Wednesday, 10 February 2016

Welcome to another What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday ....

Morning all,

Hope your week is coming along well and that you haven't been too badly impacted by the horrible storms earlier this week, what are we up to now? Henry? ... No, Imogen just blew through bringing winds of between 70 - 80mph??? Crikey, if you've still got the dregs then do take care out there.

We went out yesterday because we had to ... Costco! For hubby's eye test! We had three things on the list which I "shopped" for whilst he had his sight test .. they were out of filter coffee!!!! Crumbs, has there been a run on coffee in this area? Where's it all gone?

Whilst stuck indoors in the recent "squalls" it seemed like a great opportunity to craft .. now, I have a few meetings this year, for craft purposes, and will be meeting lots of new people and hubby has recently taken delivery of a box of name badges, which set me thinking ...... since I'm known as Kathyk on some forums and blogs and the Purple Princess in other places too I thought I'd crack on and make a purple name badge ..... featuring both!


My name badge / ATC!
And a close up view which I hope shows the granular and twinkly nature of the glass bead glitter gel

Materials used:-
  • ATC blank
  • Cosmic shimmer iridescent  purple violet water colour paint colour washed background and then sponged through a Stamposaurus mini squares stencil
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using Memento grape jelly ink
  • Dylusions alphabet stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Visible Image mini flourish (Craft Stamper Freebie) stamped using Delicata golden glitz ink
  • Signo Uniball white gel pen, to accentuate angles of the letters
  • Faber Castell glass bead glitter gel applied using a metal spatula through a TCW brick stencil 

It's an ATC / name badge which will be coming in handy several times this year! and, at the end of it I can still use it as a mixed media ATC! .... I'm not sure a name badge would spring to everyone's mind for mixed media but it was fun to make.

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Stamplorations - February challenge - STENCILLED MIXED MEDIA
  2. We Love 2 Create (Pan Pastels) - challenge No. 3 - ANYTHING CREATIVE AND MIXED MEDIA GOES 
  3. Glitter 'n Sparkle - challenge No. 174 - FIREWORKS or GLITTER ... lots of twinkle from the glass bead glitter gel
  4. Sweet Stamps - February challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Country View Crafts - February challenge - MAKE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND



And now, since it IS WOYWDW ... here's a sneaky peek at my desk ...


As messy as ever
And I'm making headway with my spoon!

Materials used:
  • One spoon
  • White gesso
  • White acrylic paint
  • Visible Image "Molly Rules" - just stamped the eyes .. then outlined them using a Faber Castell Pitt Pen "S" thickness
  • Blue Promarker to add colour

The wire? Well that MIGHT turn in to the hair ... it's a little something I'm working on right now!


12 comments:

lilian said...

Love the name badge mate, Spoon looking good.
I have thought about making a name badge,

Lilian

SARN said...

Totally AWESOME name badge mate!
xxx

Debs M said...

Great badge and fab idea with the eyes on the spoon!

Angela Radford said...

Hi Kathy, nice to meet you and thanks for joining my followers, naturally I have reciprocated and will be checking out what you are up to. Pleased you liked my project today. Messy desks work good for me and love the spoon. When I saw the post title I thought you were from our WOYWW group but now I realise you're not. If you are interested in joining our Wednesday group the address is here
http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/whats-on-your-workdesk-wednesday-349.html
Take a look, everyone's welcome. Happy crafting, Angela x

Barb said...

Hi Kathy, I think your name tag is great. I love that font and all the glitter of cause. The spoon is looking good. Love those eyes! Barbxx

Robyn said...

love your name badge! and your desk so creatively piled! LOL!
robyn 2

Viv said...

Great name badge kathy and nice to see lots of art going on with your desk too ;) Viv xx

Cara said...

Fab idea to make a name tag and such a cool one at that! Cara x

Claire said...

Gorgeous project, love the sparkle from the gel! Cute spoon too lol. Thanks so much for joining our 'Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes Challenge over at We Love 2 Create
Claire xx

Lee-Anne said...

Now isn't this cool? Love the purple, Kathy! Such a creative idea! So happy you could join us at the STAMPlorations/ARTplorations Mixed Media Challenge!

rachel said...

Beautiful background Kathy - lovely name badge! Thanks for joining us at Countryview challenges this month and good luck. Hugs rachel x

Carol said...

Beautiful work Kathy! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations Stencil Sunday last month. Carol DT x