Monday, 28 March 2016

Monday and a Public Holiday .....

Which means more time to craft! Morning all!

I'd like to welcome my latest follower, MeganJ, thanks for stopping by, hope to see you again soon.

Hope you have been enjoying your Easter break, if not thrilled by the weather!!! What WAS yesterday all about? We had sunshine, rain, hail, grey and sunshine .... all in the space of about half an hour and then again periodically throughout the day! PLAINLY no point trying to go anywhere - do you take sunny's or umbrella's and a hard hat?!?!?!

Anyhoo, I recently took delivery of some Distress Crayons courtesy of the Craft Barn and their brilliant prices, so I thought it was time to play. It seemed like the last couple of journal pages all featured the same kind of colour scheme so I made a conscious effort to mix it up a little with this one - check it out

My finished page ... or is it? That's the thing with journalling .. it might NEVER be finished!
Closer view to show the delicata image and the stickles which may not show up
up properly in the photo of the page as a whole
 
 Distress Crayons, sets BRIGHT and EARTH plus stencilling to take colour OFF - layer ONE

 
 Ranger Archival inks stamping and additional stencilling (colour ON this time)
  
Hero Arts curved swipe of colour with the Delicata golden glitz and stardust stickles to bling! And finally, my Fisher space pen to add the date!

Materials used:
  • Crawford and Black A5 journal
  • Gesso
  • Distress Crayons: picked raspberry, seedless preserves, mermaid lagoon, twisted citron and spiced marmalade - blended with dry fingers
  • Sharpie purple marker and Pitt white bullet tipped pens used to add highlights and blended with finger
  • That Craft Place and That's Crafty stencils used with a baby wipe to take colour back
  • TCW mini circles stencil used with Ranger Archival watering can ink sponged through using a piece of cut and dry
  • Crafters Companion lines, circles and circle/star image stamped using Ranger Archival watering can and cobalt blue inks
  • Ditzies sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Visible Image border (from the fab mini flourish Craft Stamper free image) stamped randomly across the top of my page using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
  • Hero Arts curved swipe image stamped several times using the Delicata golden glitz ink
  • Stardust stickles to highlight Distress Crayon circles and corners
  • Fisher "space pen" in purple used to add the date, I TRIED a metallic gel pen first but this lifted the colour and the Signo Uniball (also in purple) just did NOT want to write .. the Fisher space pen is supposed to write in space so I figured it SHOULD work - and it did!
If I'm honest I am LOVING these distress crayons. I bought gelatos thinking I would love them but I didn't, there's just something cooler about these D.C.'s - perhaps the fab colour range and the fact they retain MUCH of their vibrancy when water is added whereas I always felt gelatos faded too much. Since you can blend with your fingers too they make th eperfect travelling companion. I suspect they will be accompanying me on my next flight too!

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Love to Create - challenge No. 7 - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES - 2nd entry
  2. That Craft Place - 27th March challenge - ANYTHING GOES 
  3. Stamplorations - Mixed Media Sunday March 27th - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES but MUST include stencilling

Enjoy the rest of your Easter

7 comments:

lilian said...

great page mate, You sure have some lovely colours there and have used them with a great results. Love it

Lilian

Debs M said...

Fab page - great to see you doing some more art journalling, loving those colours x

Lauren Hatwell said...

LOVING that colour combination matey. A fabulous journal page. I, too, am loving the Distress Crayons and their flexibility.

Lx

SARN said...

Great colour combo and a fab page altogether.

Wonder where you're other journal is hiding. It's SOOOO naughty!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Becca Cruger said...

Ooooo! I just got a set of these in the mail and I can't WAIT to play! Looks like you had a ton of fun making this artsy bright page!

Cara said...

Looks like you had lots of fun creating that lovely page. Only slightly jealous about the distress crayons, think they'll have to go on my wish list! Cara x

Susanne Rose said...

Awesome spread! Thank you for entering the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge. Hugs, Susanne.