Friday, 18 March 2016

Welcome to the Friday Funny post .....

Morning

I'd like to welcome my latest follower, Sarah, thanks for joining me -  hope to see you again soon.

Hubs and I have been away for a few days, visiting pals in sunny Blackpool ... and it was .. sunny, that is! Slightly photo heavy post so I hope you all have a minute to browse!


Cleveleys - sea front
See what I mean about SUNNY!?!??!?


Who could resist a photo of these two beach huts .. hubs reckons they're portaloo's but .....

We enjoyed a lovely couple of days with our friends, Mary and Barry who's hospitality is legendary. Mary's sister, Winifred even popped round to say hello. How we wish they all lived a little closer! A lovely meal in Poulton on Tuesday evening, sadly, Mary was poorly on Wednesday evening so (rather than leave her on her own and swan off to dinner) the boys nipped out and got Thai takeout - every bit as nice and Mary perked up as the evening went on I'm pleased to report. Two days is hardly long enough but we fitted in the above sightseeing and even got to play with this little cutie - anyone know what breed of dog she is? She's NINE years old and still wants to play for HOURS!


Lily with her Christmas pig toy!
STILL ready to play!
On to some crafting, I felt the urge to hit the ToC upon my return home after a few days without crafting! 


My card
The reverse of my card and envelope
The front of my envelope and the inside of my card
Materials used:-
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 13½cm square
  • One piece of navy card cut to mat with a 1.6mm border
  • Snippets of card in both white and navy, for my image panel
  • Images: Carabelle motorcycle and "RIDE" sentiment, Paper Artsy splatter, Stampers Anonymous tyre track and sentiment and Crafters companion stars and circles
  • Inks: Versafine onyx black and smokey gre, Ranger Archival cobalt blue, Memento sweet plum, rhubarb stalk and Paris dusk



What do you think? Too busy or just right? I wondered initially but, now - I LIKE IT so .... I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. A Bit More Time to Craft - challenge No. 16 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Through The Craft Room Door - March 15th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Cardz4Guyz - challenge No. 111 - SPEED
  4. Seize the birthday - March 10th challenge - THE GREAT DIVIDE
  5. Unicorn - challenge No. 7 - CLEAN AND SIMPLE

And now for the Friday Funny which I found on Facebook so there's no entry in the draw this year, hope you'll enjoyed anyway - it reminded me of Captain Mainwaring in the original series of Dad's Army and it's apt as the Dad's Army movie is still in cinema's .. I believe!

Have a great weekend

17 comments:

Sarah said...

Thank you for the welcome, it's lovely to be here. I think the card is just right and I know several people it would be perfect for! Haven't we had a beautiful few days? We went to the seaside to and had a fantastic day at Budleigh Salterton on Saturday. Hope your friend is ok now.

lilian said...

Lovely pictures. Sure was nice and sunny.

Loving the card mate, I just love the image,

Lilian

Debs M said...

great pix, so glad it was sunny for you and fabby card x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Ha! Ha! Great Friday Funny. Love that.

Smashing motorbike card and I thoroughly enjoyed your fab photo's from your trip. It looks absolutely idyllic. I'm so pleased you all had such a lovely time.

Lx

Stampsnob. said...

Great easy card to make but so fun to receive TFS Unicorn Ch Lis DT

Cara said...

Glad the weather was good for your break, I want to go to the seaside now! Love the motorbike card, just the right level of busy. The funny certainly made me giggle. Have a great weekend, Cara x

JoAnn said...

Nice photos. TFS
Fabulous masculine card. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

SARN said...

Your card is just perfect as it is Kathy.

LOVE the FF . . . one of my fave Dad's Army sketches and quotes xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Love the bike card.

Jennifer Bradley said...

Great male card, love the image and how you have kept the rest of the card CAS. Great photo's. Thanks of sharing with us in our challenge and good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member Unicorn Challenge. x

Viv said...

Great card Kathy, glad you had a lovely time at Blackpool too.My SIL lives at Poulton too, small world. Loving the friday funny of course, think I saw that on Pinterest too...made me laugh...a lot! ;) Viv xx

Lisa Lara said...

Great masculine card Kathy. I love the matching envy.

LesleyG said...

Fab pictures, fab card and fab funny! Ty's and have a great weekend xxx

Jane Willis said...

Brilliant card, I might have to CASE it for my sin on law's birthday! Thanks for sharing at Cardz 4 Guyz. And I laughed out loud at the funny - it looks like the art and wit of that talented artist, Simon Drew
Jane

Cazro said...

A wonderful card, loving the image and the Sheena texture stamps look so cool. I love the image being on the envelope too. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz DT

Nancy said...

Super masculine card with matching envelope! Thanks for sharing your talents with us over at Seize the Birthday!

Helen said...

Great CAS design - love the matching envelope.

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Helen x