Monday, 14 March 2016

Welcome to the start of another week

Morning,

Well we've reached the start of another week and, after last week I could use a rest but no, I'm off gadding about again today - this time meeting a pal for coffee. Poor hubs is being left at home ... again! He can cope! And, besides, the weather forecast seems to indicate that he may be able to go outdoor flying again this afternoon so the boot will be firmly ... on the other foot! 

That's OK too though as I have a thank you card to make and a gift to wrap!, but .. in the meantime ... some more crafting .... take a few snippets, stamps and inks and ....

My finished ATC
 
Work in progress!
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of card in black and white. I cut the black one to fit the ATC blank and the white card panel to 1cm smaller
  • Coneflower from the Paper Artsy JOFY set #14 stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Brusho (turquoise) mixed with water and used to colour wash the background
  • INKTENSE pencils and a water brush used to colour the image - once dry I sprayed with Crafters Companion Spray and Shine to seal the water based colours
  • Small circle design from the above JOFY set stamped on the outer edge of the black card and randomly on the coloured panel using Delicata golden glitz ink

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 220 - USE SNIPPETS
  2. Hiding in my craft room - challenge No. 242 - SUPER SCRAPS SATURDAY
  3. Stamping Sensations - March challenge - FLOWER POWER
  4. My Time to Craft - challenge No. 317 - FLOWERS
  5. Crafting from the heart - challenge No. 103 - ANYTHING GOES
My regular readers will recall that I swap ATC materials with a buddy on the Isle of Skye ... received my latest batch of materials .... this is what she has sent me ..


And what had I sent her?

I sent my ATC swap buddy these materials
And she made this ATC with them.


My original? Well, it looked a lot like this ..




Do check back on Wednesday to see what I turned Pam's materials in to!

14 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Well how gorgeous is THAT? I love the blue sky and little "magical" swirls. They accent your flower beautifully.

Loving both those ATC's too.

Have a great day Mrs.

Lx

brenda said...

A super floral ATC Kathy, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Squirrel x said...

You don't do things by halves do you missus - two super, but totally different, makes. Love them! Hugs xx

Di said...

Love this cone flower ATC Kathy. Fabulous colours too!

Hugs

Di xx

Debs M said...

fabby makes Kathy - looking forward to seeing what you do with those materials! x

SARN said...

Great floral ATC mate.

Love the look of BOTH the swap item ATCs too.

Can't wait to see what you do with the latest materials! Talk about a challenge!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Cara said...

Great ATCs. Love the cone flower stamp and those cute little circles. Cara x

Carla Brooke said...

A lovely ATC, thanks for sharing at Crafting from the Heart!

Barb said...

Hope you had a good time out with you friend.

I love the cone flower ATC. The colours look fantastic. I love the idea of the two of you using the same stuff to make an ATC. They both look great and are very different. Barbxx

lilian said...

great ATC and love the Australian stamp.

Love the flower on the first ATC

lilian

Loll said...

Love your latest ATC Kathy. Great colours and design! And your friend (and you), made awesome designs with the cityscapes. xx

Joan said...

Fabulous floral card, love the cone flower and the little swirls too

Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month

Joan

Eret said...

Such a fun card. Love the image and your stamping. Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Stamping Sensation.
Eret x

Laura Turcotte said...

wow---those are gorgeous! Thank you for joining us over on the HIMCR blog!