Thursday, 25 February 2016

It's Rudolph Day today

Hi there

Just a quick post from me today - to let you know that it's Rudolph Day over at Maureen's blog - Scraps of Life, I've been lucky enough to snag a (temporary) slot on her Design Team and have three outings, each two months apart. 

This month's Guest Design Team Members are:

GOOD LUCK with your entries ... as a GDTM I can't enter but I've made a card to support Mo and my fellow teamies .... and I'm pleased to report this brings my 2016 quota to 29 ... and counting!


My card
And a closer view of the image panel
 
And the back of the card and envelope.The front of the envelope and inside of the card

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250 gsm, card blank and envelope
  • Two pieces of white card 9½ x 13½cm
  • Two pieces of gold card cut to mat with a 1.6mm border
  • Snippet of red card
  • Snippets of white and gold card - for image and matting
  • EK Success border punch
  • Stamps Happen image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Distress Inks: peacock feathers, broken china, pine needles and festive berries to use, water colour style, to colour
  • Wink of Stella glitter brush pens in gold, clear and black
  • Alcohol marker ice grey 1 to add shadow to the white bear
  • Crystal stickles to add further sparkle




I will, however, be entering this make for the following challenges:-
  1. Craftubbble 2½ (membership required) - Quarterly challenge - CAS-e this card .. as you can see, I used the sketch element .. details below
  2. Craftbubble 2½ (membership required) - Rudolph Day challenge - CHRISTMAS SONGS - I went with "Twinkle Twinkle Christmas star"
  3. Fab 'n Funky - challenge No. 293 - CHRISTMAS
  4. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 293 - ANYTHING GOES - as long as it's Christmas




9 comments:

SARN said...

And a Happy Rudolph Day to you mate.

Great polar bear festive make.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Love that gorgeous polar bear and your festive choice of colours. Top job matey. Lx

Jenny L said...

Hi Kathy,
Happy Rudolf Day to you too.
what a great card, and a super design too.
Have I got it all wrong as I have posted a card on the challenge.
I thought it was when we were Guest Designers for that challenge we couldn't post.
I must email Mo to clarify the rules.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Clare Lloyd said...

super card kathy, love the image

Debs M said...

great card and well done on your gdtm slot! x

Kathleen said...

Brilliant image and a nice change, not often do we see polar bears on cards these day. Love the background.

Kath x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Thanks for joining in with our Christmas challenge Kathy. Fabulous card and sweet image. Hugs, Wends x Fab 'n' Funky DT

Sharon said...

Well done on your GDT spot. Well deserved.
Fab Xmas card. That image is terrific.
Sharon xx

Karren said...

Fabulous card and such a fun image!