Monday, 25 January 2016

Welcome to the start of another week

Morning all

I'm delighted to be a Guest Member of the Design Team over at Maureen's (Scraps of Life) Rudolph Day challenge and today is my first outing, of three. I hope you will all show your support of this blog and challenge - especially as it ensures that you can crack on through the year with your Christmas makes, and means you won't have a mad dash to the finish!

I've scheduled this post to appear at the same time as Maureen launches her challenge over at Scraps Of Life too, let's hope that works then!!!

Without further ado, I shall reveal my make and hope you can join me over at the Rudolph Day challenge ...... for a change I decided to go with a non card Christmas project!


My metallic foiled tag
And a closer view of the twinkle of the glitter glue and shine of the foiling
My batch of  tags
The snippets I started out with
My sentiment backed with its dimensional foam, ready to roll
The reverse of my tags all stamped up
My foiled tags ... in progress
Materials used:
  • One sheet of 300gsm white card, cut in to strips and run through my die cutter with a Quickutz tag die
  • Snippet strip of blue card cut in to 4 x 6½cm strips using my tonic guillotine
  • Hero Arts bordered sentiment stamped seven times on to a snippet of white card using Memento Paris Dusk ink and cut out
  • Dimensional foam adhesive applied to reverse of the sentiment and then adhered to the blue panels
  • Fiskars "TO" and "FROM" sentiment stamped on the reverse of the tag using Memento Paris Dusk ink
  • Hero Arts Christmas sentiment stamped on the reverse of the tag using Adirondack watermelon ink
  • Inkadinkado snowflake border stamped around the front of my tags using Flitter glue and Jones Tones metallic foiling sheets - another outing for my foiling sheets - YAY!
  • Using tombow glue I attached my sentiment panel to finish the tag, highlighting with crystal stickles ..... for added bling!

I'll also be entering this for the following challenges:
  1. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 213 - SNIPPETS CHALLENGE ... 2nd entry
  2. Hiding in my craft room - challenge No. 235 - ANY HOLIDAY
  3. My time to craft - challenge No. 313 - TAG IT
  4. Twofers - challenge No. 12 - METAL, Heavy or not! ... metallic foiling
  5. Craftbubble 2½ (registration required) - CMLI group's Rudolph Day challenge - Christmas song .. I went with "Oh Christmas Tree"
  6. Jingle Belles Rock - January 15th challenge - Oh Christmas Tree

Have a great week

27 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Looka great, Kathy. Love the extra details here...

Jo said...

FAB tags.....congrats on your GDT spot
J x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Great batch of tags. Have a good week. Lx

Debs M said...

These are fab, well done on your gdt x

SARN said...

YAY . . . love your snippets tags for Rudolph Day. CONGRATS on being a DT member.

Hooch o'clock in the Playground Tree House this evening. Apparently the Hooch is quite strong . . . one or two headaches around this morning! You have been warned!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Great tags Kathy! Gosh you really are such a prolific crafter - you'll be all done and dusted for Christmas before you know it.

Hugs

Di xx

lilian said...

Great Tags mate. i will sure have a go at the RD challenge and have thoughts on it already

Lilian

Jane Willis said...

Hello there fellow teamie! I'm looking forward to seeing all the Rudolph Day cards. But for the moment I'm wearing my Twofers DT hat to thank you for sharing your lovely tags with us. As you may have noticed, foiling is one of my absolute favourite techniques, and I'm so happy it's come back into fashion!
Hope we'll see you again soon at Twofers.
Jane

Whisper said...

Hi there Rudolph Day teamie and WOW you are so organised, making tags as well, a fabby tutorial too, Luv Sam

Barb said...

Beautiful tags for Rudolph Days first challenge of the year. Congratulations on being on the Design Team. Barbxx

catherine said...

Wow kathy congrats on your design spot and fabulous tags to showcase with
x catherine

Kathleen said...

Love these tags, great colours and a cute tree.

Kath x

MaryH said...

Just saw the wealth of tags you've shared for this month's Rudy Day, and congrats for joining in the DT there. Love the borders on these sparklers and the fab royal blue swirls of ribbon. Well done! TFS & Hugs

Clare Lloyd said...

Super tags.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Already preparing! I am impressed! BTW - you won! Congrats
http://cardsundmore-challengeblog.blogspot.de/2016/01/top-3-und-gewinner-149.html

Jenny L said...

Hi Kathy,
what very fab tags for the Rudolf challenge.
Love all the wonderful foiled snowflakes, and your fab design.
I see your hubby is a radio model plane enthusiast.
When I met my DH over 30 years ago he built model planes and flew them.
He has moved on to Radios, and loves to listen to aircraft these days.
He also likes to mend wind up clocks for a hobby now, and that gives me time to craft too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Zoe Sanderson said...

WOW that foiling looks fabulous, a terrific set of tags and congrats on your guest DT spot. Thanks for adding us at Twofers to your list and thank you for joining in again. XOXO Zoe

Christi Conley said...

Beautifully delicate foiling on your tags - they must look AMAZING in person!! Thank you SO much for joining us at TWOFERS! Christi DT (PS - I am giving away a bit of blog candy and I'd love for you to join in!http://art-without-anxiety.blogspot.com/)

Linby said...

These are just fab. You are really ahead of the game here - I usually leave tags to the last minute!

Carol L said...

WTG landing on your feet in the Rudolph Days GDT! I like this great set of tags and they look like so much fun to create!

Berina RGA said...

Such cute tags!! Love the foiling on them!! So beautiful!!
-Berina (Your fellow DT member )
Moxie Craftie
Rudolph Days Challenge DT

Sue - said...

Congrats on your DT post! Love your set of tags - mine are always made at the very last minute!

lauren bergold said...

super-fab tags! so pleased you could rock around the christmas tree with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

Lorraine said...

What a nice bunch of projects. So pretty.

SmilynStef said...

What pretty tags ... love the glittery sparkle.

Greta said...

Love the foiled snowflakes--beautiful tags!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Apologies matey. I really thought I'd left a comment here but perhaps I was thinking of the one I left at CMLI. Brain dead these days!? Fabulous tags. Congratuls on the DT spot too. You'll be amazing, of course. Lx