Wednesday, 16 March 2016

Welcome to another What's On Your WorkDesk Wednesday

Morning all

As many regular followers and/or readers will know, I participate in an ATC materials swap with a buddy on the Isle of Skye and her latest batch of challenge materials arrived at the weekend, whilst I was away so this is really the first opportunity I've had to make anything with them. I received a die cut "buckle" and a butterfly "filigree" shape ... it has to be said that neither piece are particularly "ME" but I'm NO quitter and it is, after all, a challenge! Onwards and upwards!, here is my ATC


My ATC
And a closer view of the Glass bead glitter gel
And as Works In Progress .....


my materials

 
Laid out on my ATC ..... I added flitterglue and gilding flakes to the backing ATC




Materials used in addition to those supplied:-
  • ATC - Kraft and ridged, to give texture to my Mixed Media ATC
  • Snippet of white card cut slightly smaller than my ATC
  • Silver edged white satin ribbon
  • IndigoBlu flitter glue brushed all round the outer edge of the Kraft card and gilding flakes applied with the excess removed using the IndigoBlu scoochie
  • Claudine Hellmuth matte gel multi medium, to attach the ribbon and die cuts to my snippet of card
  • White gesso to get everything the same colour
  • ? Iridescent pink acrylic paint - three coats
  • Treasure Gold in onyxite rubbed over the raised surfaces, with the aid of a trusty (and now very BROWN) finger!
  • Faber Castell glass bead glitter gel brushed all over the ATC ... OTT? I don't THINK SO! You should see how it twinkles IRL!
  • Gold leaf paint in classic gold applied with a brush to a 3mm die cut butterfly and, when dry, overstamped using a Crafters Companion circles stamp inked with Ranger Archival jet black ink

Is it me? Or does EVERYONE else find that gilding flakes seem to be full of static and just LOVE to head off in to the ether? I found some as far away as the KITCHEN!!!!

And what will I be sending her this time?


Wonder what she will make with these
 
I used a Wendy Vecchi sentiment and images by Katzelkraft

And now, since it IS What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday ... here's a sneaky peek at my own messy work space!


6 comments:

SARN said...

Well I think you won the battle with the swap materials there Kathy. Top marks!

Happy WOYWW Mate xxx

scrappymo! said...

Lots of beautiful shimmer and sparkle here! Great job on thiese both!

Cara said...

Lovely ATC, that bead gel looks amazing. Super cute cat stamps, I think I need them! Your workspace looks ridiculously tidy to me. Cara x

lilian said...

Love what you have made out of the things you were sent from you ATS buddy.

Great work desk mate,

Lilian

Barb said...

A lovely ATC. Very clever how you used the pieces your friend sent. Now that's one busy desk. Barbxx

Loll said...

LOVE your ATC Kathy. What a great idea to use the glass bead gel ... it just sparkles. And LOVE that pink. Your gilding flake background is gorgeous too. Great job! xx