Wednesday, 3 February 2016

Welcome to another hump day Wednesday

Morning peeps,

Welcoming new follower, Sandy, thanks for stopping by - hope to see you again real soon.

How's the week coming along? I hope it's going well .. mine's going great guns and I met up with a crafting buddy yesterday, nice to catch up in person Debbie and I can't wait to see what you do with those spoons! We nipped to the outlet mall and had lunch at Ed's Diner too ... even managed a little light retail therapy of the crafting variety (much at half price!) ...... it was so nice to be able to chat over lunch and coffee, the time simply flew.


 


Many regular (and some occasional) readers will know that I swap ATC materials with a buddy on the Isle of Skye ..... well, I set to thinking about a future project and whilst I had the super Cityscapes stamp set out I thought maybe I could run up a project ....

Here's my make, yes, you're right ..... I DID slightly mis-place the mask but ..
having added colour it almost looks deliberate with the light "haze" - that's my excuse anyway!
And the duplicate materials to mail to my swap buddy:
Two stamped images, one stamped sentiment and an ATC blank
Materials I used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of navy card
  • Snippet of white card on to which I stamped the Stampers Anonymous Cityscapes image using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink. I stamped the image a second time on to a post it which I then cut out and used as a mask (hence the 2nd copy for my trading card buddy ... she can use one as a mask of decoupage - her choice)
  • Distress Inks: fossilised amber, tumbled glass, salty ocean, seedless preserves, stormy sky - applied with an egg shaped sponge
  • Water flicked over the image using my finger, allowed to develop and then blotted with paper towel
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using Tsukineko Delicata golden glitz ink (with the mask still in place)
  • Various alcohol markers to add a little colour and interest to the stamped cityscape
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Visible Image mini flourish (Craft Stamper freebie) stamped around the edge of the navy card using the Delicata ink

Be really interesting to see what comes back from Pam when she sees this lot!

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Crazy4challenges - challenge No. C4C321 - DOWN UNDER
  2. Addicted to Stamps - challenge No. 119 - ANYTHING (with a stamp) GOES
  3. AMUSING - challenge No. 26 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Avenue 613 - challenge No. 161 - ANYTHING GOES - option: USE YOUR STASH

Since it's February I thought I should knuckle down and make a Valentine's Day card for my own particular Valentine!


My card
And a closer view of the sparkle
And my insert and the rear of the envelope
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13.5cm square white card panels for front and insert
  • 14cm square raspberry red card panels ---- " ----
  • Snippets of card in white, raspberry and black
  • Dyan Reaveley heart trio stamped on to white snippet using Versamark ink and PSX red tinsel embossing powder heat embossed
  • Hero Arts scribble heart image stamped around the image panel using Memento rhubarb stalk ink
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using Delicata golden glitz ink
  • Crystal stickles to highlight
  • Crafty Impressions sentiment stamped using Memento grey flannel ink

I'll be entering this make for the following challenges:-
  1. Eureka - challenge No. 178 - ADD SOME SPARKLE
  2. Stamplorations - February challenge  - CASe THIS CARD ... see below - red through to gold and hearts
  3. AAA Cards - challenge No. 57 - LOVE ME LIKE YOU DO
  4. Paper Artsy - challenge No. 2 - HEARTS
  5. Addicted to CAS - challenge No. 80 - RED
  




And now, since it IS What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday .. here's a sneaky peek at my desk ..




And finally, it's a pal's birthday today so ....

to Naomi

14 comments:

lilian said...

I just love the Australian stamp mate and a really great card.

I know your own valentine will love the card.

Great work desk Kathy,

Lilian

SARN said...

Fabulous ATC and I like the look of your shopping trip too!

Happy WOYWW.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

SARN said...

Oops! Neglected to mention I think your Valentine's card is COOL! Just right for the Mr. xxx

Debs M said...

Fab atc and valentines card, love those scribble hearts. Thanks for a great day yesterday , Kintbury is about 30 miles away and Grimsby is about 3 1/2 hrs away x

Barb said...

You do have some fun days out with friends Kathy. I like that little Jofy stamp. Two lovely cards. The valentine for your Hubby is a cracker. Barbxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Great stash. Glad to hear you had a good day. You HAVE been busy. I am seriously thinking I need those Citiscape stamps. They are so cool! Lovely valentines card. I'm sure Mr K will LOVE it. Lx

Doni High said...

Super special Valentine Card with all the sparkles and red tinsel embossing.Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

Anita in France said...

Cool cityscape, Kathy ... and such a sweet and shimmery Valentine! Delighted to have you playing along and CASEing my card at CASEplorations! Anita :)

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Such a sweet Valentine's card! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS

crafty-stamper said...

Great ATC and love the light haze and splatters -love the Valentine card too---Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
Carol DT x

Jenny Colacicco said...

Wow love the atc!! Your valentines card is very pretty - love the layout and the stamping of the three hearts and woo matching envelope!!! Thanks for sharing at aaa cards!

Bad Kitty said...

Your card is very beautiful !
Thank you for joining us at Eureka stamps!
Good Luck and hope to see you again.
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<

karalschuknecht said...

Beautiful valentine card. Thanks for joining us this week at Eureka Stamps. Karal DT

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome inspired card -- perfect for a guy! Thanks for joining in at the CASEplorations~