Sunday, 13 March 2016

Welcome to another lazy Sunday

Morning all,

You may have spotted my recent absence? Well, that would be because I set off on Thursday morning to head to Hailsham to visit with a crafting pal ... it's a fair old hike so I had myself checked in to the local Premier Inn for two nights. Had a perfectly SPLENDID time with Sarn and her hubby, Gra, who both made me very welcome. This might turn out to be a rather photo heavy post so .. pull up a chair and grab a coffee before you start - you have been warned!

Sarn collected me my hotel on Thursday evening and we visited one of their fave hostelry's .. don't ask me where it was or what it was called ... I was just enjoying being chauffeured after a three hour drive!!! Food was great and the company even more so - really good evening, always nice to catch up with friends, isn't it?

Friday morning Sarn picked me up at 10:00 and took me to That Craft Place ... they don't open till 10:00 you see and they're only about a mile from where I was staying!




On to some journaling with my MEGAjournal
The lovely Sarn looking very relaxed mid journal page too
 
Base layers for journal pages 2 and 3. Dylusions paints in turquoise/violet and Fresco paints in hay stack, orange (name of it escapes me) and London bus
 
On to a 6 x 4" canvas with a layer of gesso and then modelling paste ... then Dylusions sprays in bubblegum, lemon and red

Decided to treat page 2 to some clear gel medium through some stencils .... then decided I HATED the whole thing so, plan B it was .... white dylusions paint and then a coat of turquoise


Much better, ready to start again now!
Sarn and I each with our fave page of the day


Me and my MEGA journal - in case you thought I was exaggerating the size!
And in more detail:

My fave page of the day
You MAY just be able to see the dashed border and even the GBGG if you click on this pic!
Materials used:
  • A3 journal
  • Gesso
  • Paper Artsy Fresco paints: Haystack, orange (it MIGHT be blood orange) and London Bus, applied with a baby wipe
  • Circles created using my fingers and the above paints
  • Images used: Carabelle coffee stains, Stampers Anonymous numbers and small circles, Grid from SU, two sentiments by unknown manufacturers as I was using Sarn's stash!
  • Signo uniball white gel pen used to highlight text, 
  • Faber Castell Pitt brush pen scribbled around the circles, finger wet with a baby wipe and then used to smudge the ink
  • Kaisercraft bronze eco paint applied with a credit card, to create a dashed border, I then repeated the exercise using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Distress crackle paint on a couple of the red circles - just to add more texture
  • Faber Castell glass bead glitter gel added around the outer edges with a credit card for an uneven but but twinkly border

I'll be entering my circles journal page for the following challenge:
  1. The Craft Barn - March 13th two weekly challenge - CIRCLES
  2. Welovetocreate (pan pastels) - challenge No. 6 - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES
  3. That Craft Place - challenge No. 6 - ANYTHING GOES


Sarn with her fab journal page too - she's still working on hers though I THINK my own is finished!
WE SHALL SEE
And my stash haul? Quite modest really, for me!



And, as if that wasn't enough ..... there's the late entry for my usual Saturday challenges, it's the dreaded One Layer Card challenge this week . . . . 

My card

The envelope and inside of my card
Materials used:
  • 12cm square 250gsm card blank and matching sized envelope
  • See D sentiment stamped using Memento London fog ink
  • Kaisercraft images from the clear set called "stains", inked using Hero Arts neon orange and pink 
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using Hero Arts neon green

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 267 - OLC - SENTIMENT
  2. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 104 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Graph'it colour challenge - challenge No. 8 - BRIGHTS
  4. Simply Papercrafts for all occasions - challenge No. 25 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Southern Girls - March 3rd challenge - GETTING WORDY

Also received my latest batch of ATC swap materials and again I cry .. "ANY ideas?"


Two die cut pieces .......

Enjoy the rest of your weekend

29 comments:

Esther said...

SO jealous of your craft buddy visit and shopping trip! Sounds like a fab time. I'm super impressed at your mega journal size, and you both look to have done some gorgeous layouts! Your card is fantastic, so bright and eye catching and how fab to see the envelope done too. Great LIM entry!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

You certainly look like you've had a fun and crafty few days Kathy and loving the vibrant striking shades of both the journal page and your card. Perfectly eye-catching and elegant take on the challenge and thanks for playing along at Less is More this week. Sarah

scrappymo! said...

Wow...What fun!Those are gorgeous backgrounds that you created. I love the colours.
So glad you posted photos of your crafty day and the photos of each other!

Maaike Uijthoven said...

what a nice place cramped full of goodies, nice card too..love those colourful splatters and it's def a happy...birthday card, well done

Debs M said...

Loving your journal page and well done on the one layer challenge. Wow those materials are pants! Wynneth may be right - a finnabair-esque creation?

Barb said...

It sounds as if you both had a wonderful time. You certainly both produced beautiful pages during your playtime. Lovely happy photos of you both and today's card is really lovely Kathy. Enjoy your day. Barbxx

SARN said...

We had a great time didn't we?

The hostelry was The Yew Tree Inn at Arlington (out in the sticks).

Loving your bright one layer wonder this morning.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

SARN said...

Oh, and I reckon EVERYTHING in your swap materials is gonna need some serious ink spraying, gessoing and waxing!

xxx

Kathyk said...

Thanks for filling in the blank, Sarn!

Kathyk

My name is Wynneth said...

Morning matey. Love your bright and colourful pages, that journal really is mega size isn't it ha ha lovely to see a few captured moments of your crafting trip too. Great entry for the challenges and love your bright and spring-like LIM card.

Have FUN with those ATC materials !

Luv
Wynneth x

Neets B said...

Oh, your stash haul was very modest, well done at being restrained, we know how tough that can be.
Loving the neon splats on your OLC, really eyecatching.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

scrappyjacky said...

Sounds like you had a great time....wish I'd known you were so close to me.

Sharon said...

Looks like you had a fab time. How can you restrain yourself in that shop with all those goodies? I would have spent a fortune!
Love your MEGA journal page and your card for our Less is More challenge is wonderfully elegant (sorry I'm a bit late returning you comment on my blog -it's been a busy day!)
Sharon xx

Cara said...

Wow, looks like you had an amazing time! I think you were very reserved with your stash acquisition. Have a great week, Cara x

lilian said...

Looks like you both had a really great time. Loving the journal pages and it sure is large.

Love the pictures as well

Lilian

Susan said...

Looks like you had a fun trip. Love your birthday card...perfect for the theme. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Carla Brooke said...

Such fun creations, thanks for sharing with Simply Papercrafts!

Kathleen said...

Love your orange creation and all your gorgeous photo's, especially lovely to see the wonderful Sarn.
Have a good week Kathy.

Kath x

Gerrina said...

Looks like you had fun days! And wow what a BIG journal! Great orange-page!
But your BD-card is my favo; beautifully done! Have a good week again!

Di said...

So glad you posted piccies and wrote about your fun times with Sarn! Fabulous journalling by both of you too. And I adore your less is more card!

Hugs

Di xx

Chrissie said...

Well this looks as though you had a great deal of fun!
Super pics and a super card for our challenge Kathy!
I love splats!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is more"

Darnell J Knauss said...

How fabulous to spend two days with Sarn, Kathy! That's so cool to have a brick and mortar craft store right there; I think you showed enormous restraint! And I love how neat and organized Sarn's craft room is!! Thank you for sharing this lovely photodiary of your time together and all your beautiful makes! Hugs, Darnell

Elizabeth Hart said...

Loved that bright and happy birthday card - fabulous colors. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge. Elizabeth (DT)

Linby said...

Just can't believe how neatly you both journal! Looks like a good day and great results.
Love your sentiment card - great layout.

Karen Ashbrook said...

Enjoyed reading your post, love your card too. Karen x

Sarah said...

SARN pointed me in your direction and I'm so glad she did! I am a bit of a crafter although I don't make cards but I love seeing how talented you all are and they give me so much inspiration. Lovely to see photos of the people behind the blogs too.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

A sweet surprise awaits you over on the Southern Girls blog. Congratulations! Hugs, Wends x SGC DT

Jane said...

Wow, certainly a mega album, lovely page!! My inlaws are at Hailsham! Thank you for entering The Craft Barn Challenge.
Jane x

maggie said...

Fabulous circles in your art journal. Love the bright, sunny colours you have used.