Wednesday, 9 March 2016

Gosh, Wednesday again!

Morning all,

I'd like to welcome my latest follower, Cara, thanks for stopping by and following me, hope you will stop by again soon

How's your week coming along?

Me? Well, yesterday was busy .. phone chat with a pal yesterday morning, as soon as I was done chatting it was off to physio before heading home for a quick lunch and then to the hairdressers!!! YIKES! So, I feel better this morning .. but a little bruised!

Today? I'm packing! . . . . . I'm off to the coast (or close to, anyway) as I'm spending a couple of days visiting Sarn and we plan to chat, craft, chat, shop, chat - you get the idea??? Wish me luck with finding my way there (and back, of course) and wish hubby luck as he's staying home to finish off the moving back in to the two rooms adversely affected by our recent "decoratathon"!!! I am soooooooo getting the best of THAT deal!

Anyhoo, a little blog hop brought me to the CASonSunday sketch and I liked the look of it so I have not one but two cards to share with you today ... very similar but different techniques deployed

My card
FABULOUS with foil
The inside and envelope front
Front and back of the card and the back of the envelope
Materials used:
  • White, C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 9 x 13cm plus snippets
  • Two pieces of red card cut to mat the above with a 1.6mm border + snippet for matting
  • Personal Impressions parcel image stamped using Delicata golden glitz ink
  • Die cut in to a circle and the red card die cut in to a slightly larger scalloped circle
  • Using IndigoBlu flitter glue I stamped my Inkadinkado snowflake flourish and then applied gold foiling 
  • Hero Arts sentiments stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink


Stamps used and that gorgeous Delicata ink
I'll be entering this make for the following challenges:-
  1. CASonSunday - challenge No. 78 - SKETCH - see below
  2. Addicted to CAS - challenge No. 83 - GIFT
  3. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 271 - VINTAGE or ANYTHING CHRISTMAS
  4. Jingle Belles - March 4th challenge - LAYER IT ON ME (min 3 layers) ... my make has 4
  5. Craftbubble 2½ (membership required) Jan/Feb Rudolph Day challenge - I went with "Snow is falling"

So ... I tried it with Delicata golden glitz ink instead of the gilding foils - which do you prefer?


Still pretty fabulous with the gold ink too
And in close up
 
And the ancillaries ... insides and envelopes

And now, since it IS What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday .. here's the mess that is my work space!



As always, needs a darn good tidy up!

I found out yesterday that I made TOP 3 over at Cardz4Guyz too, challenge #109 .... with this card - thanks peeps


  

28 comments:

lilian said...

Great cards Kathy,
Love your make on the sketch

Lilian

glitterandglue said...

Well done, Kathy. Some great cards there. I don't think I have a favourite - they are both so lovely!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #1

SARN said...

Well, I looked hard, but I can't choose between them . . . they are both FABULOUS.

Really looking forward to seeing you . . . hope that back eases a little. Safe journey mate.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Vicky Fisher said...

Congratulations with your 3rd place. I love how you decorated the envelopes and the insides of the cards. Just read your profile and you're so wright, every man should have a hobby too, luckily mine found one a couple of months ago, DJ, the only thing now is we share a space so sometimes its hard to concentrate and I miss the quiet. Happy WOYWW from Vicky#8

Cara said...

Congratulations on your top three and thank you very much for my warm welcome. I can't decide between the cards, they're both stunning. I hope you enjoy your trip, don't let Sarn lead you astray! Have a great week, Cara x

Lynsey McGreavey said...

Hi Kathy,

Great Cards - love what you did with the sketch layout! so pretty! Lyns #26 xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

It sure flies round doesn't it. Congrats on being placed with your fab card over at Cards4Men. Loving those pretty snowflakes on today's card too. Lx

Marit said...

Spending days with a friend and doing what you intent to do are the best times of our lives! Enjoy enjoy!!! I love how you interpret the sketch into a lovely card (but seeing a X-mas card in MArch still is a bit weird to me...) Happy woyww and a hug from Holland, Marit #34

Sharon said...

Very pretty cards. I hope you have fun on your visit and get lots of crafting done.

Have a great week
Sharon K #48

Diane Futrell said...

Cute card. Love the matching envelope.
Diane - WOYWW #38

lauren bergold said...

very cool holiday card, and a fab use of deliciously SPARKLY layers! so happy you could join our JINGLE BELLES fun!

Angela Radford said...

Great cards so clean, love them. Thank you so much for the visit to mine and happy woyww, Angela x 19

Caz said...

Great cards!
Enjoy your time away with your friend chatting/crafting/shopping!
Happy WOYWW
Caz
#56

Craftyrose said...

Great work my lovely. It's definitely cold enough for Christmas cards today and not the Easter Bunny type cards! xx
Enjoy your trip. xx

Sharon said...

Lovely Christmassy makes Kathy, just can't decide which looks best. Sorry, no help there am I? Good luck finding your way to your friends and have a great time. Love your desk! And congrats on the top 3 placing.
Happy WOYWW
Sharon xx #50

SmilynStef said...

Love the shimmery glimmer ... have fun on your little holiday ... thanks so much for bundling-up with us at jingle belles.

Di said...

Great cards as always Kathy! Have a fun time with Sarn and safe travelling.

Hugs

Di xx

Debs M said...

Great cards and liking the sketch. Well done on your win and hope you have a fab time with Sarn - safe travels x

Susan said...

Good for you working on your Christmas cards already! Pretty cards, thanks for playing along at CAS On Sunday!

Sue - said...

Two great cards Kathy - I think the foiled one wins by a pipsqueak! Have a fabulous time with Sarn.

SusanLotus said...

Very elegant Christmas cards. And I love the envelopes.

Sussie, nr 44 WOYWW, sorry for being late...

Anne L said...

Belated wwoyd the sketch you worked is great and your cards are stunning trully stunning. Have fun on your trip }Anne L

Anne L said...

Belated wwoyd the sketch you worked is great and your cards are stunning trully stunning. Have fun on your trip }Anne L

Ksenija Rizova said...

Oh, I love gold foil. I can imagine how beautiful it is in person. Thanks so much for playing along at Addicted to CAS.

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Such lovely set of cards! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous cards, Kathy! I love how you incorporated all the gold...bet they look amazing IRL, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

Anja Curvers said...

Such a gorgeous card love it. Thanks for joining us over ATCAS on sunday and ATCAS.

Deepti said...

This is so elegant, thank you for sharing with ATCAS