Saturday, 12 March 2016

Morning all - I have no challenge make to share today!!!

Morning all

So, you can see by the title of this post that I have NO CHALLENGE CRAFTING to share - if you stopped by to see my  make for the Simply Less Is More challenge you will be disappointed .... as this post publishes I HOPE to be still sleeping in that giant Hypnos bed (as advertised by Lenny Henry for Premier Inn!!!) as I've been enjoying a few days away! I've been visiting a crafting pal and am pretty sure we shall have enjoyed our time together so, my thanks to Sarn and hubby for their generous hospitality for the past couple of days - much appreciated peeps.

I shall be wending my weary way home later this morning and expecting the journey to take me at least four hours, probably longer as I am planning to head home "the pretty way" and NOT take the M25 winding parking lot!!! I figured I would head out that way as it was quicker but, on a Saturday, I'm pretty sure it will be soooo much busier and thought I would head back along the coast, as far as Shoreham and then inland a bit for Petersfield, Winchester, Newbury, where I shall rejoin the motorway and head on home. Wish me luck and a prevailing wind - I may be back later with my LIM entry but, more likely, catch you all tomorrow ...... it'll have been a long drive! Have a fabulous weekend.

I do, however, have a swap make to share with you .... on a private blog one of our members suggested a mini book swap, any size we wanted but NOT larger than an ATC might be. We could also choose whether to make an accordion book or maze book ... it was started as a BUTTON accordion book but most of us said we didn't have anything suitable (without SHOPPING!) .... I went with an accordion book where the pages measured 3" square and the cover slightly larger. The recipients of both albums should now have received them so I'm happy to share .....


My covered and fastened book
We had to make two so here they are, side by side
And these are the first three pages, a little bigger so you can actually see them!
And the next three pages
And the final three pages
Materials used:
  • One piece of Costco, 300gsm, double sided paper cut in to 3" strips, two strips per book and scored/folded at 3"
  • Second piece of the same pattern Costco paper cut in to 4 squares of 3/4" bigger, for the cover
  • Four pieces of board, cut to 31/4" square
  • One piece of 200gsm A4 white card cut in to twenty pieces of 23/4" square
  • Images: Stampers Anonymous (It's not who you are), Rubberstiltskin (I stamp therefore), Visible Image (mini flourish). Stamping Up (Happiness), Close to my Heart (photo frame), Acid Drops & What Nots (vintage head), Viva Las Vegas (bird lady character), Paper Artsy (Weird and Think outside the box), Inkadinkado (hand), Recollections (clock butterfly, Time Flies and special memory), The Cats Pyjamas (dog at the port hole), Clearly Inspired (hydrangea) and Kaisecraft (friend).
  • Inks: Ranger Archival jet black, watering can, cobalt blue. Hero Arts neon pink, green, orange
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • Faber Castell Pitt Pens to doodle borders
  • Crystal stickles, Wink of Stella glitter brush pens in black, gold and clear
  • Faber Castell glass bead glitter gel and a memory box stencil
  • Cream organza ribbon

6 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Have a safe and enjoyable journey home Mrs K.

The books are fab and, as is so often the case, SO much more beautiful in real life. I am absolutely chuffed to bits with mine. Thanks so much.

Lx

SARN said...

WOW - what a brilliant project Kathy. LOVE your mini books.

Pea souper out there so far today - take care going home later! You'll probably have to rename the area Foggy Bottom at this rate! LOVELY to see you though. Thanks for coming over.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

Safe journey home. hope you had a great time. The book is even more fabulous irl! x

lilian said...

great book mate, I am sure they will be well received

Lilian

LesleyG said...

I am sure the recipients loved their accordion albums very much, they look like such good fun, full of inspiration. Hope you got home safe n sound from Sarn's, no doubt you enjoyed your playtime you lucky pair xxx

Cara said...

Wow, such detail on such a tiny scale. Just gorgeous. Cara x