Sunday, 7 February 2016

Another lazy Sunday

Morning all

OH MY GOODNESS! Wasn't the weather VILE yesterday? It was lashing down when we woke and stayed like that much of the day .... I had NO chance of hanging out any washing (even if I was that crazy!) - definitely a day to stay in and craft ....... turned out to be quite a productive day at that! Overnight wasn't much better, window closed against the wind and guess what? I was so HOT!, nap later - maybe!

A friend of mine pointed out a pretty cool sketch she planned to have a go at working with .... I checked it out. Nice sketch .... and in to my head popped this card - couldn't stop myself! Well her blog may be found here, she should be posting her make tomorrow. Mine's distinctly masculine and grungey ..... curious to see which direction Lilian went with hers ....

My card
And a closer view of the image panel
And my insert and envelope
Materials used:
  • White C5, 300gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 19 x 13cm white card panels
  • 19.4 x 13.4cm navy card panels
  • Snippet of white card die cut in to an oval using a Go Kreate die
  • Deep Red "Chevelle" image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink on to the base card, snippet, insert and envelope
  • Creative Expressions "tyre track" from their "Urban Beat" set, stamped using Memento grey flannel ink
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
  • Creative Expressions sentiment (from the earlier set) stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
  • Image panel overlaid on the base card using dimensional foam tape

I'll be entering it for the following challenges:-
  1. Addicted to Stamps and More - challenge No. 179 - CAS (Clean And Simple)
  2. CASe this sketch - challenge No. 158 - SKETCH - see below
  3. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 215 - SNIPPETS CHALLENGE
  4. Crafting with an attitude - challenge No. 12 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Stamping Sensations - February challenge - ANYTHING (stamping) GOES

And the sketch I used
You might remember my post yesterday outlining some ATC swap materials I received from my Isle of Skye ATC swap buddy ...... want to see what I made?


These were the (IMHO) mismatched materials .... after a bit of a think I went a bit grungier, but still cute!
My ATC
And a closer view of the twinkle!
Materials used:
  • Hessian and framed image - supplied by my swap buddy
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of white card cut to ATC size 
  • Snippet of black card, to mat the frame
  • Narrow white ribbon
  • Using Claudine Hellmuth multi medium I attached the hessian panel to the white card snippet
  • Once dry it received a coat of white gesso and two coats of iridescent pink acrylic paint
  • Treasure gold "onyxite" applied over the pink paint, to give a grungier appearance to the raised areas
  • I fussy cut out the central image of the frame as I couldn't reconcile the image with my planned ATC!
  • Visible Image girl (Molly from the "Molly Rules" set) stamped on to a snippet of white card, using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Alcohol markers to colour image .... I also used the same pink alcohol marker to add colour to the frame and white ribbon
  • Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen used to add twinkle to the image and frame
  • Ribbon (once coloured with the alcohol marker) tied in to a bow and attached to the frame using a hot glue gun
  • image panel then attached to ATC using Dimensional foam tape
  • I felt it still needed something at this point and hit on what I think was the perfect solution .... Faber Castell Glass Bead Glitter Gel, applied with a finger!

I'll be entering this ATC for the following challenges:-
  1. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 102 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Alphabet challenge - Y challenge - Y for YOU CHOOSE
  3. Simply Papercraft - challenge No. 22 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Southern Girls - Challenge 4th Feb - ANYTHING GOES with team Trace
  5. Happy Little Stampers - February challenge - Mixed Media challenge

Happy Sunday - stay warm and dry peeps!

20 comments:

Helen Haines said...

Great cards beautifully designed. Thank you for joining us at Crafting with An Attitude. Helen DT

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a fun and fabulous ATC. Love the purple. Thanks so much for joining in our 'Anything Goes' challenge at Southern Girls. Look forward to having you join us again soon. Hugs, Wends x SGC DT

lilian said...

Love the different way you have made the sketch into

Great work with the ATC swap materials,

Lilian

brenda said...

A great masculine card Kathy, works very well in the monochromatic colours.

Many thanks for joining in our new theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Darnell J Knauss said...

Sensational ATC, Kathy, but it was your card that made me smile from ear-to-ear this morning. My very first card was a Chevelle and I loved it so this brought me back in time!! Enjoy your day and thanks for the link to Lilian! Hugs, Darnell

Di said...

Brilliant card Kathy! And the ATC is so cute - that face cracks me up :)

Thank you so much for coming to play.

Hugs

Di xx

laurie said...

Awesome cards Kathy! Love the Chevelle!

SARN said...

Brilliant masculine card from the sketch.

You've done another FAB job on the ATC materials mate.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Barb said...

Wow I love that card. What great stamps. The ATC looks absolutely great. I'd not have expected that. Love the girl image in the frame and all that pink glitter. Very Sassy - LOVE It.

This sounds very rude. I meant I'd not have expected to see a different girl image in the frame!!! Barbxx

Lilian YF said...

Cool projects!
Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

scrappymo! said...

I am drooling over that Chevy card. Great image too!

Glittertastic said...

A great ATC from what initially looked like a hopeless set of items! Your creativity wins the day! Thanks for joining in at Simply Papercraft

Sharon (Glittertastic)
DT Member

Tammy said...

Two wonderful cards Kathy! I love that fabulous car image and all of the sparkle on your second card! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
Tammy x

Susan (rainy) said...

Love LOVE your grungy masculine creation! Such a perfect card and use of that fabulous image. Even the envelope looks great!

Asha said...

What a fab projects! Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
x Asha

Clarinda Swan said...

Too cute! Thanks for sharing with us at the Southern Girls Challenge Blog!

pinky said...

Very cool design Kathy, love how you followed it through to the envelope. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Leigh Penner said...

Fun cards! I especially love this first one -- great take on the sketch!

EdenLand Designs said...

I'm back again, and love what you have done with the ATC materials :) Lovely card, as well!! Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Fingers this time!
Susan DT

Pat said...

Lovely card, thanks for sharing at Alphabet Challenge.

Pat xx