Thursday, 31 March 2016

Morning all and welcome to the very last day of MARCH

Morning all

This year is simply WHIZZING by, tomorrow's APRIL! Next thing you know it'll be May and I know that I'm looking forward to that! Warmer days, lighter nights - perfick!

Got up yesterday morning with an idea in my head ... a crafting idea that is - IS there any other kind? As I look at this make I find myself wondering .. anyone else see someone on a bicycle? No? Guess that will be back to yesterdays journal sentiment "odd things in my head" then!, I see someone on a bicycle, with their head down - guess they're trying to get somewhere in a hurry!

Here's my card
And in close up!
And here's the card and envelope, all co-ordinated,but before I creased my card blank

 

Materials used:
  • White, C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Three pieces of white card, two cut to 9 x 13cm and one to 8 x 12cm
  • Black card, to mat leaving a 1.6mm border
  • Distress Ink in carved pumpkin applied to the lower half of the smaller card panel
  • Dark Room Door polka dot image, stamped using Hero Arts neon pink ink
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied - to seal the water based ink
  • Various sized circle dies placed on one of the larger pieces of white card and run through my big shot
  • For the insert and envelope I stamped the Hampton Arts circle using Memento tangelo ink and then used the smaller Hero Arts circle and Hero Arts neon pink ink to "polka dotify" the orange circle
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Once assembled (die cut, stamped and matter layers) I adhered the image panel to the card front using dimensional foam which I HOPE may be seen in the close up photo above.




I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply  Less Is More - challenge No. 269 - POLKA DOTS - 2nd entry
  2. Creative Card Crew - challenge No. 109 - CLEAN AND SIMPLE
  3. The Cat's Pyjamas Tuesday challenge - challenge No. 311 - USE ONE OR MORE DIES .. been trying to access the site for an hour this morning without success, anyone else got the same problem? Succeeded at 11:40
  4. Through The Craft Room Door - March 29th - April 4th - ANYTHING GOES

20 comments:

lilian said...

My head must be like your as I can see someone on a bicycle as they say mate just join the dots.

Great card and loving the colour,

Lilian

Lauren Hatwell said...

Fab card matey. Love the dots. Really great idea. Lx

Squirrel x said...

Oh hun, I absolutely LOVE this - love the clean simplicity and the cheery design. It's fabulous! Hugs xx

Sid said...

Fab LIM card !!

Debs M said...

I can see them too - great card, love the spots ! x

Jeanie Ellis said...

Yes, the bike is there!! ;-) Love it! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Regards,

TTCRD DT

Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}

Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

SARN said...

Well I probably wouldn't have seen a bicycle until you mentioned it . . . but then I could see it clearly!

I LOVE this CAS card with it's pretty orange circles.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Je@net said...

Fab card, love the bright colors and the dots!

Esther said...

This is so fabulously vibrant! Love it!

Karen Ashbrook said...

Great card, love how you carry the design through. Karen x

Cara said...

I can't look at it without seeing a cyclist now! Love the vibrant orange you used. Cara x

Aileen Ryan said...

Wonderful card, love the colour theme, looks great.

Chrissie said...

This is Love this jazzy colour combo Kathy, great job!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sazzle Dazzle said...

WOW! Bold, sizzling, striking and yummy Kathy!
Thanks for sharing and playing along at Less is More this week.
Sarah

Susan said...

Love your CAS card. Nice bold colors are my favorite. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Claire said...

Fab take on the dotty challenge Kathy - such an original design and I love the matching envelope!

Aileen said...

Brill CAS card. Love the bright orange. x

Neets B said...

Polka dots within polka dots! Love this Kathy, and the colours are so juicy. You always do such a great job at finishing off each card with the insert and matching envelope.
Apologies for the late visit!
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Nancy Thomas said...

A great CAS design!

Brenda said...

I definitely see it! Love the CAS style. I'm so glad you persevered and are playing along with us at The Cat's Pajamas TCP Tuesday!