Sunday, 28 February 2016

Morning and welcome to another of those lazy Sunday mornings

Morning

Here we are, another Sunday morning and, with all the activity of the week, I'm hoping we're due a day off - from the decorating .. yeah, like THAT'S gonna happen - these walls won't paper themselves!. 

Got up yesterday with a WICKED bad back and was on the fabulous cocktail one part paracetymol and two parts ibuprofen!!! Sadly, stayed with me until bedtime .. just hoping it will magically have disappeared by this morning. Sadly, NOT the case, still as bad as yesterday - I feel a trip to see my physio may be on the cards! Whoop de doo!

Still, as you might expect - you can't keep a keen crafter away from her Table of Craftiness so, I have a couple of things to share with you. I recently stumbled across a sketch which inspired my imagination. Now, knowing that the new issue of Craft Stamper was going to have the fabulous INKognito flower stamp (in miniature) did NOT help me as I wanted to make the card THEN> Wouldn't you know, no sooner was the Mark I finished than the postie arrived with the Craft Stamper...... 


My card
And the image in close up, including the sparkle
 
The front/back and insert of my card, and front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 9½ x 13½cm
  • A large-ish snippet of neon green card for matting with a 1.6mm border
  • Visible Image INKognito flower stamped using Versafine onyx black and smokie grey inks, I also stamped on to a post it which I then cut out and used as a mask
  • Deep Red grungey border stamped using Hero Arts neon pink and orange inks
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using Hero Arts neon green ink
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Hero Arts neon blue ink
  • Crystal stickles to highlight




Armed with the mini version I set to - to see if I was right about the scale .... see what you think ...


My card
 

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 9 x 13cm - from half a sheet of A4 card so, another snippet!
  • Two pieces of neon pink card cut (from a large snippet) to mat with a 1.6mm border
  • Visible Image mini INKognito flower stamped using Versafine onyx black ink and also on to a post it which I cut out to use as a mask.
  • Visible Image stem (from the full size INKognito flower) stamped using Hero Arts neon pink and green
  • Costco wood mounted dotty stamp (from a scrap booking kit) inked up with Hero Arts neon orange ink and randomly stamped
  • JOFY sentiment from JOFY14 stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink




Whilst I really like the first card I do think the proportions work better on the second and I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. CAS Colours and Sketches - challenge No. 162 - SKETCH - see below
  2. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 218 - SNIPPETS CHALLENGE
  3. Seize the Birthday - February 25th challenge - ANYTHING (Birthday) GOES
  4. The Craft Barn - Two weekly challenge - CLEAN and SIMPLE WITH A FLOWER
  5. Twofers - challenge No. 14 - ANYTHING GOES


Woo Hoo! Found out last evening that I won over at the Twofers challenge blog . . . for my entry for their numbers challenge (#13), thanks so much peeps ... and I won with the card below. The prize? An awesome $20 gift certificate from AlleyStamps ... I've e-mailed them, just waiting to hear how to redeem my prize! YAY! Already spent that amount (and more) in my head!


 
I won here ..... ...........................................and with this card

I won $20 to spend here!

20 comments:

lilian said...

Congratulations on your wins mate.

You are so right the smaller flower works a lot better. Great cards,

Lilian

scrappyjacky said...

Love how these have turned out.

Jane said...

I'm thinking that magazine is going to be a complete sell out as we all hotfoot it to the newsagent this month. Both cards are fabulous, but that mini is just so cute! Thanks for playing with us at CC&S. I hope your back is all fine now.

Debs M said...

Great cards ans stamps, well done on your win and hope your back is easing up slightly x

Di said...

Well done on the win Kathy! Great card. And I do agree that your snippets card is better proportioned - but if I'd seen them separately wouldn't have thought anything about it! Wonderful design and such great colours too - love how you picked out the lime green.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground!

Hugs

Di xx

Di said...

PS. Meant to say, I feel for you with the back issues and hope it improves soon!

xxx

Clare Lloyd said...

Hope your back pain eases very soon. Fab card...u can't beat a bit of neon!

Zoe Sanderson said...

These rock and Pop. I'm a little afraid of neon colours but your teaming them with black is brilliant. Lovely to see you again at Twofers. XOXO Zoe

Jane Willis said...

Oh dear, I've just added the magazine to my shopping list - I'll blame you of course! I think both versions of the card are stunning, but the extra white space you get with the smaller image makes it more CAS and elegant. Thanks for joining us at Twofers
Jane

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Congratulations on your win Kathy! The card with the mini flower is just lovely, very striking. Hope you'll be on the mend soon.

Love and hugs
Maarit

SARN said...

Love both VI flower cards equally.

Congrats on yr win mate.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Barb said...

Congratulations on your win Kathy. Your card looks lovely. I like the sparkle. I wouldn't have noticed it was smaller if I'd not seem them side by side. Barbxx

Sharon said...

Congratulations on your win Kathy; totally well deserved with that fab card.
Today's makes are another couple of sensational cards. Perfect sparkle too.
The big flower version is great but IMHO I think you were right about the scale.
I totally adore the small one.
Sharon xx

karen h said...

Cool card! Love the art feel! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Viv's Visuals said...

Congrats on the win Kathy! Love these cards..the small flower gets the top vote tho'! x

Beverley said...

Love the grunge style and how you have kept it CAS. Congrats on your win and hope you are soon feeling better. Thanks for playing along at CC&S this week. Hugs Bev x

Caro Thomas said...

Beautiful flower and I agree that the smaller version suits it better. Very striking colours and style, great job! Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week. Caro x

Je@net said...

Beautiful cards, Kathy. Ans I just love the matching envelopes!

Skylark said...

Time ran away with me for commenting last week! Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at CC&S featuring such a wonderful stamp! Stef x

Jodene said...

Very pretty card, and I love the background colours you have chosen! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)