We went out yesterday because we had to ... Costco! For hubby's eye test! We had three things on the list which I "shopped" for whilst he had his sight test .. they were out of filter coffee!!!! Crumbs, has there been a run on coffee in this area? Where's it all gone?
Whilst stuck indoors in the recent "squalls" it seemed like a great opportunity to craft .. now, I have a few meetings this year, for craft purposes, and will be meeting lots of new people and hubby has recently taken delivery of a box of name badges, which set me thinking ...... since I'm known as Kathyk on some forums and blogs and the Purple Princess in other places too I thought I'd crack on and make a purple name badge ..... featuring both!
|My name badge / ATC!|
|And a close up view which I hope shows the granular and twinkly nature of the glass bead glitter gel|
- ATC blank
- Cosmic shimmer iridescent purple violet water colour paint colour washed background and then sponged through a Stamposaurus mini squares stencil
- Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using Memento grape jelly ink
- Dylusions alphabet stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- Visible Image mini flourish (Craft Stamper Freebie) stamped using Delicata golden glitz ink
- Signo Uniball white gel pen, to accentuate angles of the letters
- Faber Castell glass bead glitter gel applied using a metal spatula through a TCW brick stencil
- Stamplorations - February challenge - STENCILLED MIXED MEDIA
- We Love 2 Create (Pan Pastels) - challenge No. 3 - ANYTHING CREATIVE AND MIXED MEDIA GOES
- Glitter 'n Sparkle - challenge No. 174 - FIREWORKS or GLITTER ... lots of twinkle from the glass bead glitter gel
- Sweet Stamps - February challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- Country View Crafts - February challenge - MAKE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND
|As messy as ever|
|And I'm making headway with my spoon!|
- One spoon
- White gesso
- White acrylic paint
- Visible Image "Molly Rules" - just stamped the eyes .. then outlined them using a Faber Castell Pitt Pen "S" thickness
- Blue Promarker to add colour
The wire? Well that MIGHT turn in to the hair ... it's a little something I'm working on right now!