Gals Corner - challenge No. 52 - ANYTHING GOES
- Crafty Creations - challenge No. 305 - ANYTHING GOES
- A bit more time to craft - challenge No. 11 - ANYTHING GOES
- Crafters Cafe - challenge NO. 140 - SQUARE CARDS
And finally it's time for the Friday Funny - I found this on the internet so, sadly, no entry in to the draw .... but, still amused me - I'm hoping you will be able to see this as I had trouble inserting it in to post ...... I wonder how many people would appreciate this sentiment!