Saturday, 26 March 2016

It's Saturday and that means challenge makes!

Hi there

First order of business will be to welcome my latest follower, Sandma, thanks for joining me - hope to see you again soon.

Secondly, and after a beautiful day yesterday, THIS is more like we expect at a Public Holiday - RAINING!!!! 

So, nothing for it but to switch on Sounds of the Sixties and craft .....  I've made my challenge card AND it uses NBUS (Never Before Used Stash) so Darnell would be proud of me for today. Lately I've moved well away from cutesie too so this is a bit of a change for me, but still CAS so don't panic! - wanna see?


My card
And a closer view to show the polka dot paper piecing
 
And here are shots of the front and back of the envelope along with
 the back, front and inside of my card

Materials used:

  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 9 x 13cm
  • Pink card and gold card cut to mat with a 1.6mm border
  • Snippet of pink card stamped using a Costco wood mounted spotty stamp and Memento rosebud ink
  • Julie Nutting image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink on to the image panel, insert, back of card and the front and back of envelope and additionally on to the stamped pink snippet which I thien fussy cut out but JUST the dress part of the image - to paper piece on my image panel
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped on all the above locations (except the pink snippet) using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Alcohol markers to colour the remainder of the image
  • Stardust stickles to add twinkle to the balloon




I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 269 - POLKA DOTS
  2. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 105 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Simply Papercraft for all occasions - challenge No. 26 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. 4CraftyChicks - challenge No. 291 - CLEAN AND SIMPLE

Have a great Easter weekend

27 comments:

lilian said...


Lovely card mate, another stamp I like. She is sweet, Great card

Lilian

Debs M said...

Great card, fab idea for the twinkly for the balloon x

SARN said...

Flipping heck, thought I'd come to wrong blog for a moment!!!!! Great looking card this mate. Pretty in pink xxx

Glittertastic said...

A lovely girly card Kathy!

Sharon
x

Ankie vd Polder said...

Charming card. HAve a nice weekend, Ankie

Lauren Hatwell said...

Cute card. Love the glitter. Happy Easter matey. Lx

Kimberley said...

Great 'girly' card Kathy - have a great Easter.

Gerrina said...

This is one not-too-cute stamp for me too...Love the subtile polkadots! Enjoy the Easterweekend!

My name is Wynneth said...

Now you just KNEW I'd love your colour scheme for this cute card didn't you missus LOL. love what you did with this image and such a lovely sparkly balloon, so pretty.

Hope you're enjoying your wet and wild Easter Saturday.

Luv
Wynneth
X

Clare Lloyd said...

Fab card kathy.

Kathleen said...

Great image and wonderful colouring, love the way you do your envelopes too.
If you like 80's music there is a good programme on Radio 2 on a Saturday night 10 -midnight sounds of the 80's - Sarah Cox.
Also I received an e-mail this morning which I think was actually meant for you, this is the content.

You are the one that should forgive me Kath – I am laughing now – you were saying my make, over at
And I read it as your make over -----
If I had brains I would take them out and play with them.

from Simply Sandy re RD

Kath x

Esther said...

How sweet! I love the polka dot dress - great touch!

Linby said...

Great take on the challenge and I have some Julie Nutting NBUS too! I like the sparkly balloon.
L x

Sid said...

Lovely pretty card !

Bananastamper said...

Such a fun card. Love her dotty skirt! Love how you stamped on your envelope too. I love making my envelopes pretty and matchy!
Cheers and Happy Easter!
Shanna :)

Maaike Uijthoven said...

super cute dress with dots and love the glitter on the balloon

Sarah Gray said...

Love the dotty dress and sparkly balloon - this is so fun, Kathy! Great to see you as always at Less Is More :)

Ann Tuck said...

Great idea to use paper piecing on this cute image! Love the extra sparkle too of course!

Craft-E-Place said...

Super card, Kathy.
Elaine

Kay Wallace said...

Now, here's a great card with attitude! Love this image and the polka dot dress is trendy, indeed! Well done!

Leanne said...

Great job, love the image and the Less is More! Nice glitter added to the balloon, very nice. Thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

Cheers, Leanne DT/4CC

Anne said...

Always love the way you match the envelope and insides Kathy and this is another super make, love her dotty dress.
Thanks so much for joining us this week and Happy Easter.
Anne
"Less is More"

Sharon said...

What a fab dotty dress and it is nice to see you do a cute card Kathy.
Sorry I'm a little late commenting but have had wifi issues whilst over in England.
Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More.
Sharon xx

Gay Peplow said...

Everyone needs a little cute sometimes :D Great card Kathy :D

Nance said...

Great CAS card! Love all the pink and how you decorated the envelope and everything! Thanks for playing with 4 Crafty Chicks this week! Nance, GDT

Chrissie said...

Cute dress Kathy and such a fun card!
Love those Polka dots!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful CAS card love the paper pieced dress and girly image--Thank you for joining us at Simply Papercrafts
Carol DT x