Friday, 26 February 2016

It's that time of the week again - time for the Friday Funny, that is!

Morning all

Had a good week? Hope you've achieved a lot.

We've been decorating .... well, if I'm honest, hubby's been doing the ACTUAL decorating and I've tried to keep him supplied with tea! I even foolishly (and I hope my regular readers are sitting down at this point) OFFERED TO COOK!!! I know ... all I can say in my defence is that I must have been sickening for something ..... I offered to make a corned beef casserole!! WITH DUMPLINGS too - might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb, eh?!?!?! You will be pleased (as well as a little surprised) to hear it was very tasty and the dumplings were fine though a little dry - last time I use a packet mix! And, we're both still alive - always a good sign!

So, of course .... in between SLAVING over a kitchen knife and a hot stove .... I've managed to fill my time with some reading and some crafting in amongst the mundane chores of my everyday existence!!! Here's my latest piece, it uses a flourish stamp I bought in Chicago a number of years ago and which I think has only seen ink once previously - yee haa! It's ALMOST NBUS! (Never Before Used Stash - thanks to Darnell for coining that phrase)



My card
 
And here are the front and back of the envelope and the back and inside of the card

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 9½ x 13.2 cm
  • Two pieces of light purple card cut to mat the white card with a 1.6mm border
  • Snippets of white and light purple plain card and Costco double sided card (previously used on Wednesday's sneaky peek mini books)
  • On the light purple card I stamped Visible Image mini flourish (border edge) using Colour box dusky violet and then a Paper Artsy grungey line using Tsukineko Delicata golden glitz inks, this was repeated on the light purple border around the focal image too
  • Paper Source flourish stamped using Adirondack purple twilight (on the focal image) and Versafine Imperial purple elsewhere
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine used to set the image panel and protect the water based inks whilst adding sheen to the panel too
  • Chapel Road sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Crystal stickles used to trace the green design on the Costco card, to give it some bling!

I'll be entering the above card for the following challenges:
  1. Freshly Made Sketches - challenge No. 225 - see below
  2. Kraftin' Kimmie - Saturday challenge February 20th - AMETHYST - use some purple!
  3. Crafty Galz Corner - challenge No. 60 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Penny's Papercraft challenge - challenge No. 266 - ANYTHING GOES

And now for this week's Friday Funny which, once again, is coming at you courtesy of my pal SandraT, thanks mate! It also came in from Marsha so although SandraT got there first and gets the entry, Marsha will get a bonus entry as she sent the graphic!! People of a nervous disposition should LOOK AWAY NOW!!!

I am a Seenager. (Senior teenager)




I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 60 years later.
I don't have to go to school or work.
I get an allowance every month.
I have my own pad.
I don't have a curfew.
I have a driver's license and my own car.

I have ID that gets me into bars and the wine store.  I like the wine store best.
The people I hang around with aren’t scared of anything.
They have been blessed to live this long so why be scared
And I don't have acne.

Life is Good!

Also, you will feel much more intelligent after reading this if you are a Seenager: 
Brains of older people are slow because they know so much. People do not decline mentally with age, it just takes them longer to recall facts because they have more information in their brains. Scientists believe this also makes you hard of hearing as it puts pressure on your inner ear.

Much like a computer struggles as the hard drive gets full, so too, do humans take longer to access information when their brains are full.

Researchers say this slowing down process is not the same as cognitive decline.  The human brain works slower in old age, said Dr. Michael Ramscar, but only because we have stored more information over time.  The brains of older people do not get weak.  On the contrary, they simply know more.

Also, older people often go to another room to get something and when they get there, they stand there wondering what they came for.  It is NOT a memory problem, it is nature's way of making older people do more exercise.

 
SO THERE!!

Have a great weekend

13 comments:

lilian said...

Great card Kathy, Love the image.

great F F. I know now why I am like I am I have a full brain.

Lilian

Debs M said...

lovely card and great ff x

SARN said...

Cool flourish card.

LOVE that picture . . . and the text following it!

Have a great weekend.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sharon said...

Fab card Kathy, love the nearly nbus stamp.
Oh my! I roared with laughter at your funny today. Brilliant!
My brain is full and I need LOADS of exercise. Ha ha!
Sharon xx

Barb said...

Super card Kathy and great funnies. Made me feel much better. Barbxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! What a beautiful flourish stamp that is. I DO hope we'll be seeing more of it soon. Love the colour you used to stamp it too. Fab!

Great Friday Funny as always. Have a good one matey. Lx

Jane said...

HI Kathy, Thanks for your lovely comment...the watercolours are Kuretake Gansai watercolours...Amazon had them at half price so how could I resist! xx

Viv said...

Great card, wow and the other decoration of card and envelope also and love the Friday funny of course too ;) Viv xx

Jen Timko said...

This card is so lovely and I just love the coordinating envelope. Glad you joined us this week at FMS! (Seenager.....still chuckling...)

Hettie said...

Lovely card Kathy. That is a lovely flourish stamp.
Very good funny. Working with a bunch of 21 year olds, I will have to use this one!!!
Hugs
xx

Amy O said...

I love that flourish, and the sparkly paper adds such a pretty touch. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Amy Cohen said...

Well done "Senior Teenager"! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
Amy-DT

Michelle said...

Wonderful card!

Thanks for joining us this week @ Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge! Hope to see you back soon :)