Saturday, 6 February 2016

Welcome to another Challenge Saturday post ...

Hi there readers,

Many of you will know that I bought a Candy Box MDF box a while ago .... in January I started work on it, painting the inside and then assembling it. It then sat, a little neglected for a few days, whilst I ordered more black paint as mine had solidified beyond redemption! Once it was painted black inside and out the poor project sat once again, neglected. Whilst chatting with a friend recently I challenged her to start sorting out her photos and she challenged me to finish my Candy Box Crafts project - challenge accepted!

The finished box
  
The two ends
 The front

The Top

Materials used:
  • Candy Box Crafts MDF box
  • Gesso
  • Black acrylic Paint
  • Cosmic Shimmer glue (for assembly)
  • Nut and Wingnut (from hardware store) for handle
  • Watercolour paper (300gsm)
  • Brusho's: black, white, turquoise, leaf green
  • Water spritzer
  • Ranger Archival jet black and Tsukineka Delicata Golden Glitz inks
  • Images: Dylusions alphabet, Art Journey droplets, Ditzies Designs "Art is from the heart", Art Impressions framed "ART" and Chocolate Baroque "Wisteria Lane"
  • Signo Uniball white gel pen, to add highlights
  • Claudine Hellmuth multi medium matte gel - to seal and protect the water based paints

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. We love to Create (pan pastels) - challenge No. 3 - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES
  2. Creative Artiste - challenge No. 11 - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES


In case you were wondering .... the inspiration for the above box decoration came about because I already  have some boxes (made in early 2015) using the same colour scheme (and the wingnut configuration) and wanted this project to co-ordinate ... here they are again.


My previous two projects, which I wanted to "co-ordinate"

And now ... it's the FIFTH birthday of the Simply Less Is More challenge blog - I can't believe I've been following them for five years - haven't missed many either!! However, before I share this make I'd like to say (in my defence) the light this morning is TOTAL PANTS for photographing White on White ....... hope you can see the details sufficiently ...

My card
And a closer view of the twinkly embossing powder
You can hardly see it but the image has been stamped on the envelope using Platinum Planet ink
Materials used:

  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two white card panels cut to 9½ x 13½cm, one of which was run through my Big Shot tucked safely inside a Swiss Dots embossing folder
  • Snippets of card in white and silver mirri card (LIM rules say touches of black or metallic are allowed)
  • Chocolate Baroque (from the new set recently acquired "Wisteria Lane") stamped using Versamark ink and heat embossed with WOW! white puff twinkle embossing powder

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-

  1. Simply Less Is More - Happy 5th Birthday challenge - WHITE ON WHITE
  2. Addicted to CAS - challenge No. 81 - BLOOM
  3. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 102 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Fussy and Fancy - challenge No. 156 - Monochrome .. hope the tiny amount of metallic won't invalidate this entry

HAPPY FIFTH BLOGVERSARY SIMPLY LESS IS MORE


Regular readers will recall that I swap ATC materials with a buddy on the Isle of Skye - received my latest materials yesterday and, this time, remembered to photograph the incoming ATC made with the materials I sent last letter ...


I sent these materials to my trading card buddy
 
She made not one but TWO ATC's using them. Above right was my original ATC


And these are the materials she has sent me .... any suggestions?


Raffia lengths, hessian and an image panel already coloured


23 comments:

Debs M said...

The candy box looks great - well done on the wow card I always found those really tricky! Good luck with the atc x

lilian said...


Love the candy box mate. Great looking card. Love the white on white,

Hope you find something to do with your ATC.

lilian

Ann Mulroy said...

I just soooo love your candy box's.
Your so clever Kathy.

Lauren Hatwell said...

That candy box is a triumph matey. Love the wing nut fastener on the top. What a lovely touch that is! Great ATC's and it's nice to see what your swap buddy made too. I love that Time Traveller set. Best of luck with your pretty LIM entry too. Lx

SARN said...

Well I totally agree with Lauren about your candy box being a triumph.
Your W.O.W card looks great too despite the poor light.

Good luck with your IOS ATC materials.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Chrissie said...

Super work Kathy!
WHat a lovely WOW card!
Thanks so much for your continued support over the years!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Clare Lloyd said...

Your candy box is beautiful, great white on white card too.

Sharon said...

Amazing makes today Kathy. Adoring the Candy box; it's a real work of Art with a capital 'A'. Love the LIM card too. It is so graceful.
Sharon xx

Barb said...

Your box is amazing Kathy. It's a real work of art. The white on white card looks very pretty. That's some going to keep it up for five years, real dedication. What a fun idea the ATC challenge is with your friend. Lovely ATCs from you both. Barbxx

Andree said...

Your candy box looks amazing. I love the colours and the stamps you've used. The overall effect is wonderful.
Thank you for joining in with the February challenge "Anything Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media and good luck x

Gerrina said...

Wow that box looks so good! A real eyecatcher in the room and so handy!
Your LIM-card is a beauty again; love the white embossed flowers!
What a fun idea to be challenged in so many ways, also with the ATC's; it keeps the idea's flowing...
Have a fun and colourfull week!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Ooozing elegance Kathy. love your embossing and shimmering too.
Great to see you've joined our Bloom challenge at ATCAS as well as the LIM birthday challenge. Sarah

Valerie Nolan said...

Lovely WOW card Kathy even with the poor light, never good at this time of year! Fab box I'm in awe of all tahe different projects you create. I've never made any ATC's till this afternoon!
Val x

Loll said...

Wow! Your candy box is really amazing Kathy!! I LOVE this design and colours and admired your earlier makes last year. Great job completely the box ... I know it must have been a lot of work. xx

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Such lovely creations! THe embossed white flower is stunning. Thank you for sharing with us at ATCAS!

Anne said...

LOVE that box Kathy!
Your white embossed flower is so elegant, super WOW card.
Thanks so much for joining our 5th birthday challenge
Anne
"Less is More"

Linby said...

Love the box decoration. I sometimes put off things like that because I don't want to "get it wrong" in fact I've got one waiting now, I should just get on with it.
Love your wow, so elegant. Good luck with the ATC.

Neets B said...

Ooh, a post packed full of crafty goodness, there's no end to your talents, Kathy. Loving your white on white, the embossed image is beautiful and I love the sparkle.
Thanks so much for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Diane said...

Great post ....so many interesting things to look at, loved all your projects and wonderful white on white card ...."simply" beautiful x 😊

EdenLand Designs said...

You really nailed the WOW card!!! And your candy box......I'm speechless, it's GORGEOUS!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Fingers this time!
Susan DT

Ceal said...

Beautiful card! thanks for joining us at ATCAS!

Wheelie Crafty said...

Gorgeous Mixed media Project and I love the wingnut and that you are co-ordinating with your previous made storage.. Thank you so much for entering our challenge over at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog, we hope to see you join in again...

Hugs Rhonda DT & Owner
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk

Debbie said...

Your creation is gorgeous
thanks for joining our challenge at
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk
Debbie DT