Wednesday, 27 January 2016

Welcome to Wednesday ......

Morning 

Welcoming my new follower, Jenny of Cardsarus, thanks for stopping by and following me - I hoep you will stop by again soon

Oh My! What wet and wild weather we've had the last couple of days! There's really been little choice in the matter - it was "stay in and craft" weather! So I did!

My card
And a closer view - to show the effect of the Wink of Stella
Sorry about the quality of pix, the light's awful these days - roll on summer!
The insert
My envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 300gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two 9½ x 13cm white card panels
  • Two Raspberry red card panels - 1 cut to 9.7 x 13.2cm and 1 cut to 9.9 x 13.4cm
  • One gold card panel 9.7 x 13.2cm
  • Acid Drops and Whatnots ADFB4 stamped using Delicata Golden Glitz ink
  • Acid Drops and Whatnots AD24 image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen used to add twinkle to the scarf and hatband
  • Kaisercraft CS913 Birthday greeting stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Addicted to CAS - challenge No. 80 - RED
  2. Inkspirational - challenge No. 100 - BLAST FROM THE PAST - any previous COLOUR challenge ... I went with challenge No. 71 which was ATG with GOLD
  3. Simply Create Too - challenge No. 101 - SOMETHING NEW - my frame image was brand spanking new, at the Newbury show on Saturday, can hardly get newer than that!
  4. Craft Rocket - challenge No. 7 - Clean And Simple
And, whilst it was such filthy weather, I've another to share with you ... and, yes, it ALSO deploys new stash .... this card STARTED life as a One Layer Card which was meant to feature the penguin below but I mucked up the placement of my Santa hat (turns out it was too big too!!!) so there was nothing for it but to abandon the One Layer element and move on so, not a Christmas card at all just one of general support which may well suit many occasions .......


My card
And a closer view of the image, to show the sparkle
And the inside and envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope (stash from Newbury)
  • 9.5 x 14cm white card pane
  • 9.7 x 14.2cm navy card panel (stash from Newbury)
  • KatzelKraft's "Les Pingouins Grumpy" partially stamped (no room for all three) stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink. Image stamped on to post it and cut out - to use as a mask
  • Image lightly coloured using coloured pencils in yellow, orange, tan and green
  • Paper Artsy image stamped (over mask) using Hero Arts neon green and blue and Tsukineko Delicata golden glitz inks
  • Precious Remembrance Shop and Stampers Anonymous sentiments stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue inks
  • Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen used to apply twinkle (which, sadly doesn't show in the photos due to the poor lighting conditions!) to the penguin

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Make My Monday - January 25th challenge - NEWEST or FAVOURITE STAMP - newest as I only got my Penguins on Saturday!
  2. Stamps and Fun - challenge No. 270 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Crafting from the heart - challenge No. 96 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Craft Your Passion - challenge No. 296 - ANYTHING GOES

Over at Cards und More I spotted my name, turns out I won a prize for a recent challenge, thanks peeps. FYI the winning card is below right and featured NBUS (to quote Darnell!), so ... DOUBLE YAY!


 


And now, since it IS What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday, here's a peek at my desk ...

Oopsie, messy as always!

18 comments:

Jenna ♥ said...

A great card! Love the image! Thanks for playing with us at Craft Your Passion. Good Luck, Jenna, DT

Squirrel x said...

Now she is classy! Great card hunny. But my heart has been stolen by that penguin, it just made me laugh out loud. Brilliant job, as always. Hugs xx

lilian said...


Great cards mate, Love the the first image and the colour and sparkle, you are so right about trying to get a good picture, it never seems to get light.

Well done on your win.

Lilian

SARN said...

Am LOVING the grumpy penguin . . . I am SO putting that on my wish list! Fab sentiment you chose to go with it too!

Belated WOYWW wishes going your way.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Barb said...

Lovely work with your new stash. Lovely cards with two great images. Barbxx

SARN said...

Oops! Realised I forgot to comment on the flapper girl card . .. which I also love! xxx

Stampsnob. said...

Love how you match the envelope to the lovely cards TFS
Craft Rocket Ch ..Lis DT

Cross Stitch Claire said...

Great cards, love the envelopes too! Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket, Claire DT x

Sue - said...

Great cards Kathy!

sandie said...

She is one classy woman! Love how you have stamped the images on the envelopes. Thanks for joining Ink x

Lisa J said...

Both lovely cards. Thanks for sharing with us this fortnight. Lisa DT Craft Rocket Challenges

Viv said...

Super cards again Kathy, love that cute second image esp.;) Viv xx

Mac Mable said...

Oh I did so enjoy reading your blog. Such creative cards and fabulous inspiration. Fun penguin card, even though he looks grumpy he brought a smile to my face x

Michelle said...

Thst pinguin is so cute. I like the colourfull sparkles around him.
Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion, good luck.
xxx Michelle (DT)

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous elegant lady on your first card and beautiful coloring! I also love how you completed the inside and seal on your envelope! Stunning card, Kathy!
Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

Patricia Alvarez said...

I love your cards. I love that you coordinated the card with the envelope. I love the penguin. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again on the next challenge! Good luck!!! Patricia.

Marina said...

I love how you used (what I think of as) a Christmas stamp but created a totally fabulous non-Christmas card - so beautifully finished too.

Your top card is elegant and stylish.

Two wonderful creations!
Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday and Inkspirational.

Lisa Dümig said...

I love your card!
Thank´s for showing us by SFC Challenge.

Hope to see you back again!

Greetings
Lisa :)