Wednesday, 20 January 2016

Welcome to another Wednesday ..... you KNOW what that means!

Morning all

Most of you  may recall that I do an ATC materials swap with a trading card buddy ...... received my latest batch of materials at the weekend. Want to see what I received?

Pre printed vintage tag shape, patterned circle and three printed pieces of card candy
Before I show you what I made .... on to some chat .. lovely sunny day yesterday but, boy, was it ever cold?!?!?! When I woke up (admittedly that wasn't until 08:30) it was STILL -4°c! Crikey, now that felt blooming cold because we've had such mild weather. I KNOW that many parts of the U.K. have even experienced -18°c which is, of course, A LOT COLDER but trust me when I say that -4°c is plenty cold enough for me!

My aunt FINALLY had her knee replacement operation yesterday, fifth time lucky - nipped in to see her last night and she certainly did seem to be on good form, thank heavens




I turned a few more of my craft club card fronts in to finished cards yesterday too


And now to share what those materials turned in to ....


My ATC
With the gesso and the glossy accents

 

The gesso'd and gelato's tag and the gelato'd ATC. On the right the card candy Delicata'd!

Materials used:
  • ATC blank covered with black card - to give the ATC more sturdiness
  • Post It .... cut to fit the circular shape and placed over my focal point ....
  • Gesso applied (to the non masked area) with a baby wipe and allowed to dry
  • Brilliance lightning black ink applied to the die cut circle
  • Once dry, I glued the circle to my focal point
  • Glossy Accent to fill the circle and give a high gloss "glass" finish
  • Gelato's in gold, silver and squid smooshed on to a craft mat, spritzed and mixed before applying with fingers - dries to a lovely sheen
  • Kaisercraft script stamped on the tag using Brilliance platinum ink
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival sienna ink
  • Card candy and the outer edge of the tag inked using Delicata golden glitz ink, I also used this ink to stamp the border of the Crafters Companion stamp, on the black ATC 

I'll be entering this ATC for the following challenges:-

  1. Through The Craft Room Door - Jan 19th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Lemon Shortbread - challenge No. 7 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Crafting From The Heart - challenge No. 95 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Craft Your Passion - challenge No. 295 - ALWAYS ANYTHING GOES


And my messy workdesk, since it IS What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday



And a sneaky peek at the contents of another of those IKEA drawers ...




7 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Huzzah! Your aunt looks to be in fine fettle. What a relief! Wishing her a speedy recovery.

Smashing cards and you did a grand job with your ATC materials too Mrs. Had to laugh. I thought the picture of the gold card candy was one of those chocolate after dinner mints in it's shiny wrapper ;oD

Have a great day matey. Lx

Barb said...

Your Aunt is looking well after her op. Hope she makes good progress. The ATC looks super. I like what you've done with the pieces. Lots of lovely wooden stamps there Kathy. Enjoy the day. Barbxx

SARN said...

Oh I think I have stamp drawer envy now! Lots of pretties in there!

AND BOY did the girl do GOOD with the ATC swap materials. You've pulled it out of the hat AGAIN. Never ceases to amaze me what you do with the swap materials.

Glad you got to see your Aunt and that she'd feeling chipper.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

Great news about your aunt and we done with the pesky atc materials! x

lilian said...



Kathy. I am so glad you Aunt has had her operation and is looking so well.
Lovely to catch up with you and thanks for your help. Love your cards and what you have done with your tag swap,.

Lilian

Dewi Lestari said...

So beautiful! Thanks for joining at Lemon Shortbread: Anything Goes
Hugs
Dewi

Karen C said...

Pretty! So glad you came Through ‘The Craft Room Door’ to play! Can't wait to see more of your talent!
Hugs,
Karen C