Friday, 11 March 2016

The Purple Princess is away from her desk today

Morning all

I'm away meeting up with a crafty pal today ... I've left hubby at home adding the finishing touches to the decorating with some new furniture - we shan't know the old place!!! I drove down to the east coast of the U.K. yesterday and will hopefully have slept very well last night as a result!! With a bit of luck I should be meeting up with Sarn shortly and we should hit here as it opens!! There should be some stash acquisition followed by a little light crafting and Sarn tells me she's ace at making pizza's so .... can you guess what's for dinner this evening? Thanks in advance for your hospitality, both. I hope to have some pix to post once I get home, sometime tomorrow .... don't say you've not been warned!

However, I DO have some craft to share with you ... a dear friend gave me a fab A3 journal for Christmas (quite some time ago I'm ashamed to say - hanging my head as I type) .... frankly, its scale scared the bejasus out of me. However, I was hoping to take my A4 journal away with me but - could I find it? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, must have put it somewhere SERIOUSLY safe when I re-organised my craft area back in September and not done any journalling since - Hmm, nothing for it but to crack the seal on the MEGA journal!! 

I only have 8 gelatos and I don't use them anywhere near enough, a friend (the same dear friend that donated the journal btw) recently bought, and fell in love with, Distress Crayons and is LOVING them - made me think that I might get some but, not unless I can get to grips with these blimmin' gelatos! Which eight do I own? Well: black, white, silver, gold, squid ink, acqua dolce (turquoise), banana and blood orange ... nothing for it but ...... watch out, I'm going in!


Laid down some gelato scribbles
Started with wet fingers but moved to a baby wipe -
the gold gelato turned things kind of muddy
- not exactly a bad thing!
Baby wipes are just so useful! Knocked back some
of the colour through a stencil
Materials used:
  • A3 journal page, gesso'd
  • Gelato's in acqua dolce, blood orange, banana and gold smooshed with a moist baby wipe and allowed to dry
  • A fresh baby wipe used to remove some colour through the TCW random square stencil 
  • White acrylic paint smooshed in to circles using a trusty digit!
  • Squid gelato used to draw round my white circles and blended with - you guessed it, a baby wipe

This is how it looked BEFORE I took it to Sussex with me. How will it look when it comes home? Ah well, that's something I can't tell you ... YET! Wish me luck!

And now for today/s Friday Funny, brought to you by... Lilian, I tell you this so you know who to blame!!


LEXOPHILIA - WHO ON EARTH DREAMS THESE UP?

  
·        How does Moses make tea?   Hebrews it.  
  
·        Venison for dinner again?   Oh deer!  
  
·        A cartoonist was found dead in his home.  Details are sketchy. 
  
·        I used to be a banker, but then I lost interest. 
  
·        Haunted French pancakes give me the crêpes. 
  
·        England has no kidney bank, but it does have a Liverpool. 
  
·        I tried to catch some fog, but I mist. 
  
·        They told me I had type-A blood, but it was a Typo. 
  
·        I changed my iPod's name to Titanic.  It's syncing now. 
  
·        Jokes about German sausage are the wurst. 
  
·        I know a guy who's addicted to brake fluid, but he says he can stop any time. 
  
·        I stayed up all night to see where the sun went, and then it dawned on me.
  
·        This girl said she recognized me from the vegetarian club, but I'd never met herbivore. 
  
·        When chemists die, they barium. 
  
·        I'm reading a book about anti-gravity.  I just can't put it down. 
  
·        I did a theatrical performance about puns.  It was a play on words. 
  
·        Why were the Indians here first?  They had reservations. 
  
·        I didn't like my beard at first.  Then it grew on me. 
  
·        Did you hear about the cross-eyed teacher who lost her job because she couldn't control her pupils? 
  
·        When you get a bladder infection, urine trouble. 
  
·        Broken pencils are pointless. 
  
·        What do you call a dinosaur with an extensive vocabulary? 
    A thesaurus. 
  
·        I dropped out of communism class because of lousy Marx. 
  
·        All the toilets in New York's police stations have been stolen. 
    The police have nothing to go on. 
  
·        I got a job at a bakery because I kneaded dough. 
  
·        Velcro - what a rip off! 
  
·         Don’t worry about old age; it doesn’t last.

     
Have a great weekend - I know I will!

7 comments:

Barb said...

You girls have a great time and I look forward to seeing what you both make together. Enjoy,spend lots of money and eat lots of cake!

Your funnies are great again. My bestie loved them last week. Barbxx

Cara said...

Sounds like you're going to have a great time. Looking forward to seeing how the journal turns out. Loving the dreadful puns. Cara x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Yeah! Glad to see you broke out your A3 journal. Look forward to seeing how your page progresses at Sarn's. Have a fab time.

Truly groan worthy Friday Funny. Well done Lilian. They did make me chuckle. Lx

Viv said...

Hope you had a great time with your friend and bought lots of crafty stuff Kathy.The gellato's look fun too. Loved the Friday funnies....had to read them all, so funny!!! Enjoy your weekend...we have been buying furniture too ;) Viv xx

Debs M said...

Hope you have a great time - well done on starting on your A3 journal, looks great so far x

lilian said...

Good luck with getting to grips with the gelatos. Like what you have done with the journal

lilian

SARN said...

. . . and didn't we have LOTS of inky fun today?

Thanks for travelling down, I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight and have a trouble-free and enjoyable journey home tomorrow.

Terrific Friday Funny.

Big hugs,
Sarn xxx