Tuesday, 23 February 2016

Another post on an odd day .....

Morning 

I know, I know, I don't normally post on Tuesday's but, as you can see by the photos in this post, I had a bitty but creative day yesterday .. when I should PROBABLY have been assisting my hubby with the decorating but, honestly? He thinks I'm more of a hindrance so I have to keep him supplied with tea instead! Works for me!

Want to see what I got up to instead?


My ATC
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of navy card cut to ATC size
  • Visible Image "mini flourish" (Craft Stamper freebie) stamped around the outer edge using Versacolour silver ink
  • Snippet of white card cut to 6mm smaller than my navy snippet and coloured using Distress Inks in tumbled glass and salty ocean, applied using an egg shaped sponge
  • Water flicked on to the blue panel, using my fingers, allowed to develop and then blotted using paper towel
  • Fiskars penguin stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink on to a snippet of white card before fussy cutting out, colouring with alcohol markers (PURPLE ones!!!)
  • Wink of Stella gold glitter brush pen which I picked up by mistake (intended to pick up the clear) coloured over the purple making a rather fab (and SPARKLY) colour
  • Copic Atyou Spica black glitter pen to add depth and sparkle to the black parts of this fabbylicious little penguin
  • Fiskars sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Using a TCW mini circles stencil I applied Faber Castell glass bead glitter gel through the stencil with a metal spatula - making it wonderfully textured
  • Additionally I highlighted the sentiment and skates with crystal stickles which also added texture
Not familiar with glass bead glitter gel? Check this out ....... gorgeous!


Super twinkly and super textural too - just perfick!
 And I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Wicked Wednesday ATC challenge - challenge No. 197 - BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE
  2. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 264 - CAS + USE SOME TEXTURE ... I know this is primarily a card making challenge but my ATC IS CAS and it IS textured so I'm hoping I'll be forgiven!
  3. Bunny Zoe Crafts - February challenge - THINGS WITH WINGS
  4. Crafting from the heart - challenge No. 100 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Craft Your Passion - challenge No. 300 - ANYTHING GOES
Additionally, I found I wasn't done when I'd finished so ..


I made two more little ATC holders
And here are the envelopes they are going out in!
Materials used:
  • Three DL envelopes
  • Grey lightweight card cut in to two pieces 14½ x 10½cm and scored at 6½ and 13 cm on the longer edge and 9½ on the shorter and then trimmed as you see on the topmost photo
  • Inks: Ranger Archival jet black, sepia and watering can, Tsukineko Delicata golden glitz and Memento bamboo
  • Stamps: Paper Artsy (splatter), Stampa Rosa (face), Hampton Arts (quote),  Art Impressions (quill/ink well), Rubberstiltskin (I stamp therefore)
  • Double sided tape to stick down the ATC holder
  • You can (and I did, but not till after this pic) use a small circle punch to add a punch out and make it easier to remove an ATC from the holder.





20 comments:

lilian said...

OH my Kathy that's really lovely work.

Well done Mate

Lilian

Squirrel x said...

Your creativity makes me envious hun, and there I was sat in the office while you're crafting away! Gorgeous makes, love them all, but that chubby penguin is fab. xx

Barb said...

Hi Kathy, a fab ATC. Love your podgy penguin and I love the glass bead glitter gel. Another for my wish list. Barbxx

Debs M said...

very creative day - love that penguin x

SARN said...

Loving your current splurge of creativity. Cute penguin! LOVING the arty stamps you've used to perfection.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

PS: I can hear Hubby calling for another cuppa . . . .

Viv's Visuals said...

Glass bead glitter gel... need - want - GOT TO HAVE.
Great Atc, holder and envies!

Linby said...

Love the sparkle and such a fun card. Great stamps on your ATC holders and envelopes too.

Esther said...

Fab sparkle! So cute!

Kay Wallace said...

Love both the fun and the shimmer'n'shine here! Great work!

Lauren Hatwell said...

You HAVE been busy haven't you. Lots of great projects but I just LOVE that cute little pengy with his Glass Bead Glitter Gel snow... FABULOUS! Lx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

How adorably cute Kathy and super duper textured.
thanks so much for playing along this week!
Sarah xx
Less is More

Lou said...

Who knew there were so many ways to add sparkle?! Love it! Lou x

Nikki W said...

Great makes, I really like your entry to our challenge, Baby its cold outside. Such a cute image and I love all the sparkle. Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday :)

Patricia Alvarez said...

Great projects! I love all the sparkle. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion, good luck!!! Patricia

Chrissie said...

He's a cutie and I love the expression 'bundle up'!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful work here! I am going to have to get some of that glitter gel!

Eemeli said...

Thank you for joining our challenge at Crafting From The Heart. I really like your sparkly creation. Good luck in the prize draw and hope to see you next time.

Hugs from Finland,
Eemeli {DT}

Sharon said...

Fabulous texture on your sparkly atc and a really cute image too. Wow that glass bead glitter gel looks fantastic!
Love your atc holders.
Sharon xx

Anne said...

Sorry to be so late commenting, what super texture Kathy - and what a cutie!
Thanks for joining our challenge
Anne
"Less is More"

Michelle said...

Such a funny ATC. Lovely with all the glitter.
Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion.
Good luck, Michelle