However, I DO have some craft to share with you ... a dear friend gave me a fab A3 journal for Christmas (quite some time ago I'm ashamed to say - hanging my head as I type) .... frankly, its scale scared the bejasus out of me. However, I was hoping to take my A4 journal away with me but - could I find it? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, must have put it somewhere SERIOUSLY safe when I re-organised my craft area back in September and not done any journalling since - Hmm, nothing for it but to crack the seal on the MEGA journal!!
I only have 8 gelatos and I don't use them anywhere near enough, a friend (the same dear friend that donated the journal btw) recently bought, and fell in love with, Distress Crayons and is LOVING them - made me think that I might get some but, not unless I can get to grips with these blimmin' gelatos! Which eight do I own? Well: black, white, silver, gold, squid ink, acqua dolce (turquoise), banana and blood orange ... nothing for it but ...... watch out, I'm going in!
|Laid down some gelato scribbles|
|Started with wet fingers but moved to a baby wipe -|
the gold gelato turned things kind of muddy
- not exactly a bad thing!
|Baby wipes are just so useful! Knocked back some|
of the colour through a stencil
- A3 journal page, gesso'd
- Gelato's in acqua dolce, blood orange, banana and gold smooshed with a moist baby wipe and allowed to dry
- A fresh baby wipe used to remove some colour through the TCW random square stencil
- White acrylic paint smooshed in to circles using a trusty digit!
- Squid gelato used to draw round my white circles and blended with - you guessed it, a baby wipe
This is how it looked BEFORE I took it to Sussex with me. How will it look when it comes home? Ah well, that's something I can't tell you ... YET! Wish me luck!
· How does Moses make tea? Hebrews it.
· Venison for dinner again? Oh deer!
· A cartoonist was found dead in his home. Details are sketchy.
· I used to be a banker, but then I lost interest.
· Haunted French pancakes give me the crêpes.
· England has no kidney bank, but it does have a Liverpool.
· I tried to catch some fog, but I mist.
· They told me I had type-A blood, but it was a Typo.
· I changed my iPod's name to Titanic. It's syncing now.
· Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.
· I know a guy who's addicted to brake fluid, but he says he can stop any time.
· I stayed up all night to see where the sun went, and then it dawned on me.
· This girl said she recognized me from the vegetarian club, but I'd never met herbivore.
· When chemists die, they barium.
· I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. I just can't put it down.
· I did a theatrical performance about puns. It was a play on words.
· Why were the Indians here first? They had reservations.
· I didn't like my beard at first. Then it grew on me.
· Did you hear about the cross-eyed teacher who lost her job because she couldn't control her pupils?
· When you get a bladder infection, urine trouble.
· Broken pencils are pointless.
· What do you call a dinosaur with an extensive vocabulary?
· I dropped out of communism class because of lousy Marx.
· All the toilets in New York's police stations have been stolen.
The police have nothing to go on.
· I got a job at a bakery because I kneaded dough.
· Velcro - what a rip off!
· Don’t worry about old age; it doesn’t last.