Friday, 25 March 2016

It's RUDOLPH DAY!

Morning readers,

Today sees my second outing of three as a Guest member of the Design Team over at the Rudolph Challenge on the blog Scraps of Life run by Maureen. I was delighted to step up for this as I make a fair number of Christmas projects and making them through the year ensures no last minute panics! Well, that's THE PLAN anyway. The R.D. challenge will run from today until the end of the month, so you have a few days to get your entry in! GOOD LUCK!

Want to see what Maureen and my other Guest teamies made? Then please, pop over to the Scraps of Life blog here and check out the talent! OR check out the blogs of my fellow guest teamies over at Scraps of Life too:
  1. Berina
  2. Jane
  3. Sam
And, without further ado, here is my card ..

My card
Showing the twinkle 
Some dimension and texture, bot not too much that it becomes a LARGE postage rate project
 
The inside and outside of my card and the front and back of the envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • One piece each of plain and ribbed white card cut to 9½ x 13½cm
  • One piece of red card cut to mat, with a 1.6mm border
  • Snippets of card in the white, black and red
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle tall snowman stamped on to a snippet of white card using Memento tuxedo black (also on to the insert, reverse of card blank and the front and reverse of the envelope ... as you see above)
  • Alcohol markers, Copic Atyou Spica glitter pens and Wink of Stella glitter brush pens used to colour
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle sentiments stamped using Memento tuxedo black, cut out and matted on the front of my card and stamped directly on the insert, reverse of card and envelope
  • Faber Castell glass bead glitter gel applied over the ribbed card
My fab images from Sparkle 'n Sprinkle

I'll also be entering this make for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas challenge - challenge No. 273 - CUTE or ANYTHING CHRISTMAS
  2. Craftbubble2½ (membership required) - Rudolph Day challenge - USE FABRIC AND/OR TEXTURE ... my layers have added texture and so has my glass bead glitter gel
  3. ABC of Christmas - March challenge - F is for FRILLS or NO FRILLS and we have to explain why ... mine is no frills as I LOVE the more CAS approach
  4. Holly Jolly Christmas challenge - challenge No. 68 - USE YOUR STASH - I've used a much loved stamp and my new fave texture product - glass bead glitter gel, along with SNIPPETS which (all too often) simply accumulate in a box!

On Wednesday my hubby's car had to go in to the garage for what we hoped was some very minor warranty work ..... the garage loaned us a car and we headed out for the day ..... yes, it DID involve lunch.


Lunch at the Sally Pussey Inn
Then a walk around the duck pond in Devizes
And this handsome fellow posed for me!
I was also well pleased to find out that one of my cards was picked to be featured in the TOP 5 over at Southern Girls, my thanks to Alethea for picking my card. The card I entered is shown below right


 


And now ... it's also time for the Friday Funny which, this week, comes to you courtesy of Wynneth. ENJOY! It's a little irreverent so, if you are easily offended please do NOT read on.


A 54 year old woman had a heart attack and was taken to hospital. While on the operating table she had a near death experience and seeing God she asked "Is my time up?" 

God said "No, you have another 43 years, 2 months and 8 days to live."        

Upon recovery, the woman decided to stay in the hospital and have a face-lift, liposuction, breast implants and a tummy tuck. She even had someone come in and change her hair colour and brighten her teeth since she had so much more time to live - she figured she might as well make the most of it.                     

After her last operation, she was released from the hospital and while crossing the road on her way home she was killed by an ambulance.    
             
Arriving in front of God, she demanded, "I thought you said I had another 43 years, 2 months and 8 days to live?”  Why didn't you pull me from out of the path of the ambulance?"    

God replied:  "I didn't recognize you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!."


I know it's SERIOUSLY weird mentioning Easter in what is essentially a Christmas themed post but, to those of you who celebrate it - A VERY HAPPY EASTER

25 comments:

Whisper said...

Oooo i so love your Snowmen, i must confess i have a real soft spot for them and am loving all the sparkle too, Luv Sam your fellow GDT x

lilian said...

I love those stamps mate. Loving the card and that snowman, Congrats on your top 5. The pictures are great

lilian

Debs M said...

fab pix and love that stamp set! Great ff too x

SARN said...

LOVE that long thin Snowman and the sentiment style is perfect too. Great Rudolph Day card.

Congrats on your Top 5 place too.

Chuckled at the Friday Funny, so thanks for that.

All my housework is done, so I'm free to craft for the rest of the weekend!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Hi Kathy. Thank for visiting and for letting me know that I'd linked to the wrong post. I got a little too excited and entered twice. No.8 is OK but I've asked Mo to delete No.9 when she gets chance. So it's not you, it's me as they say:) I love your card. The snow man looks like he's been on a serious diet and I think I need to find out what his secret is lol! I've just become your newest follower so that I can enjoy all of your future creations. Wishing you a happy Easter and lots of happy crafting x

Cara said...

Now that is a seriously cool snowman! That scarf is definitely worthy of Tom Baker in his Dr Who days. A great card. Cara x

Jane Willis said...

A lanky snowman, how brilliant! Super card, and I loved your joke too, and your photos. it must be 40 years since I last went to Devizes, although my husband still tells the dirty limerick he learned about it at school.

Jane

scrappymo! said...

Hi Kath. Thanks for fun and delightful card. I thought that snowman was so adorable, and loved his long, scarf. My youngest daughter and my grandaughter are learning to knit. They would be quite proud of themselves to finish something that long. They are settling for cowls at the moment!

Your non traditional colours look great and as always your attention to detail for the envelope and inside of your card is wonderful.

Thanks for providing such fab inspiration for the March Rudolph Days Challenge.

Berina RGA said...

Such a lovely card for Christmas. Love the tall snowman. The scarf looks gorgeous!
-Berina
Moxie Craftie

Sandy said...

Delightful absolutely delightful -- I love your design and I love, love, love this snowman. I collect snowmen stamps!
Kathy on my blog you said you liked my "make over" have no earthly idea what you meant and I think this is the first time I ever used this stamp. I definitely did not consider it a make over.
Sandy xx

Kathleen said...

Fabulous RD card, love that image, really made me smile, great card.
Thought you were showing us a photo of your bar, lol.

Kath x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Oh I do LOVE that gorgeous snowman. Fab card Mrs.

Great Friday Funny from Wynneth too.

Lx

LesleyG said...

Love your lanky snowman and all that glitters! Happy holidays xxx

Sandy said...

Love your card and I just gotta have this snowman -- he is a must!
Sandy xx

Greta said...

What a great snowman image & a gorgeous card, Kathy!

Carol L said...

YOur whimsical snowman looks so cute with that simple design! Fun card!

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 273 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for March - I'd love to see it there too x

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Super cute Snowman card Kathy. Love that image and such a wonderful sentiment too. Thanks for entering our challenge at Holly Jolly. Hope to see you again soon. Good Luck.
Lynn, Holly Jolly DT

MaryH said...

What a fun post, with a delicious Snowy card. He's one long tall drink-o-water kinda guy, and so daggoned cute! Love the way you've added his handsome self to your envvie too. Enjoyed the pictures and glad you had a nice outing. The joke was way too funny, and I hope your Easter was pleasant. And not full of rain as so many of the UK blogs I've visited, have been mentioning. Especially loved that handsome white swan...what a regal pose he assumed for his portrait. TFS & Hugs

Megan J said...

Hi Kathy, a beautifully sparkly Christmas card, thank you for the inspiration... have a wonderful week... Megan

Jenny L said...

Hi Kathy,
what a brilliant Rudolf DT card.
Love that super image, and all the lovely sparkle.
That image is very modern, and just what is popular at the mo.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Helen said...

Wonderful card - love the sparkle!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Sharon said...

This snowman is so brilliant! I love it! xx

Denise Goeldner said...

Fabulous snowman, love all the glitter added. Thanks for entering over at Holly Jolly Christmas, good luck and hope to see you again.
Denise DT

Sue - said...

VERY behind on my commenting so playing catch up today! Fab Rudolph Day card , love the tall skinny snowman!