Sunday, 14 February 2016

Morning and HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

Morning all,

Hope you all got lots of Valentines Day cards to show you how much you are loved.

Got cracking early yesterday with the crafting and ideas just kept popping in to my head ... I was chatting electronically with a pal and planning a card based on "POP" and/or "NUMBERS" and couldn't get another sympathy card out of my head! Don't you find life is like that sometimes? So, off I went to make that ....

My One Layer Card
And a closer view
My insert and envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 9½ x 13½cm white card panel
  • Clearly Inspired coneflower image stamped using Versafine smokey grey ink ... stamped a second time on to a post it which I then cut out and used as a mask
  • Acid Drops and Whatnots frame stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Tsukineko Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen used to highlight the coneflower with a subtle twinkle
  • Crystal stickles used to highlight the frame

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 263 - OLC - featuring STEMS, 2nd entry
  2. 4 Crafty Chicks - challenge No. 285 - BLING .... I hope glitter on a sombre card counts
  3. Cards for Galz - challenge No. 15 - FANTASTIC FLORALS
  4. Addicted to CAS - challenge No. 81 - BLOOM

And then ..... this one popped in to my head ...

My Christmas card
And a closer view to show the sheen and twinkle
And the insert and envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 9½ x 13½cm white card panel
  • Snippets of gold and white card
  • Crafty Individuals CI-141 image/sentiment stamped with Brilliance thyme ink
  • Tsukineko Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen and Copic Atyou Spica red glitter pen used to bling up the image
  • Using the Brilliance thyme ink I applied the ink (DTP method) to the larger snippet before stamping the Inkylicious "Santa's Sleigh trail" image with the Tsukineko Delicata golden glitz ink around the outer edge and then adhering the smaller snippet at a jaunty angle!

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Craftbubble 2½ (membership required) - January-February Rudolph Day challenge - CHRISTMAS SONGS OR CAROLS, I went wit the obvious ... "Deck the halls"
  2. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 216 - SNIPPETS challenge
  3. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas challenge extra - February challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Sweet Stamping - February 13th challenge - CLEAN AND SIMPLE
  5. That Craft Place - February 14th challenge - ANYTHING GOES

And, guess what? Still not got round to making that "POP" and/or "numbers" make!!! - maybe later! Have a great Sunday

25 comments:

lilian said...

great cards mate Love the stamp on the first card,

Lilian

SARN said...

Yeah, but you've made two SUPER cards there Kathy.

You KNOW I'm going to like the top card best though, don't you!!!

I did get a bouquet of flowers earlier in the week as my Husband refuses to be told WHEN he should buy me flowers. Also got a Valentines Day card. Dunno who it's from though!!!! LOL!

Happy Sunday.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Hannelie said...

So lovely Kathy! I Love the decorated envelopes! It adds a real special touch!

Sharon said...

WOW! Both are beautiful cards but .... I love that top card. It is so classy and elegant!
Sharon xx

Zoe Sanderson said...

Kathy this is Fab, popped right out to me at LIM. Been thinking of doing a black and white challenge! keep your eyes peeled you know where. XOXO Zoe

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Beautiful cards Kathy!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Chrissie said...

Love this flower image Kathy... super card!
Thanks again!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Valerie Nolan said...

Stunning sympathy card Kathy, love that stamp!
Val x

Barb said...

Two lovely cards Kathy. I really like the sentiment and font of the second.

I only got one card! but I did get some choccies then he went out to an electronics show for the day! hehe I'm watching footie and drinking Guinness. Happy Valentine's Day. Barbxx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

2 stunning makes Kathy and loving that gorgeous floral stamp in particular!
It simply pops off the page. Thanks for playing along this week at Less is More.
Sarah

Susan said...

Two beautiful cards, Kathy! I love the first card. I needed a sympathy card this week, and realized that's one area I rarely make cards for, so I need to make at least 2 or 3, so I don't have to make one when I "need" it!

Susan said...

Very elegant card. Thank you for joining us at ATCAS!

Gerrina said...

Two beautiful cards! That flower in grey is stunning! I have the same sometimes; that an idea get's stuck and has to go on paper first...before I can go one with someting else... Hugs, Gerrina

Tina Henderson said...

Beautiful! I love how they sparkle! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week!
Tina- 4CC DT

Sharon said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz this week, hope to see you again soon
Hugs Sharon DT

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful cards, Kathy! I love how you stamp the envelope, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

Sue said...

Two beautiful cards, Kathy. The flower is so delicate and I like how you framed it. Fabulous Christmas card too, perfect for the Berries challenge.

Gay Peplow said...

Two totally lovely cards, Thank you for stopping by mine too :D x

Linby said...

Two very different but wonderful cards. Just love the delicacy of the first one, and you've reminded me of a card I made the other week but didn't blog.

Sid said...

Just loving your cards !!

Sammy said...

Beautiful. simple, yet effective. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

Anne said...

Really elegant make Kathy, great bit of masking.
Thanks so much for joining us for one layer week
Anne
"Less is More"

Fiona said...

lovely serene card - I love the choice of colorus

scrappymo! said...

Two wonderful cards! Love the stamps you used for both of them. The first is such a lovely, soft image...almost like a shadow...

The second one has that image popping off the page!

flossbite said...

Gorgeous cards, love how you've used the stamps! Thanks for joining in the fun at Crafty Hazelnuts this month.
Hugs
Fiona DT xx