Wednesday, 13 January 2016

Welcome to hump day Wednesday (aka WOYWDW!)

Morning all,

I was hoping that I would be visiting my aunt in hospital this week, following a long awaited knee operation but, no, it's been postponed yet again. I had cleared my schedule and arranged dinner with my cousin as she would (obviously) be visiting her mother and was planning to stay overnight with us ... well, it WILL happen, just a question of WHEN!

The weather continues to be pretty pants too so ..... not feeling the urge for a daily soaking and I've therefore found myself staying in a little more than usual, and errr well ... crafting ... not all bad then! We have Craftathon 2016 coming up (but not THAT imminently, don't panic) and I've even managed to decide on my shoe box project AND made my project, reproducing the materials for each of the attendees .. does this make me sad or super organised?!?!?!

Additionally, I created this whilst hubby was out last evening ....

My card
And in close up - to show the twinkle of the stickles
And the inside and envelope
Materials used:-
  • White C6/A2 300gsm card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Inkadinkado flourish (from the 99241 Well Spring set) stamped using Versafine Majestic blue ink
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Crystal stickles to highlight
  • Tsukineko Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen used to highlight the inside and envelope to add sparkle

I shall be entering this make for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 258 - FLOURISH - 2nd entry
  2. Crafting from the heart - challenge No. 94 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Craft Your Passion - challenge No. 294 - ALWAYS ANYTHING GOES
  4. Avenue 613 - challenge No. 158 - 3rd Annual block party - ANYTHING GOES with additional twist of BIRTHDAY/ANNIVERSARY
  5. Cards und More - challenge No. 149 - OLC ... One Layer Card

A little while ago I bought two MDF boxes, one as a Secret Santa gift and one for myself .... I decided (last week) that it was time to crack open the seal and start working. I got as far as gesso-ing the inside and then putting a coat of black acrylic on the inside .... and then it stalled. With hubby out for the evening I got the opportunity to both gesso the outside AND assemble (and glue) the box .... seen here in the drying stages, hence the rubber bands!




And on to a little creative wrapping .. I wanted to match the tag to the wrapping paper again ... this time, using red





As you can see, the original colour of tag didn't match the wrap QUITE as well as the front

Materials used:-
  • Costco red wrap
  • Mirror finish gold curling ribbon and matching bow, to embellish package
  • Deckle edged gift tag 
  • To the reverse of the tag I stamped the Dovecraft greeting using Ranger Archival jet black ink and the Fiskars "TO" and "FROM" using Color Box white ink
  • To the front of the tag I applied Distress Ink in aged mahogany all over the tag and then stamped theDarkRoomDoor paint splatter image using the same ink, before spraying with Crafters Companion Spray and Shine
  • Using a Tim Holtz stencil I applied Faber Castell glass bead glitter gel using a metal spatula to apply and set aside to dry
  • Once dry I punched a 3/8" hole and a co-ordinating eyelet using my crop-a-dile

Think it turned out OK don't you? So, as you can see, I've had a couple of creative days and it will therefore come as no surprise when you see the messy work desk  ... one day I shall astound you with it's tidiness but ... today is NOT that day!



And a peek inside another of my drawers of stamps ..


10 comments:

SARN said...

Happy Hump Day and WOYWW to you Kathy.

Really like the blue splash card and, no, I am not astounded by your, er, creative desk!!!!

Looking forward t seeing the results of your 3d project.

xxx

Debs M said...

Super organised -I was looking last night and thought I had cracked it but there was postage on each item so that's a no then!
Great makes and fab looking desk x

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create, good luck!!! Amy DT

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

A beautiful card and a wonderful tag! But I think my messy desk beats yours ;)

scrapgrit said...

thank you for your card for the challenge of cards and more. It is a very nice card. Margrit

lilian said...

Great card mate, Love the wrapping and the tag. Nice lot of stamps in the drawer.

Lilian

Chrissie said...

This is such a great stamp and I love that touch of twinkle!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A fabulous flourishing stamp here Kathy and as Chrissie says loving that little twinkle too. thanks so much for playing along this week!
Sarah xx
Less is More

Anne said...

Fab stamping Kathy and super added twinkle!
Thank you so much for your entry
Anne
"Less is More"

Neets B said...

Ooh you have been busy. Love that flourish in blue and with the touch of shimmer. Lovely CAS card.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More