Sunday, 31 January 2016

Welcome to the last day of January ... did you miss it too?

Morning,

Hope you are enjoying your weekend; wasn't it NICE to see the sun yesterday? We had sun for several hours and I hope you did too.

Yesterday evening our surrogate daughter (#2) and hubby popped round for a chat, bringing with them the lovely Riddick who, we discovered, is a big fan of ice cubes! Sure too many won't be good for him but he chowed down on a couple with his tail in permanent WAG mode! Love him!


lovely boy!
It's the last day of January today and I find myself wondering where the rest of the month went, tomorrow will be February and I've hardly started my Christmas 2016 preparations!!! No, honestly, I try to make a couple of cards each month - to avoid a mahoosive batch make come November! Thank heavens for Maureen (over at Scraps of Life) who very kindly offered me a couple of Guest Design Team Member slots otherwise I wouldn't even have made the batch of tags I made for their first challenge of 2016!!!

Honestly, sometimes I wonder where my braincell goes when I'm not actively using it! I checked out a challenge yesterday where the theme was "DOWN UNDER" and I said "I have NO appropriate images" ..... a little while later (several HOURS after I'd submitted my lateral thinking make) I realised that I had won the fabulous Stampers Anonymous "Cityscapes" .. nothing for it but to have another go, and here it is

My card
And a closer view
And the insert and envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 9.5 x 14cm and 13.5 x 4.4cm white card panels 
  • 9.9 x 14.4cm and 13.8 x 4.7cm navy card snippets
  • Stampers Anonymous "CMS224 Cityscapes" image stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink ... obviously I went with Sydney ..... but the others are fab too
  • Twinkling H2O in mystic blue and pro markers in vanilla, ice grey #1, red and blue to colour image
  • Faber Castell Pitt pen "S" thickness to draw birds freehand

I will enter it for the following challenges:
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 251 - LUCKY DIP - them - DOWN UNDER - 2nd entry
  2. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 214 - SNIPPETS CHALLENGE
  3. Crazy for challenges - challenge C4C321 - DOWN UNDER

19 comments:

lilian said...

Great card that landscape sure is lovely.

Lovely to see Riddick again. Such a lovely dog,

lilian

Sue - said...

Great card Kathy - the stamp set has just joined my "must have" list, which of course is far too long!

SARN said...

Top marks for this LIM card . . . but I really like the lateral thinking one too!

Happy Sunday . . . drizzling & murky here !


Hugs, Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

Well remenbered! great card x

Inkyfingers said...

Gorgeous card Kathy and isn't it great to discover the ideal stamp in the stash! My braincell regularly goes off on holiday so I'm constantly finding new things again and... again.

Barb said...

A great card Kathy. The perfect image for the challenge too.

Riddick is gorgeous. I love seeing waggy tails. They look so joyful. Barbxx

Maria A. said...

Hello Kathy: I love your magnificent Australian Skyline, I've never seen a stamp like this one, just beautiful.
Awesome water color wash for the sky and I love the pop of red from that little sail boat.
Thank you for sharing.

Maria Rodriguez.

Krisha said...

Funny how a challenge gets the braincells to remember what IS IN the STASH!! LOL!
Rally a great card and Riddick is a handsome fella.

LesleyG said...

teehee glad it's not just me who remembers things after the event! fab card xxx

Cara said...

Love the card with its delicate colouring, such an effective layout too. Cara x

Di said...

LOVE this card Kathy - what a great stamp! And the gentle touches of colour are really great - and then that super pop of red for the sail - clever!

Hugs

Di xx

Anne said...

This is, of course, perfect for our theme Kathy! Super card with wonderful colouring and layout
Thank you for joining us
Anne
"Less is More"

Squirrel said...

This is fabulous! Love that cityscape.

Darnell J Knauss said...

Oh, I do love a big furry dog and Riddick is fine! Reminds me of our black lab, Shadow, who also loved ice cubes! That's a spot-on card for LIM, Kathy! I have done the same thing more times than I want to count, but unlike you, I never remember the "perfect" stamp until after the challenge has ended! Well done!! Hugs, Darenll

Linby said...

just looking over the thumbnails and spied your 2nd entry which is the same stamp as I ended up using! If only I had looked there sooner......
Love your use of the stamp.

Chrissie said...

What a fab scene for this challenge Kathy!
I loved Sydney the couple of times I've visited it...we saw an opera in the opera house too!
Great stuff!
Thanks again!
Chrissie
Less is More

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Beautiful stamp of that gorgeous skyline and a perfectly executed CAS card Kathy. thanks so much for playing along this week!
Sarah xx
Less is More

Elizabeth said...

Hi Kathy, fabulous snippet card. I love the cityscape stamp you've used. Riddick, the ice-eating dog, is adorable. Have a good weekend. Elizabeth xx

Neets B said...

Aww Riddick is very handsome! And I love that sketchy skyline, perfect for our challenge.
Thanks for sharing another entry with us.
Anita x
Less is More