Friday, 5 February 2016

And as another weekend looms large, it's time for another Friday Funny

Morning

I've had a funny old week, what with yucky weather then two lovely days, dinner out with hubby, a really nice get together with a pal, and some NEW STASH to boot. Doncha just LOVE new stash? I know I do. I set to wondering whether I could use any of it to bump start my enthusiasm for the Candy box box which has been sitting (looking sad and sorry for itself) on the sideboard for a couple of weeks now .... first order of the day though, cut out all the unmounted rubber ..... I can never quite make up my mind whether to mount on cushion foam or not but, ever since a nasty occurrence with a much loved stamp coming off the cushion mount, I've chosen not to bother. Instead I tend to use peel 'n tack (or is it tack 'n peel .. I can't remember!) which is fabulous although it does discolour and get harder to position images over time - guess nothing's perfect! Anyhoo, there's me, digressed all the way from an MDF box project to cling mounting! 

Same applied to my crafting ... I hit the Table of Craftiness (ToC) with every intention of doing some more to that box and, instead, just look what happened ...




Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of white card cut to ATC size
  • Stamposaurus brick stencil through which I sponged Distress Inks: fossilised amber, carved pumpkin and ripe persimmon using an egg shaped sponge
  • Having removed the stencil and without re-inking the sponge I stippled colour on to the ATC background, to soften the starkness of the white card
  • Using images from the Chocolate Baroque "Wisteria Lane" and Chapel Road "Vertical Greetings" and Versafine onyx black ink I added my design
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine to set the water based inks

I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafty Sentiments - challenge 2nd February - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Through The Craft Room Door - challenge 2nd-8th February - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Cards und More - challenge No. 151 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Creative Card Crew - challenge No. 105 - ANYTHING GOES

And then on to another ...


My ATC
And a closer view of the sheen of the Delicata ink
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of navy card, cut to ATC size
  • Using Chocolate Baroque "Wisteria Lane" images and Delicata golden glitz and Versacolour silver inks I stamped my design

I'll entering this ATC for the following challenges:-
  1. Lemon Shortbread - challenge No. 8 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. The Cats Pyjamas - challenge No. 307 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Crafting from the heart - challenge No. 97 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Craft your passion - challenge No. 297 - ALWAYS ANYTHING GOES

And now it's time for the Friday Funny, this week it's coming at you courtesy of SandraT, thanks mate!

THE OSTRICH ! 


A man walks into a restaurant with a full-grown ostrich behind him. The waitress asks them for their orders. The man says, "A hamburger, fries and a coke," and turns to the ostrich, "What's
yours?" "I'll have the same," says the ostrich.

A short time later the waitress returns with the order. "That will Be $9.40 please" The man reaches into his pocket and pulls out the exact change for payment. 


The next day, the man and the ostrich come again and the man says, "A hamburger, fries and a coke."

The ostrich says, "I'll have the same."

Again the man reaches into his pocket and pays with exact change.

This becomes routine until the two enter again. "The usual?" Asks the waitress. "No, this is Friday night, so I will have a steak, baked potato and a salad," says the man. "Same," says the
ostrich. Shortly the waitress brings the order and says, "That will be $32.62." Once again the man pulls the exact change out of his pocket and places it on the table.

The waitress cannot hold back her curiosity any longer. "Excuse me, Sir. How do you manage to always come up with the exact change in your pocket every time?"

"Well," says the man, "several years ago I was cleaning the attic and Found an old lamp. When I rubbed it, a Genie appeared and offered me two wishes. My first wish was that if I ever had to pay for anything, I would just put my hand in my pocket and the right amount of money would always be there."

"That's brilliant!" says the waitress. "Most people would ask for a Million Dollars or something, but you'll always be as rich as you want for as long as you live!"

"That's right..Whether it's a gallon of milk or a Rolls Royce, the exact money is always there," says the man.

The waitress asks, "What's with the ostrich?"

The man sighs, pauses and answers, "My second wish was for a tall chick with a big ass and long legs who agrees with everything I say.."



REALLY!!!!!
Enjoy your weekend

16 comments:

lilian said...


Great card and Atc mate, I am sure I have seen the stamp on the card in a sketch challenge.

F F made me laugh.

Lilian

Debs M said...

great makes and love the ff x

SARN said...

Great looking ATCs, especially the first one.

Chuckled at the FF too!

Have a great weekend.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Maike von maikreations said...

Love your card and the background is awesome! Thank you for joining our „Anything goes“ challenge over at the Cards and more challenge ;o) Happy crafting,

scrappyjacky said...

Great background. Have a good weekend.

Viv said...

Great cards again Kathy and love the usual Friday funnies too he he ;) Viv xx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Beautiful cards and I am still laughing about your ostrich joke!

Cara said...

Thanks for the funny, just what I needed this week! Beautiful ATC's. Cara x

Barb said...

Great ATCs Kathy. The first one is really striking. A great Friday funny too. Barbxx

Hettie said...

Great ATCs there Kathy.
I had the same FF some time ago, but I didn't have the picture on mine!! Very funny though.
xxx

Dewi Lestari said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for joining at Lemon Shortbread: Anything Goes
Hugs
Dewi

Nancy Thomas said...

I have't made an ATC in ages! Love these. Thank you for joining The Cat's Pajamas TCP Tuesday challenge.

Michelle said...

I think your ATC's are so lovely.
Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion.
Good luck. xxx Michelle (DT)

Patricia Alvarez said...

Great ATC. Thanks for the joke:). Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion this week. Good luck!!! Patricia.

Denice said...

Great cards, great stenciled background, great joke....so glad I stopped by! Thanks for joininf us this week at TTCRD, hope you'll stop by for more of our weekly challenges.
Denice - TTCRD DT

Brenda said...

Both of your ATC are lovely! I need to give these a go. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Cat's Pajamas TCP Tuesday!